• Page

of 7 First / Last

• phAge 25 May 2010 16:26:09 24,371 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    phAge wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    What a limited life you must lead phage.
    Yes. Not playing Playstation games limits my life immensely.

Well done.

mrpon didn't mention PlayStation games. You did that.

He was talking about life in general.

Hilarious.
  • mrpon 25 May 2010 16:26:26 28,932 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    mrpon wrote:

Well done.

Cheers. Well yes you are missing out on some great exclusives, never mind the other plus points. Why the hate?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• phAge 25 May 2010 16:27:14 24,371 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ryandsimmons wrote:
    Well... if you always knew you weren't going to get one then why ask?
    IIRC I asked for good alternatives?
  • mcmonkeyplc 25 May 2010 16:27:20 39,457 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    :(

Why cant we all just get along.

/loads shotgun

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Bremenacht 25 May 2010 16:28:21 18,297 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm. I shall buy a cat or a dog, but I don't like dogs, so I shall buy a cat. And start a thread to inform dog-owners of my decision.
  • X201 25 May 2010 16:29:12 15,486 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Fanboys are just suffering from a form of OCD - a psychological disorder. Poor souls.

Monomania surely?

• Deleted user 25 May 2010 16:29:16
    phAge wrote:
    I know that - objectively - the PS3 would be the wiser purchase. I just don't want one, which I made quite clear in my very 1st post. Luckily some peeps actually answered my question instead of getting riled up over nothing, so I guess the thread can be locked now.

Riled up over nothing? It's like posting in the 360 forum, "I want a machine to play Alan Wake, but I don't like 360. What are my options?" I think you've got away quite lightly, tbh.
  • phAge 25 May 2010 16:29:39 24,371 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    phAge wrote:
    mrpon wrote:

Well done.

Cheers. Well yes you are missing out on some great exclusives, never mind the other plus points. Why the hate?
    I don't have the time to play all the exclusives on the 360, so I'm sure I'll manage. I don't play PC games at all, and that's not keeping me up at night either.

And as for "the hate", I'm not the one going apeshit over me not liking Sony/PS.
  • cianchristopher 25 May 2010 16:30:12 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, we shoulda killed the guy!

Not liking the PS3. That's a hangin' offense...
  • Res 25 May 2010 16:30:15 1,814 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is by far the most retarded non-Bengali thread I have read in a long time. Ignoring ones created by 300k+ users, obviously.
  • phAge 25 May 2010 16:31:07 24,371 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DrEggtimer wrote:
    phAge wrote:
    I know that - objectively - the PS3 would be the wiser purchase. I just don't want one, which I made quite clear in my very 1st post. Luckily some peeps actually answered my question instead of getting riled up over nothing, so I guess the thread can be locked now.

Riled up over nothing? It's like posting in the 360 forum, "I want a machine to play Alan Wake, but I don't like 360. What are my options?" I think you've got away quite lightly, tbh.
    There are TONS of BD players out there that will do everything I need from a BD player. AW is only available on the 360 (thus far).

So no.
  • mrpon 25 May 2010 16:32:26 28,932 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Would you buy a Sony BD player phage?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• silentbob 25 May 2010 16:32:31 28,975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    phAge is gay.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• Deleted user 25 May 2010 16:32:46
    phAge wrote:
    There are TONS of BD players out there that will do everything I need from a BD player.

So, er, get one! And make sure not to tell everyone, and we're all winners!
  • cianchristopher 25 May 2010 16:33:36 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, but what peopleare saying is that the PS3 does everything you're asking for, for the same price as other machines. And it does those things as well as or better than the alternatives.

In addition, it also plays games (which you are under no obligation to buy) so you've got that bonus too (or not, if you so wish).

You're saying you don't like the PS3. Simple as that! Despite it doing everything you've just asked for in a blu-ray player.
  • phAge 25 May 2010 16:36:16 24,371 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've got the feeling that this thread has run it's course. Thanx to those who contributed constructively. Cheers!
  • Balboa 25 May 2010 16:47:55 442 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Hmm. I shall buy a cat or a dog, but I don't like dogs, so I shall buy a cat. And start a thread to inform dog-owners of my decision.

Should I eat a bacon sandwich later? Bearing in mind I've been a hamburger supporter since forever, and don't even let pork in the house.
  • Bremenacht 25 May 2010 16:52:48 18,297 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Balboa wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:

Should I eat a bacon sandwich later? Bearing in mind I've been a hamburger supporter since forever, and don't even let pork in the house.
    You could always make the bacon sandwich, and then throw away the bacon before eating it.

(Anyone who suggests this is ridiculous behaviour, shall go into my memory as a Pork Defence Force member or Hamburger Hater, and be forever negged in the comments threads)
  • UncleLou Moderator 25 May 2010 17:09:38 35,574 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    All fanboy nonsense aside, how good is the PS3 actually as a Blu-Ray player? Is it still competitively priced? A mate for example has one that was a bit cheaper (might be a Panasonic), and it takes bloody ages before the disc menu appears after you insert a disc compared to my PS3, and a colleague has massive problems with newer Blu-Rays on his (and there's no firmware update yet).

Or can you go out and buy one that's easily as good as the PS3, for less? Serious question, I have no idea.
  • Deleted user 25 May 2010 17:14:00
    My PC/Mac > Your PS3
  • RyanDS 25 May 2010 17:16:54 9,386 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    All fanboy nonsense aside, how good is the PS3 actually as a Blu-Ray player? Is it still competitively priced? A mate for example has one that was a bit cheaper (might be a Panasonic), and it takes bloody ages before the disc menu appears after you insert a disc compared to my PS3, and a colleague has massive problems with newer Blu-Rays on his (and there's no firmware update yet).

Or can you go out and buy one that's easily as good as the PS3, for less? Serious question, I have no idea.

The PS3 is subsidised by Sony. They lose... $20? or something every one they sell. Other Blu Ray players are there to make money. (The PS3 is designed to hook you in to make money off of games, not the console itself.)

So take the price of the PS3. Add the loss that Sony make, then add on whaetever percentage a normal company would try to make, maybe 15%? (Again a guess.) And that will be the comparable Blu Ray player.

As I said upthread my PS3 is much faster than my BD player.
  • Deleted user 25 May 2010 17:18:05
    iwlrolqyobqb wrote:
    /buys and plays Uncharted with the vast amounts of change left over from not buying Crispys PC/Mac ;-)
    Uncharted is shit, my PC cost 300
  • UncleLou Moderator 25 May 2010 17:20:33 35,574 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ryandsimmons wrote:

So take the price of the PS3. Add the loss that Sony make, then add on whaetever percentage a normal company would try to make, maybe 15%? (Again a guess.) And that will be the comparable Blu Ray player.

For that to make sense you'd have to take into account what else is in the PS3, like the Cell etc., surely? :) They're losing/lost money because of the Cell etc.

As I said upthread my PS3 is much faster than my BD player.

Ah, missed that. Seems to be quite common, then. I actually thought my mate's player is broken till he told me the startup time is normal. :p
  • Page

of 7 First / Last