Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 3

• Page

of 123 First / Last

• macksed 9 Jun 2010 08:51:15 3,798 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    it just occurred to me that maybe this PSN downtime today might have something to do with this?...seeing as the 3D thing was already implemented in the last firmware (right?) and E3 next week...
  • jellyhead 9 Jun 2010 08:59:42 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They've closed down a lot of the cross-country PSN purchases too. There's lots of people complaining they can't get Joe Danger as Sony have blocked IPs by country. That smells of locking down markets because 'Premium' things are imminent to me.

Foreign PSN cards still work though.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• kingcrowbar 9 Jun 2010 09:19:26 936 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What kind of lock down, just EU to US or within the EU too? That would really piss me off if I was restricted to using the Czech PSN store rather than using the UK one with scratch cards.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 9 Jun 2010 09:23:30 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    it'll be shit if we can't access the US store

hello borders, hello slow games :(
  • Retroid Moderator 9 Jun 2010 09:27:57 45,311 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:

Is it time to Joey Sony Europe?

What am I talking about.... it's always time to Joey Sony Europe!

/Joeys Sony Europe
  • buggrit 9 Jun 2010 09:29:24 5,179 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:

Is it time to Joey Sony Europe?

What am I talking about.... it's always time to Joey Sony Europe!

/Joeys Sony Europe
    XD
    Even the missus calls acts of corporate retardedness "doing a Sony" - she ain't wrong!
  • pinebear 9 Jun 2010 10:32:56 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Market segmentation seems like a backwards step to me. Ho hum.

• jerrymanu 9 Jun 2010 10:48:24 3,119 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If the premium service is available in my territory then I'm all for it. Thus far I'm unable to watch Videostore, Iplayer, etc. I'm slightly concerned about the news that cross-country PSN if being nerfed. It's the only way I can access Store content so if they remove the feature I'm pretty much fucked.

Cyprus FTL

/goes to check
  • Psiloc 9 Jun 2010 11:05:55 1,663 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    They've closed down a lot of the cross-country PSN purchases too. There's lots of people complaining they can't get Joe Danger as Sony have blocked IPs by country. That smells of locking down markets because 'Premium' things are imminent to me.

Any more detail on this? I have $12 on my US account ready for FFIX, would rather not lose it.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 9 Jun 2010 11:10:26 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also waiting for FFIX :(
  • jerrymanu 9 Jun 2010 11:58:37 3,119 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:

Any more detail on this? I have $12 on my US account ready for FFIX, would rather not lose it.
    Dunno for sure, but as a test, I just DL'd a free theme from the UK store. Came down no problem, so the functionality i still there. Having said that, maybe I'll not run into problem as I'm in 'euro' land, all be it only just :p
  • pinebear 9 Jun 2010 12:19:32 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Free stuff is supposed to be ok at the mo, it's paid content that's causing trouble.

I wonder if they'll introduce cross-regional store purchases as a Premium service a bit further down the line?

• buggrit 9 Jun 2010 12:20:30 5,179 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pinebear wrote:
    I wonder if they'll introduce cross-regional store purchases as a Premium service a bit further down the line?
    Bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah!
    /slaps thigh
    Oh you!
  • Retroid Moderator 9 Jun 2010 12:37:55 45,311 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    buggrit wrote:
    pinebear wrote:
    /slaps thigh
    Oh you!
    It's a cracker!
  • matt6666 9 Jun 2010 12:43:55 2,620 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This sucks if true.
  • Psiloc 9 Jun 2010 13:03:23 1,663 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jerrymanu wrote:
    Psiloc wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:

Dunno for sure, but as a test, I just DL'd a free theme from the UK store. Came down no problem, so the functionality i still there. Having said that, maybe I'll not run into problem as I'm in 'euro' land, all be it only just :p
    Thanks for checking. If the issue is only with funding the wallet then I should be OK thankfully as my wallet has enough for FFIX. Also it's pretty much the last thing I will need from the US store.

I'd rather this not happen though.
  • pinebear 9 Jun 2010 13:08:43 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    buggrit wrote:
    pinebear wrote:
    /slaps thigh
    Oh you!
    It's a cracker!

"..and as a special concession to our most loyal core gamers, for just $4 / €4 / £7 on top of basic Premium membership, they can access 'Triple Platinum' benefits, including access to the best exclusive PlayStation content from around the globe via our brand new PlayStation Network Xperience!"

/deafening lack of applause

• buggrit 9 Jun 2010 16:08:36 5,179 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pinebear wrote:
    Retroid wrote:
    buggrit wrote:
    pinebear wrote:
    /slaps thigh
    Oh you!
    It's a cracker!

"..and as a special concession to our most loyal core gamers, for just $4 / €4 / £7 on top of basic Premium membership, they can access 'Triple Platinum' benefits, including access to the best exclusive PlayStation content from around the globe via our brand new PlayStation Network Xperience!"

/deafening lack of applause
    "...oh, OK. We'll throw in cross-game chat and a built-in party system too."

/tumbleweed
    /coughs
  • Retroid Moderator 9 Jun 2010 16:21:51 45,311 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That'd never fly. No matter how much I'd want 60hz PS1 games.
  • Bloobat 10 Jun 2010 16:52:13 266 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Global party system would be awsome, I would definatly buy it though, and Cross game chat is looking juicy!

Also Sony, keep the name to PSN+ not psn service pack!!!!
  • buggrit 10 Jun 2010 17:03:42 5,179 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bloobat wrote:
    Global party system would be awsome, I would definatly buy it though, and Cross game chat is looking juicy!

Also Sony, keep the name to PSN+ not psn service pack!!!!
    You need a 360, if those things are so exciting to you ;)
  • HiddenAway 15 Jun 2010 22:31:03 15,000 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Now Playstation Plus. Early adopters get LittleBigPlanet free for the PSP.

From the EU Playstation Blog:

Hi Everyone, you may have heard in all the E3 hype that we are launching a new premium subscription service called PlayStation Plus in just a weeks time, so I just wanted to give you all a quick heads up on what you can expect to get from this great new service so you have all the info before launch on the 29th June.

The first thing to note is that PlayStation Network is still free to join and all the current features will remain free. PlayStation Plus will be offering you a service above and beyond this, including loads of content and exclusive, member-only, PSN features.

From 29th June you’ll be able to purchase a 1 year or 90-day membership from PlayStation Store and instantly get your hands on the following premium features. Plus, if you sign up for a 1 year membership between 29th June and 3rd August, we’ll also throw in a free downloadable copy of the award winning LittleBigPlanet.

Games:
    As a member you can expect to get your hands on at least four games a month at no extra charge. Each month there will be a selection of one PSN game, two minis and one PS one classics available on PlayStation Store for you to download. You also get premium avatars and dynamic themes each month, many of which are exclusive to members.

Talking of exclusive, there will also be discounts available on loads of PlayStation Store content, just for members, so make the most of them as these will change each month as well.

Finally, wherever possible we’ll be making sure that members are included in some selected demos and beta trials before they go live to the public so you can be the one to tell all your mates about the next big game they ‘must’ get.

Just the games, avatars and themes alone are worth at least £200* per year, so even before the other benefits, this service is great value for money

Full Game Trial:
    This premium feature gives you the chance to try PSN and Blu-ray disc titles before you buy them in a whole new way. We are not talking normal demos of selected parts of a game here. With Full Game Trial, you can download the full game and play it as if you owned it for approximately one hour, depending on the game, before you decide if you want to buy it or not. So you can check out the online modes, play against friends or anything else you’d normally do with a game.

The other great thing is that your progress and trophies from the trial will all be unlocked if you buy the game so no need to go back and start again.

Automatic Download:
    We wanted to offer members the speediest service possible so sign up and you can set your PS3 to automatically receive the latest game updates for all the games you play, PS3 system software updates and even have game demos sent directly to your PS3 without lifting a finger.

Just set the time you want to receive them and your PS3 will automatically wake up and download everything, ready for when you next want to play. No more waiting to play your favourite game because there is a new patch or having to remember when the latest system software is launching, let your PS3 do the work.

Details of this great new service, including a list of content available for the first 2 months will be on playstationplus.com between now and the 29th, but don’t forget to get on the Store and sign up before the 3rd August to get the added bonus of a free copy of LittleBigPlanet.

It would be great to hear what you guys think of this new service and I’ll be back one here on Wednesday morning to try and answer any questions you have.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Jazzy_Geoff 15 Jun 2010 22:33:34 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago

1) I thought there was something about the first three months being free, did I imagine this or is it US only?

2) I don't have a PSP so what am I supposed to do with the free PSP game?

3) What happened to the insurance thing? is that definitely out
  • neilka 15 Jun 2010 22:34:09 16,539 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can I be the first to ask for a 48 hour PlayStation Plus trial code?

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Master_Miller 15 Jun 2010 22:34:49 1,642 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "lol"
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Jun 2010 22:35:51 48,225 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sounds absolutely worth the money. If you happen to be made of money and/or don't like your money and want rid of it asap.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:37:00
    Not sure if I want this, but glad to see you can buy it from the PSN store as it means you can use cheap PSN funny money.
  • Physically_Insane 15 Jun 2010 22:37:10 9,294 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Games tied to your subscription is just plain retarded.
  • Page

of 123 First / Last