Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 111

• Page

of 112 First / Last

• Malek86 30 Jul 2014 16:37:00 818 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @nickthegun Vita seems to be getting constantly good enough stuff. Then again, it's been out for a while now. But as a PS4-only user, it's a little more barren for me. The service seems almost geared toward making you buy a Vita (since PS4 owners will need to get it anyway for multiplayer, they seem a little less pushing in that regard?).

Edited by Malek86 at 16:37:32 30-07-2014
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Jul 2014 16:40:34 24,322 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think that's a pretty decent bunch of games. I played a little of Fez on xbox but never got that far, always thought it was a perfect Vita game. So looking forward to that.

Crysis 3 is another game I would never have bought, but happy to have a go of.

Don't really know much about the others, apart from Lego Harry Potter which I probably won't bother with.

For 2.50 I'm pretty happy.

Edited by CosmicFuzz at 16:41:22 30-07-2014

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• CosmicFuzz 30 Jul 2014 16:42:57 24,322 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    @nickthegun Vita seems to be getting constantly good enough stuff. Then again, it's been out for a while now. But as a PS4-only user, it's a little more barren for me. The service seems almost geared toward making you buy a Vita (since PS4 owners will need to get it anyway for multiplayer, they seem a little less pushing in that regard?).
    PS4 games will become larger, retail releases soon. It wasn't on Vita for ages because they wanted to wait for the library to grow. I'd rather get some indie games on PS4 now and retail games later however than get nothing for the first year.

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• Triggerhappytel 30 Jul 2014 16:44:15 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I knew Proteus would be soon. I knew it. Game looks interesting but the last couple of Curve Studios games I've bought have shown up on PS+ soon after, so I'm now hesitant to buy their games unless it's one I want to play immediately.
  • waggy79 30 Jul 2014 18:08:40 967 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I see the side bar on the UK store also lists Luftrausers as a plus game for next month. Maybe they put the US one up by mistake. Would rather that than Proteus personally.
  • SomaticSense 30 Jul 2014 19:32:00 8,291 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:
    That's incredibly disappointing. Every month that passes by seems to be the worst one yet.
    Lets not go crazy here.
    I'm speaking subjectively though.

There is literally nothing there I haven't bought already on Playstation devices (in the case of Fez, twice), or am not the slightest bit interested in wasting HDD space with (Harry Potter).

Versus last months offerings, which at least had the curious Towerfall, then it is, for me, the worst one yet. Which is something I've been feeling every month compared to each previous one. Not since Outlast and Metro Last Light have I thought "BANG, can't wait to d/l that!", which seemed to happen almost every month last year.

But like I say, this is me, and is based on my gaming interests and what I've already bought. Not everything said on the forum comes from someone speaking "FACT".
  • kentmonkey 30 Jul 2014 19:39:15 20,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Same as Somatic.

Last year virtually every month was a 'great, at least one of those I really want' and now this year, apart from Strider (which I really enjoyed) I've mostly either not wanted any of them, or been disappointed.

Value-wise, even at 50p per game (if that is it) if they're 50p for games you never wanted, that's still not value for money.

Not complaining, yet, as really if I get two full priced games off of it during the year I enjoy, or 5-6 indie titles, it still pays for itself, but it's no longer the 'you must get this' recommendation it used to be for me when talking to other PS device owners.
  • rockavitch 30 Jul 2014 19:45:44 322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So do I need to play the first 2 Crysis games or will the 3rd still make "sense"?

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• the_milkybar_kid 30 Jul 2014 19:47:36 323 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I knew Fez would be on PS+. Will give most of them a go
  • CharlieStCloud 30 Jul 2014 20:00:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    ... but it's no longer the 'you must get this' recommendation it used to be for me when talking to other PS device owners.
    PlayStation 3 = eight years old
    PS Vita = three years old
    PlayStation 4 = eight months old

I think way too many folks have sky high expectatations.

Once the PlayStation 4 approaches ten, eleven or twelve months (old), we shall begin to see full retail games available on PS+ as well as newer indie games too.

I think Fez is as good as a choice as you can ask for and is available as a cross-buy/cross-play game and has only been available for what, three months or so? It is quite new, despite being an 'old' game.

This image blows me away, even if it is only in America:

• kentmonkey 30 Jul 2014 20:07:45 20,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I wasn't on about PS4 though. I have all 3.

Constant 3ds ports of poor lego games on vita aren't doing it for me. Ps3/4 versions fine, but not these. And I've found the PS3 games quite poor, compared to where we were last year.

It now feels like they're either resting on laurels a little, or alternatively they are no longer getting the support of the developers.

It's still ok and I remain hopeful it will get better, but it's declined in quality and, as I say, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it at this time (but nor would I encourage anyone not to).
  • CharlieStCloud 30 Jul 2014 20:40:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    I wasn't on about PlayStation 4 though. I have all three.
    Fair dos.

... and yes, the LEGO games on the PS Vita are comparable to the (poor) ones on an iOS device, which is a shame because I know the PS Vita can do those full fat LEGO games on it, albeit scaled back visually.

I just think it is a little bit too early to grumble about the lack of retail games.

If the Games with Gold service brings out a full game before PS+, or if a year goes by without any 'proper' games available, then yes, you can go ahead and grumble with all your might! For now however, keeping your expectations low-ish would be the wisest thing to do.

Anyways, Fez is blooming great; it's a genuine masterpiece. Go play.
  • the_milkybar_kid 30 Jul 2014 20:49:53 323 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    My sub ended a few weeks ago but I'm still able to play all the games I have on the 3 systems?
  • X201 30 Jul 2014 20:52:21 15,402 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    My sub ended a few weeks ago but I'm still able to play all the games I have on the 3 systems?
    Until the key expires.
  • Grax 30 Jul 2014 20:56:04 2,224 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    My issue with ps+ is I don't play my ps3 anymore I have a pharmacy 40gig model so downloading anything is next to impossible. It means I generally download the vita and ps4 games and lately I have found the vita games a little lacking (isn't this the second crap Lego game in the last few months) having said that, there isn't many retail vita games being released at the moment.

I haven't played fez so looking forward to that but just wish there was a bit more (spoilt brat alert)
  • Flying_Pig 30 Jul 2014 21:39:58 10,993 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm reasonably happy with this month's offerings. Although I've already finished Fez on the Vita, it's an excellent game and definitely worth playing.

Proteus is a game I've had my eye on, go happy to grab that for nothing and I was going to buy Metrico anyway. No interest from me in Crysis 3 and Lego HP.
  • Kujata 31 Jul 2014 07:33:59 2,278 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Grax - I found myself in a similar position, though my PS3 was an 80gb rather than a 40gb, it was still too small. I ended getting a 1tb hybrid drive for my PS4, then taking the PS4's original 500gb drive and fitting it in my PS3. Problem solved!

Now all I need is a bigger memory card for the Vita...
  • nickthegun 31 Jul 2014 08:08:51 59,912 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rockavitch wrote:
    So do I need to play the first 2 Crysis games or will the 3rd still make "sense"?
    Yes and no. Yes in that its a direct continuation of the story, no in that the story makes no sense anyway.

The second one is especially incomprehensible.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• DUFFMAN5 31 Jul 2014 11:56:08 14,667 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I completed and I'm sure enjoyed Crysis 3 on the 360, but I have no memory of it at all!
    I know I enjoyed the mp side of things in 2 for a while, again I can't remember if I played 3 mp.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• rockavitch 31 Jul 2014 12:10:00 322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cheers, then that's something for me to blast through next month then as it's been a while (4 months I think) since I had something to download and play. Can't complain too much as I have quite a few waiting when I get a PS4.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• CosmicFuzz 31 Jul 2014 12:10:10 24,322 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    rockavitch wrote:
    Yes and no. Yes in that its a direct continuation of the story, no in that the story makes no sense anyway.

The second one is especially incomprehensible.
    All I remember from the second one is the fucking suit rebooting itself constantly.

• SomaticSense 31 Jul 2014 12:45:59 8,291 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rockavitch wrote:
    Cheers, then that's something for me to blast through next month then as it's been a while (4 months I think) since I had something to download and play. Can't complain too much as I have quite a few waiting when I get a PS4.
    It's a great game. Nothing special, and ran like shit at times on 360 (so I imagine it might be slightly worse on PS3), but it's a solid and fun FPS. The bow is the greatest bow in a game ever too.
  • Flying_Pig 27 Aug 2014 16:20:43 10,993 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    September's PS+ Titles

3rd September: Velocity 2X (PS4)
    3rd September: Sportsfriends (PS4)
    3rd September: PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale (PS3)
    3rd September: Hoard (Ps3)
    3rd September: TxK (PS Vita)
    3rd September: Joe Danger (PS Vita)

No idea whether Velocity 2X and/or PSABR will be cross-buy.

Probably a decent month for PS Vita and PS4, but I have zero interest in the PS3 titles. I'm actually a little disappointed that Velocity 2X is a PS+ title - I would happy have bought a copy and feel that making it 'free' on day one massively de-values the game.
  • PazJohnMitch 27 Aug 2014 16:25:07 8,044 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought PS Allstars had already been on plus? Or was that in the US?

Not a very good month for me but then I am going to be playing Destiny for most of it anyway. So not to bothered.
  • MatMan562 27 Aug 2014 16:31:44 2,459 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Velocity 2X is cross-buy, FuturLab confirmed it on Twitter. I get what you mean about it devaluing the game but I think I will buy the soundtrack and/ or one of the T-shirts they're making to support it instead.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• monkman76 27 Aug 2014 16:35:10 4,243 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hm, not a thrilling selection, though at least more people get to play the fantastic TxK.
  • Mr-Brett 27 Aug 2014 16:37:21 12,788 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same thing happened with velocity ultra right? I have to assume that futurlab are adequately compensated because I think every game they've made has appeared on ps+ at some point.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Feanor 27 Aug 2014 16:49:48 14,166 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Judging by the forums, TxK is one of those games that makes most of the trophies impossible to get unless you're a savant.
  • mattk84 27 Aug 2014 17:30:03 471 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wonder if the days of full releases being on PS+ are over. On PS3 you didn't need PS+ to play online so it needed a selling point now it is needed to play online it sells itself so no full games. Hope I'm wrong though.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• kalel 27 Aug 2014 17:32:26 87,662 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There will be full releases. It needs a little while longer, but I expect to see things like Lego Marvel and Need for Speed before too long. I think they might ramp it up a bit towards Christmas.
  • Page

of 112 First / Last