Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 105

• Page

of 112 First / Last

• X201 28 Mar 2014 16:09:44 15,278 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heads up

Sly is also Cross Play

Players who own Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on both PS3 and Vita will be able to use the Vita as a controller for the PS3 version of the game.

Players can also use the Vita as a pair of X-Ray goggles by pointing the Vita at the TV and reveal hidden secrets and other collectables.

Players can take pictures of loot in the game and reap the rewards using their Vita.

To activate it:
    Turn on AR server on the PS3 in Options > Game.
    Then on the Vita got to the AR Treasures option located on the main menu.
  • Flying_Pig 2 Apr 2014 11:35:37 10,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hotline Miami, Sly4, Mercenary Kings and PES 14 are up.

Can't see MotoGP 14 is yet, though
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Apr 2014 11:37:21 14,604 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fancy me some PES, my last one was in 2004!

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• the_dudefather 2 Apr 2014 11:38:32 9,288 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neato, will be downloading Hotline Miami tonight, haven't got too far in the PC ersion but should be a fun game to play on the bus (as long as someone doesn't look too close at the screen :D )

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Wavey 2 Apr 2014 11:42:37 373 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sly, vita or ps3? Decisions :)
  • Flying_Pig 2 Apr 2014 12:14:59 10,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wavey wrote:
    You'll get both. It's cross-save too
  • X201 2 Apr 2014 12:22:49 15,278 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Wavey wrote:
    You'll get both. It's cross-save too
    And Cross-Play.

You hold the Vita up to the screen and it reveals hidden objects and stuff. See post at top of this page.
  • ChiefGB 2 Apr 2014 13:00:50 895 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Moto go is up but it's just Moto gp 13 not 14 and there was two versions by the look of it. Just played hotline Miami for the first time, I can see what all the fuss is about now. Had to wrestle myself away from it, hard as nails though.
  • elhozzo 2 Apr 2014 13:01:23 309 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sly, vita or ps3 - my decision was based on file size - 3GB on vita, or over 20GB on PS3 ... so Vita it is

@Flying_Pig - the MotoGP game is up, its the 13 not 14 version of the game ...
  • Flying_Pig 2 Apr 2014 13:45:32 10,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @elhozzo just grabbed it. Thanks.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2014 14:14:41
    Hello everyone.

I was thinking of picking up a Super Slim PS3. I heard on the net that with PS+ you can "claim" PS4 instant collection games even without an actual PS4 (planning to buy it later).

Is this actually possible? I wanted to enjoy the PS3 and its library (Persona 5 too...) but being able to benefit from PS4 PS+ in the mean time would be awesome.

So is it true? How do you do it?
  • spindle9988 2 Apr 2014 14:15:58 3,530 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just purchase them under the free tab on the website

Edit: once you have logged in

Edited by spindle9988 at 14:16:26 02-04-2014
  • Deleted user 2 April 2014 14:19:10
    Wow, thanks a lot. So I can start building a PS4 backlog before I even get the system? Awesome.
  • fuzzocks 2 Apr 2014 14:19:30 49 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:

Is this on the actual console? The website's still showing last month's games with a "coming soon" banner for the new ones…
  • greenmekon 2 Apr 2014 14:21:15 171 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @fuzzocks motogp 13 is up
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Apr 2014 14:34:14 14,604 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fuzzocks wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:

Is this on the actual console? The website's still showing last month's games with a "coming soon" banner for the new ones…
    Just this minute put the PS3 on...still the old games for me!

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• midnight_walker 2 Apr 2014 14:41:09 1,947 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Everything's up if you search for it, but not in the IGC bit yet.
  • X201 2 Apr 2014 14:45:07 15,278 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Ext

Use the Sony website

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Then just chuck everything in your basket (PS3, Vita, PS4)
    then check out.

They'll then be on your download list ready to download whenever you want.
  • ashleyriot 14 Apr 2014 12:14:10 23 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I've suddenly developed a bit of a desire to play a football game (it will pass) but was pleased that PES 2014 was being offered free of PS+.

As I began the download I went over to Metacritic to make sure that this was a half decent game and was kind of shocked at the disparity between the critic reviews (78) and the user reviews (41).

I immediately ignored the critic reviews and saw a lot of similarities in what users were saying (i.e. they're not all haters).

However, most of the reviews are over 6 months old and I wonder: have Konami offered some patches to improve it or should I just stop the download now?

Edited by ashleyriot at 12:14:33 14-04-2014
  • Reallysorry 14 Apr 2014 12:23:42 272 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Its free just download it and make your own mind up. You can guarantee half those user scores are from Fifa players, no idea why people go on meta just to hate something because it isn't the franchise they love but it happens all to often. And for the record Im not a PES fan being defensive haven't had one for about 10 years and haven't had a Fifa in 3 years or so bioth have been stale for awhile imo.
  • Zomoniac 14 Apr 2014 12:35:40 7,827 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ashleyriot wrote:
    I've suddenly developed a bit of a desire to play a football game (it will pass) but was pleased that PES 2014 was being offered free of PS+.

As I began the download I went over to Metacritic to make sure that this was a half decent game and was kind of shocked at the disparity between the critic reviews (78) and the user reviews (41).

I immediately ignored the critic reviews and saw a lot of similarities in what users were saying (i.e. they're not all haters).

However, most of the reviews are over 6 months old and I wonder: have Konami offered some patches to improve it or should I just stop the download now?
    I downloaded it and it's an absolute joke of a game tbh. Load times horrific, interface laughable, you have to read every individual patch note ever on first boot (of which there are many), the visuals would be mediocre in 2006, the animations (all 5 of them) make the players move like constipated robots, and the game appears to be played with a medicine ball. Apparently this one was stripped back and rebuilt on Fox, but I can't see any evidence of that (but then Konami have been saying every year since 2007 that "this is the real next-gen one, rebuilt with proper animations" and every time it's been a complete fabrication).

I *want* there to be competition for my money and I want PES to be a viable option again (not least because FIFA's getting a bit complacent and stale now that it doesn't have any real challenge), but it really isn't just a case of "it's not as good as FIFA", it's just a fundamentally bad game by any modern standard in every conceivable way.

Edited by Zomoniac at 12:36:33 14-04-2014
  • kentmonkey 14 Apr 2014 23:03:46 20,609 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ashleyriot wrote:
    have Konami offered some patches to improve it or should I just stop the download now?
    I reviewed PES 2013 and I thought that was more 'enjoyable' to play compared to 2014.

Against the AI the game breaks down in the middle of the park, with the ball pinging about everywhere as the AI only has to be within 5 yards distance from the ball to intercept it, or deflect it. You then tackle them, the ball pops loose, they get it, you tackle, runs loose, you get, go to pass, game takes too long to pass the ball, they tackle you, it bobbles loose, etc.

Too many goals are easily scored from outside the box.

It has zero challenge for the vast majority of the time (Top Player difficulty, Bayern beating me 2-0 at half time, first team I'd conceded against in 8 games, I come back to win 5-2 in the second half).

Passing is either hampered by too much 'assist' or, when you turn it down, it makes some very ood choices for you unless you turn it off, which is unplayable unless you put hours into it as it takes so long to do anything other than a 1 yard pass.

Manual throughballs are almost useless, as the AI doesn't give you space and therefore you don't have time to properly charge up a decent throughball.

It still buffers button presses from ages ago, which means you always have to use 'super cancel' at least 2-3 times a match.

GK AI is shit. Painfully shit, even after patching.

They've completely nerfed speed, because the poor little darlings online don't like defending properly (and this is the same for FIFA as well) and instead want to rush in all the time, therefore speed players become very effective against shit/monkey-rush opponents, and rather than educate players to play it the way it should be, they just remove their pace.

Player stats are very odd - and not really different enough (previous PES games were so good at making better players 'feel' different to lesser ones. This is no longer the case).

Form arrows are still really irritating as they bare no resemblance to what you're doing on the pitch or achieving from game-to-game.

TL;DR version, it's a 5/10 game for the casual player potentially becoming a 7/10 if you're patient enough to learn it's 'idiosyncrasys' and quite forgiving.

Also, if you do download it let me know. So I can beat you 17-0 on this as well! :o)
  • ashleyriot 16 Apr 2014 08:35:35 23 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thanks to all three of you for your input.

Alas, 'Kent', you won't be beating me 17-0 at it because I cancelled the download.

I'm sure we'll round out a EA FIFA World Cup meet at work (for 'Kent' and I work together) so you can beat me at that instead.
  • kentmonkey 16 Apr 2014 08:49:42 20,609 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll go easy and stop at 10 this time. :-)

In all seriousness, I'll never be able to repeat that.

I think you made the right choice. While free to download, I can see it frustrating you if you played it.
  • CosmicFuzz 16 Apr 2014 08:57:15 23,939 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just started howling miami on Vita. Great! Feel a bit self conscious playing it on he train, what with it being so murdery and all, but I'm loving it. I'm shit, but loving it.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• Zomoniac 16 Apr 2014 08:58:46 7,827 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's an excellent autocorrect fail.
  • CosmicFuzz 16 Apr 2014 09:04:17 23,939 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ha! I think I'll leave that in :D

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• thefilthandthefury 16 Apr 2014 13:24:48 24,988 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's an even better title.
  • waggy79 16 Apr 2014 22:33:09 954 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I see the u.s got the Mickey Mouse remake. I'd quite like that to come to our IGC in the not too distant.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 23 Apr 2014 13:15:37 3,390 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    May update

I own all of those except PayDay 2 :(
  • Page

of 112 First / Last