Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 2

• Page

of 110 First / Last

• oceanmotion 17 May 2010 14:52:42 15,641 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sounds good if true. That is a decent set of features.
  • RyanDS 17 May 2010 14:53:45 9,050 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If that list is true I'm sold.

• Flying_Pig 17 May 2010 14:54:45 10,678 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Almost worth it :)
  • Machetazo 17 May 2010 14:56:03 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That list is actually a survey. Participants are asked to choose from four columns containing various selections of those possibilities.
  • Widge Moderator 17 May 2010 14:56:36 13,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think that was a survey to see what kind of service PS3 users would like to see in a Premium service, so take that as a list of potentials.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Widge Moderator 17 May 2010 14:59:56 13,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:

Extended Console Warranty 3 Years

Get your PS3 warranty extended to 3 years as part of your overall subscription (requires you to keep your subscription active). The standard warranty on your PS3 is 1 year.

Access to Beta Games

Get access to Betas of popular games not yet released at retail (Betas offer bigger experiences than typical game demos). You will have the ability to play these games before others do.

Full Title Trial - 1st Hour Is Free

Download full versions of select Blu-ray and PSN game titles and have the chance to play the entire game (single or multiplayer) for free for the first hour. After that time you will have the option of purchasing the game to continue playing.

Token Wagering

Get a fixed number of tokens per month you can wager with other players in competitive online games. These tokens could then be built up and redeemed for free PlayStation Network games and other content.

User-to-User Challenges

Unlock developer-created challenges while playing games. Compete with your friends to see who can be the first to complete these challenges. The PS3 will automatically offer and track challenges and winners and would post results. An example of a challenge is 'first to get 10 trophies' in a particular game.

Free Access to PSOne Classics, PSP Minis and PS3/PSP Themes

Get a fixed number of PSOne Classic games, PSP Minis (bite-sized games), and PS3/PSP themes per month to keep for free for as long as you are a subscriber. The PlayStation Store offers these types of content for $2-6 each.

Discounts on Store Content

Get weekly member-exclusive discounts on specific games, game add-ons and themes on the PlayStation Store. Discounts may range from 20-50% off regular retail prices.

Member Only In-game Content

Get exclusive member-only in-game content for your PS3 or PSP such as new game play options, unlocked in-game weapons or player slots, exclusive levels, costumes/skins, and PlayStation Home spaces.

Cloud Storage Space for Games

Store your game saves on a virtual secure saver. This would allow you to access your game saves at any point in time, and from any PlayStation 3 or PSP console you are logged in on.
    Automatic Downloads and Updates

Customize the types of updates you want your PS3 to download automatically. These include game updates (patches) for games that you own, firmware updates, and game demos downloaded on your PS3 without manually having to select them and wait for them to finish downloading. Your PS3 can be set to automatically turn on for updates and turn off after completion.

Loyalty Program Rewards

Get rewards the longer you are a subscriber and also earn rewards by engaging with PlayStation such as buying games, downloading movies, and rating products. Rewards can include full versions of PlayStation Network games and digital movie rentals from the PlayStation Store.

Facebook Connectivity

Access to member-exclusive Facebook features on your PlayStation 3, such as viewing and linking your Facebook accounts with their PSN ID's, updating your status, editing, uploading and sharing photos, and viewing photo albums of your friends on your TV.
    "

These are the ones I like. The token thing sounds a big crazy.

If I effectively saved the 50 over the course of a year on game discounts and stuff, thats worth it. You can see where the money goes then. PSone games would be awesome apart from the fact I'd probably be locked to the UK store.

_ _ _

• Machetazo 17 May 2010 15:03:44 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The list reads like a quick reference sheet between levels of service for instance (silver,bronze, gold, diamond, etc.) under each column, there's a drop menu labelled 'choose one', but it's a great find anyway. :)

edit: There'd be concerns about gambling on a games console, and even the authenticity of the chips would need to be maintained and assured. You're right, it probably wouldn't work, their token idea.
  • Whizzo 17 May 2010 15:06:06 43,031 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The token wagering would be illegal in most states in the US wouldn't it?

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 17 May 2010 15:06:58
    I did that survey. It took fucking ages and was an utter PITA. It kept repeating the same questions/proposals, with different pricing structures each time :-(
  • ElNino9 17 May 2010 15:07:33 13,285 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    gohda wrote:
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    gohda wrote:
    What's the point in paying 50 a year for some PSN games you don't want

How do you know you don't want them?
    Are they likely to choose the top of the range stuff? Anyway, even if they did, how can they make profit out of that?

I'll just buy the PSN games I want to, thanks.

You can't buy any PSN games at the moment. :)

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Deleted user 17 May 2010 15:08:06
    Whizzo wrote:

It was an SCEE survey when I did it, but I reckon there'd still be implications for under-18s
  • Widge Moderator 17 May 2010 15:08:56 13,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, it looks like it is listing several different structures for $X and whatever list that makes up the most popular option would be the one they go for.

_ _ _

• ElNino9 17 May 2010 15:09:40 13,285 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If that list is true, I'd definitely be interested.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• X201 17 May 2010 15:13:08 15,124 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "to keep ... for as long as you are a subscriber."

Keep giving us money or your games disappear!
  • Deleted user 17 May 2010 15:14:08
    Whizzo wrote:
    Didn't seem to cause an issue in Smash Bros. Brawl.
  • jonsaan 17 May 2010 15:15:48 25,326 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds good but that would mean 100 quid a year on 360 and PSN. Unlikely in my household. Although I probably spend more than that through one off PSN purchases. A free game freom a choice of two each month sounds good but what's the betting I already own most of the dross that will be put forward for this each month?

FCUTA!

• JohnnyWashnGo 17 May 2010 15:16:56 1,544 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not interested.

And I sincerely hope that if they do introduced a tiered pricing system for PSN that they still maintain the high standard of the free service for those of us who don't like to throw money away.

Though knowing Sony and after the OtherOS debacle, they don't seem to mind removing functionality from your system if it serves their purposes :(
  • Blerk Moderator 17 May 2010 15:18:05 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Widge wrote:

Get exclusive member-only in-game content for your PS3 or PSP such as new game play options, unlocked in-game weapons or player slots, exclusive levels, costumes/skins, and PlayStation Home spaces.
    Slightly concerning. Now to get the 'full' game you'd potentially need to buy the 'collector's edition', eight different pieces of DLC, and be a subscriber, as if it wasn't bad enough already.
  • jonsaan 17 May 2010 15:20:45 25,326 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Widge wrote:

Slightly concerning. Now to get the 'full' game you'd potentially need to buy the 'collector's edition', eight different pieces of DLC, and be a subscriber, as if it wasn't bad enough already.

So very true. It seems it's all about 'nickel and diming' the consumer these days.

FCUTA!

• mrpon 17 May 2010 15:22:12 28,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    X201 wrote:

Oh.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Machetazo 17 May 2010 15:25:14 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    X201 wrote:

There is that, yeah. But, otherwise what's to stop people signing up and quickly ditching the scheme, once they've not had to pay to enjoy downloaded game-of-the-moment x?
  • Huxamalay 17 May 2010 15:32:04 319 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    hopefully they'll stop fannying around with the PSOne classics and release some good ones in light of this
  • jonsaan 17 May 2010 15:32:47 25,326 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This weeks free psn classic offer: The little Mermaid or Tarzan.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 17 May 2010 15:36:45
    JohnnyWashnGo wrote:
    Though knowing Sony and after the OtherOS debacle, they don't seem to mind removing functionality from your system if it serves their purposes :(
    This just shows what kind of megalomaniac Ken Kutaragi was when he designed the PS3.
  • Machetazo 17 May 2010 15:43:13 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    This weeks free psn classic offer: The little Mermaid or Tarzan.
    No deal! Aladdin gets put on the table, and they might have something. :D
  • GamesConnoisseur 26 May 2010 05:40:11 419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12329

another link to what is rumoured to be involved in the premium service that is going to be more expensive than XBL Gold.

Pretty similar to the list earlier, however I m wondering about how subscriber is affected if not renewing? What happens to all the contents? Saved games?

Opportunity to back up would be fair?

Also I m another who cannot afford luxury option but can see clearly how it's could be attractive.

Still, I would be very highly furious if European PSN store PS1 contents and how compared to US and Japan is suddenly vastly improved only for subscribers at a stroke!!

Worse still.... European subscribers still get an inferior offering?!
  • Jazzy_Geoff 26 May 2010 09:57:37 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There has been nothing more frustrating in this generation than the decision by Sony and Nintendo to release the gimped PAL versions of their retro games. I assume there are licensing issues in play here but still. I get my ps1 games off the American store. I wonder if I would be able to sign up for their PSN+ service as well?
  • X201 26 May 2010 10:03:54 15,124 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GamesConnoisseur wrote:
    http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12329

Source article

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/25/rumor-sony-to-reveal-psnplus-subscription-service-at-e3-2010/
  • Page

of 110 First / Last