Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 99

• Page

of 112 First / Last

• kentmonkey 31 Jan 2014 22:54:41 20,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hopefully someone can help here.

Had BT Infinity installed today, all working fine, 19mb connection.
    I'm connecting it wired to the PS3, like it's always been connected.
    Today I also installed GTA V from the disc.

Since this afternoon (so after broadband was installed and GTA V was installed on to the PS3), although I've managed to download Bioshock Infinity and Metro Last Light, with no problems (twice in the case of Bioshock Infinity), whenever I go to install them they corrupt at 14%. Both of them.

I've tried redownloading Bioshock and the same thing.

I'm at a total loss. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a way around?
  • TheMayorOfJugs 31 Jan 2014 23:00:34 3,523 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Have you tried not downloading them in the background?

Okami was like that for me for a good 3 months, so I decided to give that a shot uninterrupted and it worked.

Edit: Also, these dudes say to disable the internal firewall on your router, if you feel like it.

The dudes sayeth

Edited by TheMayorOfJugs at 23:02:55 31-01-2014
  • mrpon 31 Jan 2014 23:13:14 28,911 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some maintenance issues atm kent. Check out @superfastzombie on Twitter for more details.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• kentmonkey 31 Jan 2014 23:17:23 20,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Scarily when you google it though loads of people have issues with their PS3's failing at 14% on installs. And they never get it sorted. I didn't even know this was a 'thing'. And the issue appears to be with people who have fast broadband.

I hope it is maintenance and not anything else. I will try downloading them outside of background to see if that helps.
  • kentmonkey 31 Jan 2014 23:39:40 20,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tried rebuilding the file system but no luck.

Just turned on Port Forwarding for PS3 traffic on the Home Hub and now redownloading Metro without putting it into background mode. We'll see what happens.

Funnily enough, there doesn't appear to be any option, under advanced settings or elsewhere, to turn the firewall of the hub off. Not that I really wanted to do that anyway, but I couldn't find anything.
  • kentmonkey 1 Feb 2014 00:20:46 20,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Port Forwarding didn't work.

Neither did downloading it without putting it into background mode.

Fucking great. Just got an internet speed that means I can download a 6gb file in less than 4 hours, and now nothing fucking works.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 1 Feb 2014 00:48:44 3,523 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Is there no option even to just *allow* the ps3?

We have a shit router and shit speed but even on ours there's an allow section where you can add devices that you don't want hindered.
  • kentmonkey 1 Feb 2014 01:02:26 20,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I assume that was port forwarding. I've allowed PS3 under that. Still hasn't worked.

Purely googling the error code it comes up with, and I'm not exaggerating, thousands of people with the same issue going back a number of years.

There was seemingly a problem with Virgin a while back which they've fixed, but there are still loads of people, not on Virgin, affected by it. Everything else works absolutely fine. I can play online, message, etc. etc. Downloads just won't install. Same issue for everyone that experiences it it seems.
  • Spectral 1 Feb 2014 01:04:07 4,990 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Have a look for DMZ, its a option in most routers to completely bypass all the firewall options the the specified IP. Obviously you'll need to make sure the PS3 has a static IP on the lan. That said I don't think this sounds like a firewall issue as it seems far too coincidental that both fail at the same percentage to be random corruption in the download.

Edit: Have you tried disconnecting from the internet before installing?

Edited by Spectral at 01:04:55 01-02-2014
  • TheMayorOfJugs 1 Feb 2014 01:05:03 3,523 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    That is rightly shit :(

Here's hoping you can sort it.
  • kentmonkey 1 Feb 2014 01:10:07 20,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spectral wrote:
    Have a look for DMZ, its a option in most routers to completely bypass all the firewall options the the specified IP. Obviously you'll need to make sure the PS3 has a static IP on the lan. That said I don't think this sounds like a firewall issue as it seems far too coincidental that both fail at the same percentage to be random corruption in the download.

Edit: Have you tried disconnecting from the internet before installing?
    I haven't tried DMZ and I will tomorrow. Apparently they always fail at 14% when there's corruption. Everyone that experiences the same code error fails at 14%.

I also did try disconnecting from the internet before installing. That didn't work either.

It's fucking infuriating, to be honest. Been waiting years for Fibre to make it here, and now it has, Sony's shitty PSN doesn't like it. Everything else works absolutely fine.
  • Kill_Crazy 1 Feb 2014 01:15:26 2,308 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    By no means an expert but it might be worth checking the MTU settings as I've had problems with corrupt DL before due to it. Not on ps3 though.

EDIT: have a look through these search results.
    One person on psn put their MTU to 900 and stopped the corruption. Another number to try might be 1496 (default is usually 1500) or check your isp's website for recommended settings. Hope you get it working :-)

Edited by Kill_Crazy at 04:05:24 01-02-2014
  • Spectral 1 Feb 2014 01:15:47 4,990 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Only other idea's I can think of is trying it in a different lan port on the router in case one is faulty, trying a different cable and trying wireless.
  • DodgyPast 1 Feb 2014 07:25:15 8,468 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spectral wrote:
    Only other idea's I can think of is trying it in a different lan port on the router in case one is faulty, trying a different cable and trying wireless.
    Going wireless could end up slowing your download down enough to work.
  • kentmonkey 1 Feb 2014 10:02:17 20,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just trying again. Set MTU to 800 and changed the primary and secondary dns settings. Got an error message after doing this and trying the connection test saying that my router doesn't support IP fragments but it's connected to PSN and I'm trying the DL now. 20% through the DL as I type.

Annoyingly it takes about an hour all in to see if anything resolves it or not, that's adding to the frustration.
  • kentmonkey 1 Feb 2014 10:38:24 20,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished downloading Metro Last Light after the setting changes, literally just installing it now and......it's gone past 14%!!!!!!
  • mrpon 1 Feb 2014 13:14:50 28,911 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Could also be the maintenance has finished ;)

• Monsieur_Blade 1 Feb 2014 14:08:28 344 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've just ordered a brand new PS4 from Amazon (very excited!) but unfortunately it's not due to arrive until 6th - 8th February 2014. I have set up a PSN account and also bought a 365 day PSN pre-paid card and want to re-deem it so I can add Resogun to my account while it is still free on PSN.

I've tried redeeming the card on the PSN website on my laptop but it says 'this card cannot be used on a PC.' I was wanting to know if there is any way I can redeem the card other than on my PS4 (when it arrives next week)? I really don't want to miss out on Resogun, which finishes being free on on 5th Feb I think.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • MatMan562 1 Feb 2014 14:12:45 2,459 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Monsieur_Blade I think the only other option is on a PS3 or a Vita. If you don't have either you should be able to set up an account on a friends and then use that one on your PS4. I think Amazon's expected delivery dates are usually a little later than they actually arrive though, in my experience anyway, so you might still get it in time.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Zomoniac 1 Feb 2014 14:13:26 7,827 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Monsieur_Blade if you know anyone with a PS4/3/Vita you can ask them to sign into your account and redeem it.
  • Monsieur_Blade 1 Feb 2014 14:27:25 344 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks for the advice guys but managed to sort it.

I've signed up for the free 14 day PSN trial so I've been able to add Resogun and War Thunder to my download list now for when my PS4 arrives next week - then I can just add the code from the redemption card.

I can't wait!! :)
  • X201 1 Feb 2014 15:24:41 15,404 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Monsieur_Blade

Add the 365 card before your 14 day trial ends, otherwise it will attempt to auto-renew via your credit card.
  • Monsieur_Blade 1 Feb 2014 16:51:14 344 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @X201 Cheers for the heads up mate. Yep I'll add the 365 day card the minute I get my PS4 set up.
  • mrpon 1 Feb 2014 16:53:09 28,911 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Add everything to your account from this page as well Monsieur. I keep it bookmarked.

I can't log in though atm, problem with SEN apparently.

• Monsieur_Blade 1 Feb 2014 17:00:35 344 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @mrpon Yep I've already added Resogun and War Thunder from that page. Cheers for the link though.

Is Don't Starve worth putting on my download list?
  • mrpon 1 Feb 2014 17:05:00 28,911 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Personally, I add everything, y'know for a rainy day! Remember the golden rule, you can "buy" and not download, even for systems you don't own.

• Nades 1 Feb 2014 21:02:42 1,277 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Got PlayStation Plus for the first time the other day, have to say its pretty amazing with the free games you get. Makes Xbox Live look like a tight arse! Might even get a better PS3 with more memory, if the free games each month are as good as the ones up at the moment my PS3 will be full in no time :-S.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• yegon 2 Feb 2014 16:38:34 5,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Nades

Or bung a bigger drive into your existing one, it's very easy.
  • Nades 2 Feb 2014 18:18:35 1,277 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @yegon Found out earlier that I got the the 50gb one not a 20gb so should be good for ages.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• SomaticSense 5 Feb 2014 14:37:50 8,295 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow, Metro LL is really quite good isn't it? Like, top 5 of last year good! I feel ashamed I missed out on this, as so far it's almost up there with Bioshock as a tense linear FPS story experience.

I quite enjoyed the decent if slightly unpolished 2033, but this is quite the improvement. Stunning looking to boot.
  • Page

of 112 First / Last