Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 94

  • Page

    of 123 First / Last

  • kentmonkey 6 Nov 2013 09:08:46 20,930 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do any of the PS3 or Vita games free with Plus change today/this week?
  • nickthegun 6 Nov 2013 09:13:03 61,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, its a good job the PS4 lets you upgrade the HDD. The stock 500gb on the XB1 is going to feel very small after a few years.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Trafford 6 Nov 2013 09:15:39 5,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Do any of the PS3 or Vita games free with Plus change today/this week?
    The current 4 have only been up for 2 weeks (23rd October).
    I think we're due the blog announcement on the next batch though.
  • richardiox 6 Nov 2013 09:17:51 5,734 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New Tomb Raider will be on + before Christmas I reckon/hope.
  • Trafford 6 Nov 2013 09:19:41 5,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TR was there in March or April I think.
    I missed it, but bought it in the summer sale.
  • nickthegun 6 Nov 2013 09:22:21 61,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nah, it wasnt. It was dirt cheap in the steam sale, though.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Trafford 6 Nov 2013 09:32:37 5,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Everything ever put on PS+, ever.
    I stand corrected. Looking at that list, things seem to heat up in the holiday season.
  • nickthegun 6 Nov 2013 09:36:13 61,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its probably fair to say that this month has been incredibly generous thanks to sony trying to get people on board with PS+ before the PS4 drops.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • SomaticSense 6 Nov 2013 09:45:37 9,155 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Yeah, its a good job the PS4 lets you upgrade the HDD. The stock 500gb on the XB1 is going to feel very small after a few years.
    If MS continue with the full game deals, and depending on the size of their equivalent of next gen XBLA, then a few months after purchase may be more like it.

    If PS+ has taught me anything, then it's that HDD space is an essential commodity in the future of consoles trying to enter the digital space, and that 500gb isn't even slightly good enough if the console manufacturers are serious about a digital download future.

    The non-replaceable HDD drive is my biggest reason for not wanting an Xbox One. It doesn't matter how good the games are for me if the space is going to be so limited and that the only option for an upgrade will be to spend another near 500 on the inevitable larger capacity SKU.
  • Load_2.0 6 Nov 2013 09:46:23 19,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    Rising is perhaps my GOTY. Like all Platinum games, it revels in being a game first, with mechanics that reveal more depth, the more time you put into it. Also, has the best last boss fight in a long time. Thinking about it now puts a smile on my face haha

    I gave up on the final boss fight! Which I have never done before, Ninja Gaiden and Godhand were rockhard in parts but I finished them. For some reason I just didn't have the stamina for this.

    Great game though and I suspect I needed to explore the other weapons in more depth.
  • SomaticSense 6 Nov 2013 09:49:00 9,155 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its probably fair to say that this month has been incredibly generous thanks to sony trying to get people on board with PS+ before the PS4 drops.
    If it wasn't for PS+, I wouldn't be posting this on my Vita.

    It's a genius marketing strategy. I just wish I had a larger card to store all the games on.
  • nickthegun 6 Nov 2013 09:53:49 61,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Tuffty wrote:
    Rising is perhaps my GOTY. Like all Platinum games, it revels in being a game first, with mechanics that reveal more depth, the more time you put into it. Also, has the best last boss fight in a long time. Thinking about it now puts a smile on my face haha

    I gave up on the final boss fight! Which I have never done before, Ninja Gaiden and Godhand were rockhard in parts but I finished them. For some reason I just didn't have the stamina for this.

    Great game though and I suspect I needed to explore the other weapons in more depth.
    Im glad I played the demo because the first robot wolf boss would have been an absolute fucker if I hadnt already worked out how to parry.

    Its still a bastard, though. It took me ages to work out that the game wants you to be cool, so the way to block gunfire isnt to stand there and block, its to charge at them waving your sword around to chop up the bullets.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Deleted user 6 November 2013 10:28:45
    nickthegun wrote:
    1) downloads 19gb Metal Gear Rising
    2) Installs 19gb of Metal Gear Rising over the course of a million years
    3) start game
    4) please install this 401mb patch

    Seriously? 401 FUCKING MEGABYTES on top of a 19gb installation? Jesus christ.
    Fuck me. i decided to install the game before i went to bed last night. Huge fucking mistake ;) only just woke up .
  • lexxx 6 Nov 2013 10:49:17 166 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    1) downloads 19gb Metal Gear Rising
    2) Installs 19gb of Metal Gear Rising over the course of a million years
    3) start game
    4) please install this 401mb patch

    Seriously? 401 FUCKING MEGABYTES on top of a 19gb installation? Jesus christ.
    That was aggravating. I did a big eye roll... and played Remember Me instead, which I had already downloaded and was good fun. I'm not fully convinced of the claims that next gen consoles will allow you to play while patching/upgrading/installing etc go on in the background, but fingers are firmly crossed.
  • varsas 6 Nov 2013 11:21:06 2,414 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @SomaticSense Do you really need them all available at the same time? You could just download to your PS3, assuming you have one, and then transfer the games you want to play as and when; alternatively download directly overnight...?
  • varsas 6 Nov 2013 11:24:02 2,414 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Trafford Nope

    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Everything ever put on PS+, ever.
    Updated Thread.

    Edited by varsas at 11:26:10 06-11-2013
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 7 Nov 2013 00:17:35 515 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have a question :-)

    Can I play games I downloaded from the instant game collection (with my account with an active + subscription) on another account on the same PS3 system?

    Edited by Rose-of-Sorrow at 00:17:57 07-11-2013
  • Gunzberg 7 Nov 2013 00:26:52 1,751 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For anyone who isn't yet aware - plugging your PS3 into the network with a cable will give you much faster download speeds then over the crap wifi controller installed in it.

    I just switch my PC LAN cable into the PS3 whenever a big download is due. The 360 in contrast downloads over wifi at a rate that just embarrasses my PS3

    Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

  • AaronTurner 7 Nov 2013 03:17:32 7,886 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've found download speeds to be great for the last few months, not sure if they fixed something.
  • EMarkM 7 Nov 2013 06:40:19 3,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No problem with speed at this end, but we have just gone to fibre and I assumed it was that that had improved it.

    Maybe Sony have made changes too.
  • varsas 7 Nov 2013 10:12:52 2,414 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rose-of-Sorrow wrote:
    I have a question :-)

    Can I play games I downloaded from the instant game collection (with my account with an active + subscription) on another account on the same PS3 system?
    Yes, every account on a PS3 has access to the content downloaded from a PS+ account assuming that PS3 has been activated for game content on that PS+ PSN account.
  • SomaticSense 7 Nov 2013 11:36:00 9,155 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    varsas wrote:
    @SomaticSense Do you really need them all available at the same time? You could just download to your PS3, assuming you have one, and then transfer the games you want to play as and when; alternatively download directly overnight...?
    I only have a 4gb card. Uncharted is 3.3gb. It's a problem.

    For the last week I've been doing exactly as you suggested, and it's a massive inconvience.
  • SomaticSense 7 Nov 2013 11:37:23 9,155 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    For anyone who isn't yet aware - plugging your PS3 into the network with a cable will give you much faster download speeds then over the crap wifi controller installed in it.
    Try that with the PS4...
  • dominalien 7 Nov 2013 11:38:02 7,065 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Gunzberg wrote:
    For anyone who isn't yet aware - plugging your PS3 into the network with a cable will give you much faster download speeds then over the crap wifi controller installed in it.
    Try that with the PS4...
    You can't. No Ethernet port, see.

    PSN: DonOsito

  • minimong 7 Nov 2013 15:05:29 70 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What input/output ports and connectivity features does PS4 support?

    HDMI OUT, DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL AUDIO), Ethernet, two USB 3.0 ports, and an auxiliary connector reserved for PlayStation Camera. PS4 also features integrated 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi for wireless internet connectivity and Bluetooth 2.1 for DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller connectivity.

    LINK
  • AaronTurner 7 Nov 2013 15:06:37 7,886 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It doesn't have an Ethernet port
  • kinky_mong 7 Nov 2013 15:11:57 10,867 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's got an x1 port. It's the future.

    All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

  • Rhaegyr 7 Nov 2013 15:14:53 2,723 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can't even download Rising due to my shitty 40GB PS3 :(
  • Mr-Brett 7 Nov 2013 16:27:17 12,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You have PS+ with a 40GB PS3? Wow, I thought I was pushing it with my 60GB (that I soon upgraded a to 320GB after getting PS+).

    Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

  • dominalien 7 Nov 2013 16:35:17 7,065 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    minimong wrote:
    What input/output ports and connectivity features does PS4 support?

    HDMI OUT, DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL AUDIO), Ethernet, two USB 3.0 ports, and an auxiliary connector reserved for PlayStation Camera. PS4 also features integrated 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi for wireless internet connectivity and Bluetooth 2.1 for DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller connectivity.

    LINK
    You're new here, aren't you?

    PSN: DonOsito

  • Page

    of 123 First / Last

Log in or register to reply