Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 89

• Page

of 110 First / Last

• Kay 22 Aug 2013 13:09:12 17,761 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The blog didn't mention they were cross-buy so I'm sceptical.

Not that bothered about this month's offerings, aside from perhaps NLKS . Might give J&D a try if it has aged well. I've heard enough bad things about AC3 to not even bother downloading it.
  • Rhythm 22 Aug 2013 13:10:00 2,466 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    PS+ questions:
    1. How long do games stay in the "free" list?
    2. Can you activate a Plus subscription via the web site, i.e. without actually owning a Playstation of some kind?
    To clarify on the collection stuff, games stay in the "free" list for about a month. You have to *claim* them whilst they're free. Once claimed they're yours for as long as you have a PS Plus subscription. If your subscription lapses you lose them, but regain the rights to play anything you claimed if you restart you sub again

And yes, you can do all this via the web store. I don't have a PS3 but I have a library of PS3 stuff held against my PSN ID as I've claimed it at the appropriate time
  • Flying_Pig 22 Aug 2013 13:11:16 10,687 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stealth Inc (good game, that) and J&D are both cross-buy, but I'd wait for it to be confirmed on the Blog that it'll apply to the PS+ titles before I get too excited...
  • Blerk Moderator 22 Aug 2013 13:13:43 48,225 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks, guys.

I was really wondering if you needed to activate an account from an actual machine or not. I'm not picking up a PS4 at launch but was considering buying a Plus account a few months before I picked one up in order to start building a library of freebies, that way I've got a bunch of things to play once I actually have hardware.

Seems like I could pick a sweet spot a couple of months before and manage to grab four months or so of content ready for day one.
  • Rhythm 22 Aug 2013 13:14:40 2,466 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Stealth Inc (good game, that) and J&D are both cross-buy, but I'd wait for it to be confirmed on the Blog that it'll apply to the PS+ titles before I get too excited...
    Unless they introduce another SKU for each title then I can't see that cross-buy won't work.
  • mikeck 22 Aug 2013 13:31:08 1,903 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I fucking purchased a one year sub on monday, therefore missing out on the 90 days extra. Not fucking happy :(
  • Doomspoon 22 Aug 2013 13:37:26 2,416 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Blerk I can't be sure as I'm new to all this PS3 stuff as of last month but thanks to my girlfriend getting one I've discovered this much:

As far as I'm aware she couldn't manage her PS+ subscription unless through the PS3 (I'm not sure if this was a site navigation issue or whether it is a restriction in place).

With games she 'bought' on her machine (yes, freebies) I was able to log in on a PSN account that hadn't signed up for PS+ and play said games on her machine.

Once her 30 days had lapsed we were both locked out of the games, I put in a free code and we were both immediately able to play stuff on her machine including ones from the previous month that I hadn't registered to my own account.

Now I have a used machine, I was able to download the same games I bought on hers and we were both able to play just fine logged in on my machine.

I haven't checked against games that only one of us has registered but this may be similar to Xbox Live whereby only one purchase needs to be made as long as both accounts exist on the same machine. I know in the case of XBLA/GoD we often log in on each other's machine so we both get the same game as a two for one. Slightly different perhaps that the DRM may not be bound to purchasing account and first machine to be downloaded to as per 360. By this I mean I'm not entirely sure how many different machines a game is allowed to be downloaded to and used by accounts that haven't purchased it.

I was able to 'buy' NBA 2K13 for PS3 which was accidentally listed in the EU store for free via the website a few weeks ago and am currently downloading to my PS3.

In summary it may be that you need to register an account for PS+ via a trusted friend's machine and then can purchase via the website. Sorry it's no real clarification but I hope it helps a little.

Edited by Doomspoon at 13:40:51 22-08-2013
  • Blerk Moderator 22 Aug 2013 13:47:04 48,225 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I hadn't thought about the 'home machine' thing, I guess I could set that up later if I did manage to register a Plus account using the web interface alone?

Getting access to a PS3 isn't impossible for me but is made a lot more difficult by the fact that I only know one "real" person who owns one. Ideally I'd like to do it all via the web browser and then just tag my PS4 as my home console once I bought it - all this falls down if doing it via the web means that my kids wouldn't be able to play those games on my (eventual) machine using their accounts.
  • Randomlampy 22 Aug 2013 13:47:51 580 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @mikeck Bad luck.

I've never looked but is there a customer support email that you could query them adding it anyway, given its so soon.

Maybe your old sub hasn't quite run out and you could do a chargeback and re-buy later? Or at least threaten to ;)

I've found (for other companies) if you sound sufficiently "un-entitled" and hint you've pre-ordered a PS4 they may acquiesce. Shy bairns get nowt, as old nana Lampy used to say.
  • MatMan562 22 Aug 2013 13:53:19 2,313 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Blerk Sorry, I might be being a bit dim and missing something obvious here but the PS3 games you get via PS+ wont be playable on a PS4 and the first PS4 games on Plus aren't going to be on it until the PS4 launch, so what's the point in getting a subscription to get a load of games you wont be able to play? Like, I said, probably missing something, but just in case.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Blerk Moderator 22 Aug 2013 13:54:57 48,225 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    @Blerk Sorry, I might be being a bit dim and missing something obvious here but the PS3 games you get via PS+ wont be playable on a PS4 and the first PS4 games on Plus aren't going to be on it until the PS4 launch, so what's the point in getting a subscription to get a load of games you wont be able to play? Like, I said, probably missing something, but just in case.
    It's specifically for the PS4 games, and I wouldn't be getting one now (a Plus account OR a PS4) - it would be later. Just planning ahead. :)
  • Randomlampy 22 Aug 2013 13:55:44 580 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Blerk There may be a Facebook free trial thing still going for PS+ Maybe you could see if you could grab one, and start adding things to your library.

I'm almost positive I got a vita after I'd added vita games to my "library" and could access them as normal after it had arrived. Though I'm not sure enough to bet my life.
  • mikeck 22 Aug 2013 14:00:12 1,903 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Randomlampy It is just that though isn't it, it's just bad luck.

I'm not going to piss and moan about it, nor complain, I'm just annoyed that I didn't realise my sub had ran out, and because of my impatience to play one of my Plus games, I've missed out on some additional days of membership.

It's the same as buying a game and having it go on sale the next day, I'm not entitled to anything, but it is frustrating ;)
  • PenguinJim 22 Aug 2013 14:05:56 5,758 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Thanks, guys.

I was really wondering if you needed to activate an account from an actual machine or not.
    You need to do it from an actual machine. I had this very problem two months ago! A friendly EGer helped out. Apparently, even though I gave them the PS+ code and my PSN account login, they also had to use their credit card details to set it up.

Edit: I mean "PS3" by "actual machine", just so we're clear. Although apparently a Vita will do the trick, too.

Edited by PenguinJim at 14:06:26 22-08-2013
  • imamazed 22 Aug 2013 14:11:31 5,520 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apparently Stealth Cunt will be cross buy, but not J&D
  • X201 22 Aug 2013 14:11:36 15,138 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mikeck

You need to get you priorities sorted youngfellermelad.

Gaming first,
    Gaming t-shirts second.

;-)
  • Blerk Moderator 22 Aug 2013 14:11:57 48,225 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Thanks, guys.

I was really wondering if you needed to activate an account from an actual machine or not.
    You need to do it from an actual machine. I had this very problem two months ago! A friendly EGer helped out. Apparently, even though I gave them the PS+ code and my PSN account login, they also had to use their credit card details to set it up.

Edit: I mean "PS3" by "actual machine", just so we're clear. Although apparently a Vita will do the trick, too.
    Ah, bummer - that's what I was afraid of. I surmise a PSP wouldn't do, given that Plus isn't PSP-friendly?

Oh well, better to find that out up front, I guess - thanks, Jim!

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it... I bet it's that way to stop people from setting up loads of accounts and selling them on Ebay or whatever.

Edited by Blerk at 14:13:28 22-08-2013
  • Feanor 22 Aug 2013 14:17:24 14,056 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nevermind, I misunderstood your plan.

For some reason I assumed you had a Vita.

Edited by Feanor at 14:19:52 22-08-2013
  • Blerk Moderator 22 Aug 2013 14:30:04 48,225 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How very dare you, sir! :D
  • Randomlampy 22 Aug 2013 15:15:15 580 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @mikeck Thats fair enough, I'm much of the same mindset tbh. Thought it might be worth dropping them a friendly mail.

As I say though, I've no idea what customer support they have and how they are. :)
  • SFD 22 Aug 2013 15:31:50 481 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Anyone interested in a free digital download for splinter cell double agent?

I got the code with my blacklist pre order, but I've finished it before.

Free to a good home.
  • FatsoJetson 22 Aug 2013 19:37:31 302 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SFD I'll take it off your hands if its still going spare. Played it before and always meant to go back to it but never did.
  • Gruff 22 Aug 2013 19:49:06 2,840 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sony Noob reporting in.

Probably going to forgo boxed games next gen.

How much are normal games on PS+, will I be able to buy PS4 games at a discount or are they always stupid Microsoft games on demand mental prices?

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• mrpon 22 Aug 2013 19:50:57 28,447 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Last of Us is £39.99 to buy on the store.

But other new releases can be £50 (Bioshock Infinite) or an eye watering £60 (Black Ops II)

I'd expect the PS4 to follow suit, unfortunately.

Edited by mrpon at 19:55:02 22-08-2013

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Mr-Brett 22 Aug 2013 19:55:11 12,723 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Was it £40 at release? most seem to be £50 at first and drop to £40 after a month or two.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Gruff 22 Aug 2013 19:56:28 2,840 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmm, decent, my master plan may be come to fruition then

Muwhahahaha!!

Damn your edit

Foiled again, but I will be back again cruel world

Edited by Gruff at 19:57:49 22-08-2013

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• gammonbanter 22 Aug 2013 20:00:31 1,486 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Folant wrote:
    £42 for + subs, £60 without.
    I got it when it was £12 - great value. I certainly will not buy it for £42, as I simply don't use it enough.

What worries me is that there is no auto renew I can see anywhere in my settings (there is an end date), so hopefully it won't auto-renew and pilfer £42 from me!

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• Folant 22 Aug 2013 20:07:16 1,161 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    gammonbanter wrote:
    Folant wrote:
    £42 for + subs, £60 without.
    I got it when it was £12 - great value. I certainly will not buy it for £42, as I simply don't use it enough.

What worries me is that there is no auto renew I can see anywhere in my settings (there is an end date), so hopefully it won't auto-renew and pilfer £42 from me!
    Now that you'll be able to have it running in the background on PS4, I might subscribe at some point. But having to have it open, not being able to do anything while playing music isn't something I'll pay for.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• mrpon 22 Aug 2013 20:25:05 28,447 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gruff sorry fella! Felt it only fair to give a balanced picture!!

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Gruff 22 Aug 2013 20:31:13 2,840 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    @Gruff sorry fella! Felt it only fair to give a balanced picture!!
    Nah, S'kay, kinda what I thought.

Still gonna get P+, why would you not, they don't make it easy going no boxed though.

― Agnes Repplier

• Page

of 110 First / Last