Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 88

• Page

of 105 First / Last

• SomaticSense 21 Aug 2013 14:01:34 7,040 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I completely disagree.

There was no way I'd have bought Infamous 2 or Most Wanted, but Infamous has been the best superpower'em'up since Crackdown, and I've more fun with MW than I've had in a racing game in absolutely ages (and I am a racing game freak). I now feel genuinely guilty I bought Forza Horizon instead of adding +1 to the sales figures of Criterion's incredibly well-developed game.
  • Bulbatron 21 Aug 2013 14:05:52 825 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got a couple of questions about PlayStation Plus, if I may.

Firstly, is the 'extra 99 days' offer (mentioned at Sony's conference) on yet. There's no reference to it on the store?

Secondly, if I sign up, should I download the free Vita games? I've no idea if I'll ever get a Vita, but should I download any free stuff while ai can, just in case? If so, then once downloaded, can I delete it and download it later if I ever get a Vita?

Thanks.

Wow - what a mansion!

• DUFFMAN5 21 Aug 2013 14:07:47 13,798 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    download everything or at least queue it up to be downloaded in the future

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Short-Round 21 Aug 2013 14:08:15 1,108 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bulbatron wrote:

Secondly, if I sign up, should I download the free Vita games? I've no idea if I'll ever get a Vita, but should I download any free stuff while ai can, just in case? If so, then once downloaded, can I delete it and download it later if I ever get a Vita?

Thanks.
    Yes. You don't even have to download them, just start the download then cancel. Then it'll appear in your download list, ready for if/when you get a Vita.
  • imamazed 21 Aug 2013 14:08:38 5,450 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Beaten to it...

What everyone else said...

Edited by imamazed at 14:09:04 21-08-2013
  • Randomlampy 21 Aug 2013 14:11:28 580 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Bulbatron

1, Not on the store, but was in the SCEE mail sent out last night. Store must not be updated yet there's a pic a page back.

2, You don't have to download anything if you pickup PS+ you can add the free stuff to your basket and complete the sale (will come up as 0.00) and then its yours for as long as you have the sub. Download them if you get a vita (or PS3) or don't. But you can't add last months freebies once they've gone, so just grab everything while you're on, if you ever get a vita you'll have quite the library.

[edit]
    Yeah, what they said.

Edited by Randomlampy at 14:12:00 21-08-2013
  • Bulbatron 21 Aug 2013 21:00:55 825 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Randomlampy @DUFFMAN5 @Short-Round Thanks for the replies. I have one more question.

My understanding is that any free games you get through PS+ become disabled if the subscription expires, which I suppose is fair enough. However, I was wondering, what happens if you've bought a game at a discount through PS+? Do you have to rebuy the game if, for whatever reason, you choose not to renew the subscription, or do you just pay the remaining difference between the discounted price and the normal price?

Thanks again.

Wow - what a mansion!

• dominalien 21 Aug 2013 21:13:05 6,741 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's yours to keep. The + discount is just that, a discount because you're on +.

PSN: DonOsito

• Flying_Pig 21 Aug 2013 21:13:24 10,270 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Bulbatron - provided you've spent money on the game - even if you've had a + discount, you'll keep the game forever.
  • X201 21 Aug 2013 21:20:00 14,692 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Short-Round wrote:
    Bulbatron wrote:

Thanks.
    Yes. You don't even have to download them, just start the download then cancel. Then it'll appear in your download list, ready for if/when you get a Vita.
    Even easier is doing it via the web store, just add to basket, click purchase and job done.
  • Randomlampy 21 Aug 2013 21:59:44 580 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Bulbatron

Just as those guys said, Its why I assume that "upgrading" the PS+ version of driveclub will allow you to keep the game after a sub runs out, it would act like any other discount.

Anyway the 30 days free on top of a year sub (until the 20th sept) now shows on the PSN website.
  • Bulbatron 21 Aug 2013 22:19:43 825 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Randomlampy Yep, I've just signed up and started downloading all the free stuff. Cancelled them straight away, since I've got a few games to play already. I can redownload them afterwards.

It made me feel a bit dirty, grabbing at all the free stuff like that...

Well, I'm planning on getting the PlayStation 4, so that'll be one less thing to have to set up when the time comes.

Wow - what a mansion!

• istandfreed 21 Aug 2013 22:48:32 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but do the different PS store locations offer different games per region?
  • Ranger_Ryu 21 Aug 2013 22:55:06 971 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes they do. Generally out of America and Europe Europe generally gets the better free games while America gets superior discounts 50% of the sale price as opposed to our 10%
  • Randomlampy 21 Aug 2013 22:57:14 580 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't know how wildly they differ but I couldn't download (or add to cart) some of the PS+ titles when I was in Germany last Christmas.

Also, & while I've not bothered to look recently the US PS store was always better stocked and maintained when I used to use that for PSP games way back when.

Not too much help I'm afraid.
  • istandfreed 21 Aug 2013 23:00:17 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks guys, it's interesting enough to try a proxy via PC and see what happens.
  • Froggit 21 Aug 2013 23:37:12 299 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If I'm not mistaken, proxies and stuff shouldn't have an effect - its down to where your account is based. If you're after US PS+ freebies you'd need to have PS+ on a US account. Can then download on US account and play them on any account on a PS3. For vita you'd have to play them on a memory card with your US account on it though, as account switching is a ball ache on that.
  • istandfreed 21 Aug 2013 23:54:49 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, you're absolutely right, got onto the US store using a proxy but it redirected to my Irish account and you can't change your country under your profile. Wasn't anything there to justify a 2nd account.

Thanks Froggit.
  • kentmonkey 22 Aug 2013 00:04:50 20,071 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whenever I go to download stuff, via a cabled connection (wireless is always awful), I get erratic speeds on PSN. It really annoys me.

Tonight, got 1mb every 12 seconds. Turned PS3 off, turned it on again. 8 secs. Off, on. 11 secs. Off, on. 9 secs. Off, on....1 secs.

If I can get speeds of 1meg every 1 sec, why the hell doesn't it always offer me that. It's as though it chucks you on servers that are full to capacity, and you just have to keep resetting until you get a decent connection. This has happened, every day, for the past two weeks as I download a load of stuff (80gb in total, which on a 3mb connection takes a while).
  • SFD 22 Aug 2013 12:17:43 465 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/22/playstation-plus-in-september-assassins-creed-iii-jak-daxter-trilogy-more/

Excellent!
  • TheMayorOfJugs 22 Aug 2013 12:24:36 2,260 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    SFD wrote:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/22/playstation-plus-in-september-assassins-creed-iii-jak-daxter-trilogy-more/

Excellent!
    Have ass creed and j and d but the other 3 all excite :-D
  • imamazed 22 Aug 2013 12:26:28 5,450 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not too shabby, I don't got any of those games.

Looking forward to giving Stealth Wanker a go. I was bored of Ass Creed years go, so will probably leave III for a bit. Jak and Daxter I can take or leave.
  • CosmicFuzz 22 Aug 2013 12:27:37 21,213 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fantastic!

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• kinky_mong 22 Aug 2013 12:45:09 9,597 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Great offerings so I will definitely be taking them up on that 90 extra days offer.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Rhythm 22 Aug 2013 12:48:11 2,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Stealth Inc and Jak are cross-buy so the Vita deal is especially sweet :-)
  • Blerk Moderator 22 Aug 2013 12:58:09 48,224 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PS+ questions:
    1. How long do games stay in the "free" list?
    2. Can you activate a Plus subscription via the web site, i.e. without actually owning a Playstation of some kind?
  • CosmicFuzz 22 Aug 2013 12:58:55 21,213 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rhythm wrote:
    Stealth Inc and Jak are cross-buy so the Vita deal is especially sweet :-)
    Does that stuff work for playstation plus stuff?

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• DaM 22 Aug 2013 13:05:19 12,603 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    PS+ questions:
    1. How long do games stay in the "free" list?
    Not for ever - I missed Catherine, which was one of the games I signed up for...
    It came on in May, off in July.

Oh and yes to your second question - from here

Edited by DaM at 13:06:45 22-08-2013
  • Rhythm 22 Aug 2013 13:06:04 2,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Blerk

1 - about a month
    2 - yes, you can redeem vouchers or buy time on the web store
  • Rhythm 22 Aug 2013 13:06:56 2,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @CosmicFuzz

It has before (When Vikings Attack was one such game)
  • Page

of 105 First / Last