Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 78

• Page

of 123 First / Last

• Deleted user 4 July 2013 04:38:48
    dagoberto wrote:
    How do you use a 360 pad on ps3?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0089OBLDO/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1372908989&sr=8-4&pi=SL75

And a wired Xbox 360 pad
  • chrisno21 4 Jul 2013 09:19:11 1,548 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got to presume that on a plus day, everyone with plus is hammering their servers. Ofcourse - this doesn't explain why it is so slow every other day of the month...

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 4 July 2013 12:04:42
    Took over 3 hrs to download battlefield, felt just as long to install it. Then had to update the game and then had to install the update!

Never seen anything like it in my life. Thank fuck for my vita!
  • dominalien 4 Jul 2013 15:29:09 7,071 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, the whole download-install-download patch-install patch-download patch ad infinitum on the PS3 is very last gen. It's all good once you get into the game, but that part of the infrastructure is severely lacking.

PSN: DonOsito

• Kay 4 Jul 2013 15:30:31 17,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought PS+ did all of the patch downloading and installing automatically now?
  • Folant 4 Jul 2013 15:32:05 1,614 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    BF3 isn't very.... Fun...

Maybe I just suck, but huge maps, 24 players, tanks blowing the shit out of walls, one shot deaths, motherfuckers running around like Rambo...

I'll pass.
    Good offer for such a high profile game, but MAG is still better.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• nickthegun 4 Jul 2013 15:32:12 61,349 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not on first install if youve just downloaded it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• GuiltySpark 4 Jul 2013 15:37:47 6,470 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Folant wrote:
    Maybe I just suck, but huge maps, 24 players, tanks blowing the shit out of walls, one shot deaths, motherfuckers running around like Rambo
    You've just mentioned everything that I adore about the game!

Though, I would say it's easier to have a game that isn't fun on BF3 than it is on something like COD.

Get bent.

• MrSensible 4 Jul 2013 15:37:49 25,397 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Folant wrote:

Maybe I just suck, but huge maps, 24 players, tanks blowing the shit out of walls, one shot deaths, motherfuckers running around like Rambo...

I'll pass.
    I bought BF3 on launch and still feel the same as you. Not a big fan.

Does MAG still get a lot of players? Was thinking of picking that up.
  • GuiltySpark 4 Jul 2013 16:08:17 6,470 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MAG is infinitely worse than BF3. Even not comparing it to any other shooters, it's simply just not that good.

Get bent.

• MatMan562 4 Jul 2013 16:12:12 2,616 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think MAG does everything really well!

...except the shooting mechanics.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• wayneh 4 Jul 2013 17:09:47 2,394 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MAG FTW! I really must get on again, always used to enjoy it.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• Kay 5 Jul 2013 12:50:23 17,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought people were exaggerating about the PS3 updates/installs, but I switched it on last night to find that straight away it wanted to install Catherine (which had finished downloading the last time the console was on), without letting me do anything else. Took a good twenty minutes and the process couldn't be cancelled. I'd have thought the console would give you the option to install when you want to actually play the game, but nope.
  • SomaticSense 5 Jul 2013 12:59:52 9,195 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Yes, the whole download-install-download patch-install patch-download patch ad infinitum on the PS3 is very last gen. It's all good once you get into the game, but that part of the infrastructure is severely lacking.
    It's not even last gen. It's more 1998 PC. It's the first modern console to my knowledge where you had to put up with such bullshit.

The 360 was launched before it and never required a seperate install process.
  • ecu 5 Jul 2013 13:10:49 77,338 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Folant wrote:

I'll pass.
    lol

Anyway, BF3 has been out for two years now, everyone who still plays it has put in hundreds if not thousands of hours. You're not going to have much fun trying to compete in old online games, that's just how they are. These players know every map inside out, know how to be laser accurate with every gun. Newbies will not enjoy it.
  • Mr-Brett 6 Jul 2013 10:42:26 12,897 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That could well be an element but there's no reason to assume that they'd like it when it first came out either.

I won't comment on which is better but I will say that in MAG's favour, at least it can handle decent size teams on its massive levels.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• dominalien 6 Jul 2013 11:16:34 7,071 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A lot of newcomers could also appear now that it's on +. So I wouldn't give up just yet, if the game itself interests you. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• Tuffty 6 Jul 2013 14:02:32 1,746 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm approaching Battlefield knowing that it's been out a while and if I'm gonna approach it seriously then I'm going to have to accept getting my ass handed to me a fair amount. That has certainly happened, but I also appreciate those little moments I've had with the game too. Like earlier, the were a few snipers in a building and so as I saw two of my teammates putting suppressing fire on them I snuck in the building and managed to take out all 3 of those lvl 50+ fuckers. :D

I find a lot of your success is also dependent on your teammates too, I'm stuck with randoms all the time who don't have headsets. I've had a few victories here and there but mostly losses. And that's with guys who are lvl 50+ too.
  • danathjo 7 Jul 2013 18:16:24 7,535 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Free 90 day pass through Now TV here
    Don't forget to cancel your sub before the months out of course!

I think the one thing you need to do is stream at least 90 minutes to qualify for the +pass but there is quite a good range of movies that haven't made Netflix US yet.
  • Folant 7 Jul 2013 18:36:11 1,614 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Will that work for existing customers too? Or just brand new subs?

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• danathjo 7 Jul 2013 19:05:52 7,535 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry, not sure
  • PrivateFloyd 7 Jul 2013 19:56:34 4,189 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Folant

New customers only in the small print at the bottom

Goat is hungry.....

• MatMan562 7 Jul 2013 20:09:43 2,616 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's likely to end up a really good deal. I took up Now TV on a free 800MSP when you take the free trial deal, halfway into my free month they offered me 2400MSP (which is about 20 worth) if I stayed on for another month (8.99) and since cancelling my subscription I've had two offers, one I took, one I didn't, for the same again (pay 8.99 for a month and get 2400MSP for free). If they do the same for PS+ then you'd be getting a lot of games and films for not a lot of money.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• ramm192 7 Jul 2013 21:01:56 14 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Free DLC, would also be a Good idea.....
  • steve242526 7 Jul 2013 22:05:14 135 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Slightly off topic but just a quickie question. Been downloading a few of the ps+ games but a couple I deleted after playing them. I know they're in my download list and can redownload them if I fancy playing them again but is there a limit to how many times I can do it ?
  • X201 7 Jul 2013 22:05:57 15,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No limit.
  • steve242526 7 Jul 2013 22:19:56 135 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers for that :) Thought as much but I couldn't see anything where it says
  • mikeck 8 Jul 2013 14:56:22 1,936 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    I thought people were exaggerating about the PS3 updates/installs, but I switched it on last night to find that straight away it wanted to install Catherine (which had finished downloading the last time the console was on), without letting me do anything else. Took a good twenty minutes and the process couldn't be cancelled. I'd have thought the console would give you the option to install when you want to actually play the game, but nope.
    You're writing this in the PS Plus thread, and one of the main benefits of PS+ is having patches for your last ten played games automatically download in the background (as long as you've got the option turned on).

Also, unless you're playing the game you wouldn't have a patch have to download before getting to the XMB. Unless...you have game disc auto-play option switched on don't you. Therefore, you booted up the PS3, Catherine started immediately and that's why you saw a patch before anything else.

You can stop patches downloading at any time, you didn't have to sit and watch that patch install.

Edited by mikeck at 14:56:51 08-07-2013
  • Kay 8 Jul 2013 14:59:36 17,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No, this was when I downloaded Catherine for the very first time. I switched on the PS3 and the it wanted to install the full game straight away without letting me do anything else.

I always switch the console off at the mains, so it does all the updating + uploading stuff when I first switch it on each day.
  • Page

of 123 First / Last