Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 53

• Page

of 112 First / Last

• Rose-of-Sorrow 27 Feb 2013 20:28:20 500 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My PS+ 3 month subs auto-renewed at the offer price while the discounted 3 month offer was on. I was billed for £8- fortunately as I didn't realise it would auto-renew.
  • kentmonkey 27 Feb 2013 20:35:05 20,588 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Didn't for me or the poster about five up from me on the previous page.

Very odd.
  • GuiltySpark 27 Feb 2013 21:51:54 6,363 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Details Unit of Price

PlayStation®Plus: 90 Day Membership (Subscription)
    Next Renewal Date: 28/05/2013 @ 03:02 AM £11.99

I figure that £11.99 is the original price, right? I mean it'll only be about like 4 quid really, but even so.

Get bent.

• kentmonkey 27 Feb 2013 22:00:27 20,588 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah, that's showing your next renewal date and the next renewal amount, not the amount you paid.
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 28 Feb 2013 19:12:49 500 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @kentmonkey Yup. I was surprised I got the discounted price. Odd indeed.
  • Deleted user 28 February 2013 19:28:42
    Got the 30 day trial via EG and I got to say it's quite impressive. Spoilt for choice with the full games they offer. Bit shocked when I started downloading Infamous 2, 15 gigs! Still, lots to explore and look at. Could tempt me away from using the Xbox all the time.
  • Triggerhappytel 28 Feb 2013 20:27:56 2,695 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @IamBatman81
    It has been said many times, but just in case you missed it: if there are any games you want but don't have the time or allowance to download them right now, go through the motions as though you're going to claim and download it, but cancel as soon as it begins downloading. It will then remain in your purchase history and you can download and play it at any time in the future as long as you're still subscribed to Plus. Also, anything you download will be available again in the future if you ever re-subscribe. Anything you buy at a Plus discount is yours to keep, and I think any DLC given away via Plus is yours to keep thereafter.
  • Deleted user 28 February 2013 20:34:53
    @Triggerhappytel Cheers Mr Tel, very useful information.
  • dominalien 28 Feb 2013 20:40:33 6,848 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't think you even need to start downloading with the new store, you just need to check out and that's it.

PSN: DonOsito

• GuiltySpark 28 Feb 2013 20:42:30 6,363 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Ah, that's showing your next renewal date and the next renewal amount, not the amount you paid.
    Nah it wasn't, it was showing how much it funded my PS Wallet. Though I looked on the PS Store earlier, and 3 month was indeed 11.99. Perhaps the offer has literally just expired in the last few days and it was just shitty timing.

Get bent.

• Short-Round 28 Feb 2013 20:44:27 1,181 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, just need to confirm the purchase, then it'll ask if you want to download then or later.

And remember Batman, you'll need 30 gig to install Infamous 2 :/
  • dominalien 28 Feb 2013 21:04:37 6,848 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, those 500GB hard drives are looking mighty cheap right now, aren't they?

• Rodriguez 28 Feb 2013 21:15:52 1,092 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @dominalien

dominalien wrote:
    I don't think you even need to start downloading with the new store, you just need to check out and that's it.
    I think that might have been changed now dominalien. I noticed a few weeks ago that rather than giving me the option to 'Checkout' on free PS+ stuff to download later on, it just says 'Download' on the specific pages now.

Rather annoyingly it then goes straight to download stuff once you click on it, rather than when you feel like it. So you either have to faff about cancelling the download or alternatively, if HDD space is an issue, you're immediately told if you don't have enough space and it's put on your download list instead.

Unless I've completely missed an option to change back to the 'Checkout' system!?
  • X201 28 Feb 2013 21:18:29 15,268 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Rodriguez

I thought the same. It threw me straight to download.
    Will have to say no to the download and see if its in my download list anyway.
  • Rodriguez 28 Feb 2013 21:23:26 1,092 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    @Rodriguez

I thought the same. It threw me straight to download.
    Will have to say no to the download and see if its in my download list anyway.
    I can't work out whether that's a new way of doing things that Sony have implemented on the store or alternatively a recent problem with the new store they haven't yet spotted.

Either way it's annoying and not as user friendly as the old checkout system.
  • dominalien 28 Feb 2013 22:05:28 6,848 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it looks like PS+ instant collection games have "download" right on the store page. I'm not looking to buy anything right now, so I can't check what an actual purchase looks like.

In other news, is Darksiders II ridiculously cheap at the moment? As in something like 8 pounds cheap?

Edited by dominalien at 22:06:31 28-02-2013

• X201 28 Feb 2013 22:26:41 15,268 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PS+ stuff has Download as a button rather than Buy or Add to basket, the checkout part appears to be the strobing bars that appear after you press the download button.

When you get to the download screen you can press circle to cancel it and it will be in your downloaded items list.

Its a bit of a pain, it was easier to add them to the basket and checkout once.

Edited by X201 at 22:27:24 28-02-2013
  • crispyduckman 28 Feb 2013 23:27:04 1,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I use the website instead these days. That adds stuff to the downloads list without having to do the start and cancel thing. Also, a bit easier to navigate if you already know what you want.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• HiddenAway 1 Mar 2013 12:48:34 14,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    crispyduckman wrote:
    I use the website instead these days. That adds stuff to the downloads list without having to do the start and cancel thing. Also, a bit easier to navigate if you already know what you want.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/
    Direct link to the IGC

Hit the cart icon on each panel, click the basket at the top, checkout. Done :)

(EDIT: Make sure that the cost is £0.00 of course!)

EDIT 2: Oh, and apparently, the web store can be used on iOS browsers now :p

Edited by HiddenAway at 12:53:51 01-03-2013

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• dominalien 1 Mar 2013 22:19:54 6,848 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Indeed It can! I even checked on an old version of Safari from Leopard on PPC and it worked as well. I wonder if It works in Linux now, too; that's the system I spend most of my time in front of.

Edited by dominalien at 22:22:02 01-03-2013

• Triggerhappytel 1 Mar 2013 23:26:00 2,695 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Yeah, those 500GB hard drives are looking mighty cheap right now, aren't they?
    I've got 640GB, but there's only about 80GB of that remaining. I'll have to do some creative juggling soon I think, as I can't upgrade again. Got to admit though, it was more than worthwhile at £40 and despite rumours the PS3 doesn't like HDDs bigger than 500GB and faster than 5400rpm, I've never had any trouble at all.
  • Short-Round 2 Mar 2013 00:27:15 1,181 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't buy it, that our hard drives are actually filling this quickly. After only a few weeks of owning a 320GB slim, it was telling me I had used around 250GB, which didn't seem possible. I've had a 120GB 360 for about five years now, and am only now getting close to filling it with keepers (around 100 arcade games and dlc content).

Something screwy is going on with the way the PS3 manages space, or its cache or whatever. The fact you can't manage the hard drive (see a breakdown of what's on it, and where), like you can on 360, makes it even more annoying.
  • neosalad 2 Mar 2013 00:57:07 953 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Short-Round wrote:
    I don't buy it, that our hard drives are actually filling this quickly. After only a few weeks of owning a 320GB slim, it was telling me I had used around 250GB, which didn't seem possible. I've had a 120GB 360 for about five years now, and am only now getting close to filling it with keepers (around 100 arcade games and dlc content).

Something screwy is going on with the way the PS3 manages space, or its cache or whatever. The fact you can't manage the hard drive (see a breakdown of what's on it, and where), like you can on 360, makes it even more annoying.
    I noticed that too...
    Something to do with the ps3 file system I believe... And it has lots of little files it installs... Whereas the Xbox stores as big files (prob a bit like a zip/rar file)

Best thing I ever did for my 160gb ps3 is stick a 1tb drive in when I upgraded t
    A ps+ sub..... The 360 defo uses its HDD space far more efficiently....

Edited by neosalad at 00:58:12 02-03-2013
  • dominalien 2 Mar 2013 08:56:32 6,848 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Indeed It can! I even checked on an old version of Safari from Leopard on PPC and it worked as well. I wonder if It works in Linux now, too; that's the system I spend most of my time in front of.
    Yeah, it runs on FF in Linux, too. Just as well, it's really slow on my iPad.

• chub 2 Mar 2013 10:17:20 451 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Short-Round wrote:
    It's worth checking the Game Data Utility in the Game section. If you show the info for each thing, you can see how much space it's using for its cache. E.g. I can see that Ni no Kuni is using 3.8 GB and Gran Turismo 5 is using 9.8 GB, despite running both from disc.
  • millerlfc 2 Mar 2013 11:07:29 370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Yeah, it looks like PS+ instant collection games have "download" right on the store page. I'm not looking to buy anything right now, so I can't check what an actual purchase looks like.

In other news, is Darksiders II ridiculously cheap at the moment? As in something like 8 pounds cheap?
    Permanent price drops for Darksiders 1 and 2 as of last week.
  • BizarreK 8 Mar 2013 13:20:44 64 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So I was looking for a 1 year sub on Amazon UK and I saw that if you redeem the code from March 20th 2013 to 10 April you will get 3 months extra free. (click 90 day sub and you will see it)

Trying to find out if its only for the US as they has a similar offer. Cannot find out info from UK sites.
  • wizardofoz85 8 Mar 2013 13:50:03 313 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @neosalad I'm thinking the time has come to upgrade my 60gb hdd now I've got a PS+ subscription.

I was thinking I might as well jump to 1tb if there are any that work. Which one have people who have upgraded used, and have there been any issues with the size?
  • DanMW 8 Mar 2013 14:45:29 824 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I went for this one at the end of last year http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scorpio-5400RPM-Internal-Compatible-Playstation/dp/B005DVJJWQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1362753749&sr=8-4, no issues so far, when I installed it, it showed as having about 835GB of storage to use and now I looked last night to see how much I used already and says it has 931GB O_o and I already used half of it :o
  • wizardofoz85 8 Mar 2013 15:04:22 313 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That was one of the two I was looking at. I think I'll be taking the plunge and adding more space than I need, hopefully.
  • Page

of 112 First / Last