Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 6

• Page

of 105 First / Last

• Deleted user 17 June 2010 10:07:09
    HiddenAway wrote:
    byakuya83 wrote:
    this sounds interesting, there are 4 games available during january - you download all 4, 3 are crap but 1 is joe danger. as you paid for a 12 month subscription you keep joe danger and continue to play it january to december. in february 4 more games are available, once again you can pick/choose as you please and continue to play them whilst being a plus member.

this is how i see the service working.

what i don't understand though is, the free avatars and premium themes - do you get to keep these indefinitely or will they cease to work once your subscription ends?

finally, will you need to be constantly connected to psn to access your downloaded full games/demo/trial etc?

From my understanding of all the comments from the blog is that the avatars and dynamic themes are yours to keep regardless of whether you continue to be a member or not. The only things you would lose if you don't renew are PSN+ exclusive features and the free games you get each month. If you trial one of the games (with a 1 hour time out) and then purchase it after the trial, that is also yours to keep regardless of your membership status.

so does the trials of full games suggest that more full titles will be released on psn? or, does this simply mean there will be trials available of games released on blu-ray? i think until psn plus is available nothing is certain.
  • Everblue 17 Jun 2010 10:14:40 462 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Just something in addition to what we know already:

Special - EU Playstation Plus Blog Summary
    * Playstation Plus is available from 29th June 2010 in most EU regions (only Turkey and Russia miss out for now)

Having read that I though - at last they have added availablity of the PSN to my country (Malta)! So I switched on the PS3 and tried to login, only to be greeted with the usual 'PSN is not available to your country'.

Figures... Turkey and Russia arent even in the EU.

That sentence should read:

Playstation Plus is available from 29th June 2010 in most European countries that already have a Playstation Store
  • HiddenAway 17 Jun 2010 11:56:28 14,789 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Everblue wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Just something in addition to what we know already:

Special - EU Playstation Plus Blog Summary
    * Playstation Plus is available from 29th June 2010 in most EU regions (only Turkey and Russia miss out for now)

Having read that I though - at last they have added availablity of the PSN to my country (Malta)! So I switched on the PS3 and tried to login, only to be greeted with the usual 'PSN is not available to your country'.

Figures... Turkey and Russia arent even in the EU.

That sentence should read:

Playstation Plus is available from 29th June 2010 in most European countries that already have a Playstation Store

You're right. Sorry to get your hopes up. I missed that comment :-(

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Everblue 17 Jun 2010 12:00:05 462 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, its not your fault obviously :)

Its just I had high hopes that after all these times, I would be able to use a legit account. Of course I get around this via the UK Store + Instant PSN Codes from Shopto.

My fear is that at one point they implement an IP check (actually they already do, as video and music related stuff doesnt work and tell me that I'm outside UK).
  • Trinod 17 Jun 2010 12:02:11 13 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Listen up Sony, we want features not games...

...we can already buy games ourselves, heck we can even choose which ones without them being preselected for us. Furthermore me thinks any discounts on full games will probably be less than you can buy them online or second hand for anyway. Beta testing, so now we pay to help the publishers bug test their products and then pay again to buy...get real!

In conclusion it's all a bit parsnip
  • cianchristopher 17 Jun 2010 12:28:14 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They should have annouced that from now on: Home will be exclusive to PS Plus members only.

That'd get the sign-ups coming in thick and fast. I'd wager that anywhere from 25 to 40 million people would sign up by the end of the summer...
  • 10omarti 18 Jun 2010 21:51:29 227 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was just thinking about this, and it dawned on me that i pay 39.99 a year for xbox live which gives me the ability to play games online and get a weekly discount. Now on my ps3 i can already play online for free, and now for £39.99 i can get 48 free games a year (4 per month and i only own a few PSN games/PSOne classics and don't own any minis) as well as a bunch of premium/dynamic themes which are a couple of quid each and exclusive beta/trial and unlock access which is an absolutely fantastic deal. why on earth doesnt Live Gold have more features like this? I will definitely be signing up on the 29th as soon as is possible! who else will be?
  • RunningMan 18 Jun 2010 22:59:01 2,356 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll give a year, hopefully all PS3 games will have the hour demo, same me buying rubbish.
  • HiddenAway 24 Jun 2010 06:48:50 14,789 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Here's the games list for the first couple of months...

Month 1: June 29th – August 3rd
    Intro offer: LBP (standard edition)
    PSN PS3: Wipeout HD
    minis: Field Runners, Age of Zombies
    PSone: Destruction Derby
    Full Game Trial: Shatter, Savage Moon
    Discounts: LBP God of War Pack – 50%, LBP: LocoRoco costume pack – 50%, Gravity Crash – 20%, Fat Princess DLC – 20%

Premium Game Element: KillZone 2: Steel & Titanium DLC
    Push demo: ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain
    Dynamic Themes: LBP Theme, SCEE produced: PlayStation “Game Is Just The Start” Dynamic Theme
    2 x Fat Princess Premium Avatars

Month 2: August 4th – September 1st

PSN PS3: Zen Pinball
    minis: Blast-Off, Alien Zombie Death
    PSone: Medievil
    Full Game Trial: inFamous, Mushroom Wars
    Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defence Table – 20%, Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50%, Super Stardust HD – 20%, WipeOutHD Fury – 20%

Premium Game Elements: Motorstorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack
    Push Demo: Flower, Pixel Junk Shooter
    Themes: “SCEE produced: PlayStation Plus Dynamic Theme, Heavy Rain Crime Scene Theme
    2 x Heavy Rain Avatars (Bird and Butterfly)

• Scirvir 24 Jun 2010 07:10:35 253 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wow, two whole avatars free per month! Thanks Sony!

I already own both of the free PSN games and the discounts are crap. Sure as hell not seeing anything there which makes me want to subscribe.
  • KayJay 24 Jun 2010 07:44:13 5,287 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, so this is what I was worried about.
    I've got Wipeout.
    I will have to give it a few months before I sign up... :-(
  • kosigan 24 Jun 2010 09:32:39 438 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've already bought WipeoutHD (+Fury), LBP, Field Runners, Age Of Zombies (actually, free with FirstPlay), Shatter, Savage Moon, ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain, Zen Pinball, Blast-Off, Alien Zombie Death, WarHawk DLC, Super StarDust HD, Flower and PixelJunk Shooter. So... doesn't leave much. This isn't looking like a good deal for me at the moment. Perhaps later months may have something that interests me enough to consider subscribing, but not yet.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 24 Jun 2010 09:35:17 7,767 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    yeah. It's a shame you don't get any choice. I have lots of those games and the ones I don't have, I don't want. I think I'll let this mature a bit.
  • presh 24 Jun 2010 10:00:39 1,221 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OK, so some people already have these games, or don't want the ones on offer.

But it does seem that in terms of RRP, Sony are giving a lot for the £40 annual subscription here?

I'm actually pretty impressed.
  • Widge Moderator 24 Jun 2010 10:03:58 12,595 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For a new PS3 buyer, could be a bloody good deal.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Jazzy_Geoff 24 Jun 2010 10:30:54 7,767 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    presh wrote:
    OK, so some people already have these games, or don't want the ones on offer.

But it does seem that in terms of RRP, Sony are giving a lot for the £40 annual subscription here?

I'm actually pretty impressed.

I'm not sure that's necessarily the case. It's only worth £40 if you get £40 of stuff that you actually want. Personally, out of all the stuff announced for the first two months there is not one thing which I want but don't own. Stuff like medievil and zombie whatever I probably wouldn't even bother to download even if it was free.

So I'm certainly not going to get it for these two months and in the meantime will continue to purchase any new PSN games that interest me, which will make future months look less attractive and so on. For someone like me, an amount to spend on the store each month would be much more interesting, but I appreciate that there are probably very good commercial reasons why this is not being offered.

It certainly does seem like a good deal for those new to the system though.
  • Scirvir 24 Jun 2010 10:45:36 253 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    For a new PS3 buyer, could be a bloody good deal.
    I'm sure. It'd just be nice if they offered a little more for those of us who were stupid enough to buy a PS3 years ago. Even a selection of PSN games and you can only have one per month would be better.
  • Flying_Pig 24 Jun 2010 12:51:10 10,277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Interesting concept, but not enough for me to shell out £40 a year for TBH...
  • X201 24 Jun 2010 12:54:25 14,696 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm going to give it a whirl.
    I'm might try to keep a spreadsheet with everything I buy via it on, to see how much it saves me over a year.
  • Rauha 13 Jul 2010 09:55:41 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Around 2.1GB iirc.
  • sir_smooch 13 Jul 2010 10:15:50 30 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Does anyone know what happens with the dlc being offered for free? For example i know people are saying that the free games are only accessable while you have the sub. Does that mean if i got the Kz2 dlc free that would become unaccessable if the sub ends? Does anyone know?
  • Rauha 13 Jul 2010 10:21:17 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Find the DLC on your system (should in one of the save utilities) press triangle and select information, scroll down to expiration if it has 12/3 months its like the Free games being offered, if not then its yours to keep.
  • heavy_salad 13 Jul 2010 10:22:08 674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Think you keep dlc, themes, etc. Just the games that are tied to the sub.
  • KayJay 13 Jul 2010 10:33:23 5,287 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is some info here... Its quite a long post, but it wasnt that clear.
    Sony EU Blog

One thing I did find...
    "Access to some content, excluding discounted content, terminates at the end of the subscription period."

So it dosent actually talk about the Add On's or Game DLC. Might be worth browsing the blog a little more. Perhaps the comments section might hold more info.
  • Machetazo 13 Jul 2010 11:12:16 6,372 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    While I'm all for increased community involvement, it's difficult to shake the notion that this is symptomatic of a me-too misfire. I'm also not sure that an approach of them taking requests of what people would like, this time, is particularly encouraging. It leads me to ask why they don't already know, frankly. Although, the outcome is that a shortlist will be presented, for further reduction.
  • HiddenAway 16 Jul 2010 18:43:38 14,789 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kane & Lynch 2 demo for Playstation Plus subscribers

Those with Automatic Downloads turned on will get it on Monday. Anyone who doesn't can download it manually from Wednesday.

• Rauha 16 Jul 2010 18:45:41 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yay!
  • Ron_Justice 16 Jul 2010 19:13:32 2,275 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Quality

Steam/Origin - Ron_Justice
    PSN - hyper_808

• Page