Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 45

• Page

of 123 First / Last

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Dec 2012 17:15:25 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's working now. I opened up my PC and used the leads in there to hook up the HDD. I now know that coincidentally my hdd to usb adapter is also playing up. Although I'm now not sure if it would have read it...
    Anyways, reformatted it to NTFS and whacked it in the PS3. It took it, moved everything and is now downloading all the PS Plus goodies including Batman.

Now just got to wait for 18 hours for it all to download....
    GT5 did actually install to the flash O.K, and has now moved it over. So no probs with that.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• BAM! 5 Dec 2012 17:19:09 41 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @mikeck this happened to me with Cubixx. I think it's because you've previously downloaded the trial. You should be able to get it from your download list.
  • dominalien 5 Dec 2012 17:19:40 7,071 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mikeck wrote:
    @Stepharneo Ah, sorry to hear that, but I'm also glad it's not just me!

The file even says trial and unlock on the store, but it only downloads the 6KB unlock file, not the trial (which should be 93MB).
    It's still early, perhaps they haven't finished updating the store yet. Content has a way of appearing over time.

Edited by dominalien at 17:20:06 05-12-2012

PSN: DonOsito

• mikeck 5 Dec 2012 17:23:36 1,936 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BAM! Ah. That makes sense.

Now to trawl through my stupidly long download list ;)
  • BAM! 5 Dec 2012 17:32:34 41 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @mikeck I feel your pain. Having to go through the download list is a workaround at least, but really they should fix the problem of trials disappearing from the store.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 18:16:43
    Think yourself lucky, I've got a 60gb model with about four PSN games on it and only reports 5gb free.
  • HiddenAway 5 Dec 2012 18:19:20 15,000 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gansosleftpeg You need double the space. If you're on Playstation Plus (and I assume the 12GB's are upgradable), you're advised to grab a bigger HDD.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• crispyduckman 5 Dec 2012 18:44:22 1,889 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Try deleting game data for games you're no longer playing. Some games write absurd amounts to the HDD and it just sits there until you clean it out.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• HiddenAway 5 Dec 2012 19:05:47 15,000 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gansosleftpeg Indeed. It needs space for the download plus the install.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Stepharneo 5 Dec 2012 19:17:59 79 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @crispyduckman The thing I really hate is when demos do it, because deleting the demo doesn't erase it's game data. I think the crysis 2 demo had like 4gb of game data, so even getting rid of the demo itself I had a huge file taking up space.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Dec 2012 19:19:31 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's fucked again. Tried to install GT5 data (for quicker loading) and it's corrupt again. Seems like anything to with GT5 installs fucks the HDD up.
    Had downloaded LBP2 and was halfway thru downloading Infamous 2 as well...
    Here we go again...

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Dec 2012 19:24:36 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @HiddenAway So this is why I can't download anything with a 12gb PS3....good job I bought a 500gb HDD then...oh wait...

• DodgyPast 6 Dec 2012 02:45:58 8,551 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Upgrading from a 320gb to 1tb was a right pain in the are, but so worthwhile.
  • Mr-Brett 6 Dec 2012 14:55:55 12,897 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    crispyduckman wrote:
    Try deleting game data for games you're no longer playing. Some games write absurd amounts to the HDD and it just sits there until you clean it out.
    I did this last night, cleared about 20+ gigs of game data form games I either will never play again or don't even own anymore.

Sorry to hear about your HDD troubles DDB, I got a 60gig original many moons ago have have always been too afraid to try upgrading.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• spindle9988 6 Dec 2012 15:13:13 3,676 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is GT5 on ps plus? Forgot to start vanquish downloading this morning, was really looking forward to playing that when I got home
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 6 Dec 2012 15:41:21 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No, GT5 isn't on Plus. I bought it.
    It seems to be working again now. Although I'm worried if I start downloading and playing that I'll lose it all. Mind you, at least the game saves are stored online. So it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to take it back to flash memory.

Just downloading LBP2. ad a go on Killzone 2 this morning and loved it! Not too fussed about GT5. Uncharted is alright. Bit generic. Gonna plough through and get on to 2 and 3.

• King_Edward 6 Dec 2012 17:00:05 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tbf. Uncharted is only generic because every action game for the last 5 years has tried to emulate it. It's the Gears/Halo/GTA effect.
  • Mr-Brett 6 Dec 2012 17:05:51 12,897 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well the gameplay of Uncharted was always a bit generic, its the story, characters, performance, vistas and atmosphere that make the game stand out.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 6 Dec 2012 17:09:56 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I suppose I am late to the party, so it's hard to say what's influenced what, really. For me at least.

Why has LBP2 stopped downloading at 88%? It's just randomly skipped onto InFamous 2...

• Nemesis 6 Dec 2012 17:13:25 18,752 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    I suppose I am late to the party, so it's hard to say what's influenced what, really. For me at least.

Why has LBP2 stopped downloading at 88%? It's just randomly skipped onto InFamous 2...
    You can press triangle on each download to pause the ones you're not fussed about and it'll pick up the LBP2 download and resume. Bit odd though.

Edited by Nemesis at 17:13:59 06-12-2012
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 6 Dec 2012 18:24:12 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I know. That's the strange thing. I did that to make it resume. I paused them all, then resumed LBP2 and it just sits at 88%. If I then resume all, it switches it to pending and starts downloading the next in the queue (which in this case is InFamous 2).

• Sharzam 6 Dec 2012 19:00:55 3,377 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would go as far to say that Plus subscribers need a 500gb hard drive. I install new games almost every week and by the time iam filled up i would off forgotton/completed some.

Considering you can make it a 7200rpm drive while your at it you can (marginally) improve performance of those installs at the same time.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 6 Dec 2012 19:49:56 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I got a 7200 for that reason. Cost a little more but I'm hoping it's worth it.
    I've only been a Plus member for three days and reckon I'm at about 100gb already...

• Nemesis 6 Dec 2012 20:01:45 18,752 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Yeah I know. That's the strange thing. I did that to make it resume. I paused them all, then resumed LBP2 and it just sits at 88%. If I then resume all, it switches it to pending and starts downloading the next in the queue (which in this case is InFamous 2).
    I'd pause it and go back into the Store and re-download so it queues up another copy for you. I don't know what else to suggest, it's not a small download!
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 6 Dec 2012 20:55:38 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    I'd pause it and go back into the Store and re-download so it queues up another copy for you. I don't know what else to suggest, it's not a small download!
    I know! Got to leave it on all night for the rest anyways, so could try that.

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 10 Dec 2012 20:02:59 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well it's working now, had to get a new HDD. Did try it one more time but all downloads were stopping randomly at about 88%. The two that did download refused to install. The new HDD is fine. Downloaded and installed everything fine.

On a more related note:
    We're getting Bioshock 2 as part of the instant games collection after the update tomorrow.
    Never played that, therefore so far Plus has been worth every penny.

Thanks to @elvenscroll for the free 90 day code!!! Bought the 7.99 90 day Plus deal, and will be buying the full year when it expires.

• Page

of 123 First / Last