Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 44

• Page

of 122 First / Last

• Mr-Brett 5 Dec 2012 09:13:37 12,878 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PS Home is a wasteland of broken dreams. Much like Ravenholme we don't go there anymore :)

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Mr-Brett 5 Dec 2012 09:17:09 12,878 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @kentmonkey Oh right, yeah I think you can but it's still a long list, albeit it a more logical one. I was hoping for the ability to create folders or something, oh and the moon on a stick :)

@elhozzo From the T&C:
    Please note that current active PS Plus subscribers (either paying or on a trial) are not able to redeem this PS Plus 30 Day Trial offer.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• nickthegun 5 Dec 2012 09:18:03 61,039 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You aren’t missing anything, that about sums it up.

Wrt the ‘welcome to watching bars count up’ it’s a genuine disgrace that sony finally realised how much of a pain in the arse that is but have monetised the solution. Yes, its nice to be able to turn the console on without having a half hour update, but charging for the privilege is a bitch move.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• elhozzo 5 Dec 2012 09:41:16 332 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks Mr Brett. My T&C's come up in Italian (long story) so I missed that ...
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 09:59:56
    [I] Daddy-Doom-Bar: I've yet to see the graphical quality of an exclusive ps3 game yet, which is something i'm both looking forward to and dreading as if it doesn't live up to my expectations i fear i'll be disappointed. The dust beta doesn't count as it's an online fps.

I'd suggest picking a genre, and then select from Metal Gear Solid 4, Journey, Valkyria Chronicles, Infamous 2, Killzone 2 or 3, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Gran Turismo 5, Modnation Racers, LBP2, Little Riddle, Star Dust HD, Motor Storm 2 or 3, or Wipeout, or any of the Uncharted games if struggling for a game.
  • ComradePete 5 Dec 2012 10:33:16 492 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wipeout - one of the few 1080p games that runs at 60 fps, looks awesome on my tv.

But probably my fave would be Uncharted 2 for the best ps3 exclusive, still looks great but it's also an incredible game - in with a shout of being the best single player game of this generation.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Dec 2012 11:30:03 2,453 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @vizzini That's a good list. I've got Killzone 2, GT5 and Uncharted in the post (still no postman and it's half an hour past the time he's usually here) will be downloading LBP2 and Infamous 2 once my hdd arrives (again dependent on the postie today) thanks to Plus.

Randomly as I was writing this, the postie turned up with GT5, Uncharted and the hdd. Fucking aye.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• bunglebonce 5 Dec 2012 11:51:54 2,228 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was holding out for Arkham City to be released today for PS+. I'm guessing the 5th was just a US thing and we'll have to wait longer? The 'Coming Soon' window in the store is taunting me!

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• RyanDS 5 Dec 2012 11:53:32 9,724 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Store updates late afternoon.
  • bunglebonce 5 Dec 2012 11:59:56 2,228 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Woo!

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Dec 2012 12:00:04 2,453 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I thought it was available from the 7th anyway...

• bunglebonce 5 Dec 2012 12:08:29 2,228 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got it from a google on the PS blog.

• Deleted user 5 December 2012 12:44:10
    tempted to get the 7.99 offer on the store. i normally don't like subcriptions but i can't really see how i'm get chafted here.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Dec 2012 13:02:18 2,453 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My ps3 is fucked. Put the hdd in, it asked if i wanted to move everything from the flash to the hdd. Which i did. All was good. Put GT5 in, it wanted to install. Fine, i let it. Halfway through i get an error. So i try again. Same error and now two corrupted partitions on the hdd. I try to delete the corrupted data and get another error code. I restart the ps3, it says its corrupted and will restore it. Goes to 1% and stays there for a couple of minutes, then the screen goes blank. The ps3 is still on but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
    Am i pissed off? Yes i fuckin am. GT5 was new still sealed.
    WTF?

• Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 13:07:58 10,382 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have you held the power button down to bring up the tools on startup?
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Dec 2012 13:16:20 2,453 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not yet. Just took the hdd out, returned everything back to flash and its alright now. Plugged the hdd back in and when it asked if i wanted to move everything to the hdd i said no. Just installing GT5 now....it's at 6%...
    If this fails i will use the tools. Is there a reformat utility on there?
    Good that Uncharted doesn't need an install.

Anyway, this is a Plus thread, not a 'help my ps3 is fucked' thread... sorry to derail it a little.

Edited by Daddy-Doom-Bar at 13:17:20 05-12-2012

Edited by Daddy-Doom-Bar at 13:26:56 05-12-2012

• Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 13:25:58 10,382 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Not yet. Just took the hdd out, returned everything back to flash and its alright now. Plugged the hdd back in and when it asked if i wanted to move everything to the hdd i said no. Just installing GT5 now....it's at 6%...
    If this fails i will use the tools. Is there a reformat utility on there?
    Good that Uncharted doesn't need an install.
    If it does it again, I find that menu works whereas the OS one just seems to be a tad lame. Had to fix a friends once for the same reason. Yes, there's a format :)
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 14:16:56
    @Daddy-Doom-Bar

If the system goes wrong again, and you have the a usb caddy at your disposal. I'd advise removing the HDD and attaching it to a PC.

If you are familiar with linux. Boot from a live CD and write to every single byte of (the first 100GB of) the drive, so it is well exercised (with a command as follows)

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=1M count=100000

Or just get windows to do a thorough NTFS format on it, to get a cursory test of the drive, before trying again.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Dec 2012 15:04:05 2,453 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Balls to it. Tried plugging the HDD into my pc and it's just not reading it all all. Must have been damaged in transit. I've messaged them to sya I wanna refund/replacement. Looks like I'm stuck without an HDD for a few days.
    Thanks for the help anyway!

• Deleted user 5 December 2012 15:24:01
    @Daddy-Doom-Bar

Is the drive being seen in the computer management -. Disk Management panel?

Obviously the drive is currently formatted with the PS3 interal file system, so Windows can't read that(like a fat32 usb stick), but it should see the HDD device in the computer management panel, to allow you to format it.
  • HiddenAway 5 Dec 2012 15:28:18 14,962 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just as a warning, you're advised NOT to buy the Arkham City DLC until next week - as there will (apparrently) be discounts.

Edited by HiddenAway at 15:28:48 05-12-2012

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Dec 2012 15:37:46 2,453 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @vizzini No, nothing. It can't see it at all. Might try it again in the PS3 and do the power button thing again, as last time the stuff was installed to the hdd, whereas now it's back on the flash.

• Deleted user 5 December 2012 15:42:09
    @HiddenAway

How big a discount apparently? Are we talking free, with the game, as part of the instant games collection?
  • Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 15:44:21 10,382 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The catwoman dlc appeared in my basket automatically, for free, when I added AC just a few minutes back.
  • Short-Round 5 Dec 2012 15:55:37 1,181 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Daddy-Doom-Bar

If you're out of luck with the hd for now, you can still grab all the bargains without downloading them just yet - just confirm the purchases and you can grab them later when you have space for them.
  • HiddenAway 5 Dec 2012 16:00:36 14,962 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @vizzini Don't know sadly. I'm just told there will be discounts (this isn't a scoop by the way - it's on the EU Playstation Blog under the comments) :p

That said, yes, the Catwoman bundle is free with the PSN+ download.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• mikeck 5 Dec 2012 16:33:20 1,936 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They never make it easy do they good old SCEE.

So Limbo full game unlock is there, but the trial (which you need to download to activate the bloody unlock) is nowhere to be found.

Sigh.
  • Stepharneo 5 Dec 2012 16:49:48 79 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mikeck Was just about to post this exact frustration. I was worried it was just me.
  • mikeck 5 Dec 2012 16:58:20 1,936 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Stepharneo Ah, sorry to hear that, but I'm also glad it's not just me!

The file even says trial and unlock on the store, but it only downloads the 6KB unlock file, not the trial (which should be 93MB).
  • Stepharneo 5 Dec 2012 17:13:30 79 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On a plus note, I was looking at the ps+ vita section on my ps3 and there was the little "purchased" symbol next to rayman origins, at first I thought, "oh I suppose that's the demo", but for some reason I have apparently purchased the full game.

I definitely haven't bought it and after attempting to download it it doesn't appear in my download list on the store, but the full game is downloading in the download management section of the xmb. Could just be another blunder and it's the demo under the guise of the full game, or I've just got rayman for vita for free.
  • Page

of 122 First / Last