Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 41

• Page

of 110 First / Last

• Triggerhappytel 16 Nov 2012 23:41:13 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Fourwisemen

If you download a free game as part of your subscription then it's yours forever whilst you're still subscribed. If you let it lapse and then re-subscribe at a later date you get access to all previous content again. Anything bought at a Plus discounted price is yours without caveat.

Um, I think that covers the basics.
  • MatMan562 17 Nov 2012 00:36:36 2,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just seen this from this FAQ.

Q: If I have a PS3, but don’t have a PS Vita yet, can I download the PS Vita IGC content to my PS3, and then play it later when I get my PS Vita?
    A: Yes. As long as you’re a Plus member, you’ll be able to access downloaded PS Vita content on your PS3 when you get a PS Vita. Make sure you select “Download” from the PlayStation Store, and it will also be available to you to download in the future if you’re concerned about HDD space on your PS3.
    This is great news for myself and hopefully the future of the Vita. I already want a Vita and i'm sure having some Vita games will not help my willpower from waiting for a price-drop/ more games to get one.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Triggerhappytel 17 Nov 2012 00:43:26 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I don't have a Vita - may never get one - but even so I was still tempted to pick up Wipeout 2048 at its current reduced price! I think it was something crazy like £6 when I looked earlier tonight.
  • Fourwisemen 17 Nov 2012 00:53:49 154 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    @Fourwisemen

If you download a free game as part of your subscription then it's yours forever whilst you're still subscribed. If you let it lapse and then re-subscribe at a later date you get access to all previous content again. Anything bought at a Plus discounted price is yours without caveat.

Um, I think that covers the basics.
    And that is an example of why, in my Eurogamer survey, the EG community received high marks.

Cheers fella.

PS How shite are the IGN lot?
  • Fourwisemen 17 Nov 2012 00:55:03 154 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    @Fourwisemen

Once you "buy" the "free" game, it's yours for as long as you subscribe. Once your subscription expires, the games expire (or in some cases return to trials). If you re-subscribe, you get access to the games again.

Games go through rotas. Once the rota is complete, the games are replaced with another one. If you didn't download or "buy" the free game before the rota is over, you can't download that game for free unless it comes round again (you can still buy it but likely at full price).

Games you buy at a discount are yours regardless of whether you're a subscriber or not.

Hope that answers your question.
    And that one too..
  • Triggerhappytel 17 Nov 2012 01:01:29 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, you don't have to actually download the game to keep it henceforth. Add it you your basket and check out, but don't actually start the download and you can access it any time in the future from your download list even if its period as a freebie has ended. It's a good tip if you're short on HDD space. Meanwhile, I've only got about 100GB of my 640GB HDD left, so am having to plan on either juggling content around or getting a bigger drive. Probably have to be the former.
  • Flying_Pig 17 Nov 2012 08:23:00 10,674 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    Yeah, I don't have a Vita - may never get one - but even so I was still tempted to pick up Wipeout 2048 at its current reduced price! I think it was something crazy like £6 when I looked earlier tonight.
    I spotted that, but it's not actually WipEout 2048 - it's HD/Fury for PS3 - they've just used the wrong picture
  • JDub 17 Nov 2012 11:16:30 1,290 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trying to take advantage of the Bioshock offer, but keep getting 'An error has occurred' upon adding to basket. Any attempt to download a demo results in the same. All Internet to the PS3 appears to work fine.

Is it me or is the store giving everyone trouble at the moment?
  • ElNino9 17 Nov 2012 12:12:46 13,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The new store is absolute wank.

Horrible to navigate.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• danathjo 17 Nov 2012 12:18:30 7,215 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, what a waste of time and resources. Took me this long to even find the Access videos (which I quite like) as videos don't come under 'new' anymore.
  • ElNino9 17 Nov 2012 12:33:38 13,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it used to have a latest section which showed all the content added that week.

Now it's anybodies guess - absolute cluster fuck.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Triggerhappytel 17 Nov 2012 17:59:34 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I share all the negative comments about the new store; it's bloody awful. There needs to be a section with new content solely, but instead they've divided it all up and it's bollocks having to look at it all separately. I too like the Access videos but I've not seen one since the store updated, aside from looking them up myself. I also hate the emphasis placed on advertised games when actually choosing what I want to buy from all new content is such hard fucking work.
  • bladdard 17 Nov 2012 19:42:11 899 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I go along with slagging off the new store, it takes about 10 clicks and navigates about 5 different screens slowly to download a free PS+ game and half the time it errors and you have to go through the whole bullshit again.

Come on Sony I know e-commerce isn't your strong point but you can do a lot better than this pile of crap in fact the old PSN was a lot better.

Why do Sony always take 1 step forward and 5 back?

Edited by bladdard at 19:43:29 17-11-2012
  • Widge Moderator 18 Nov 2012 20:12:39 13,243 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh! I much preferred the new store and the search function is way better!!

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• irrelevanthuman 21 Nov 2012 09:12:45 313 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just to chime in and vent, new store is a large pile of steaming wank.
  • millerlfc 24 Nov 2012 12:50:56 368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Question - if I purchase and download a free game, but then later delete it can I re-download again for free in the future?
  • HiddenAway 24 Nov 2012 12:52:56 14,852 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @millerlfc As long as you're still a subscriber, yes.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• jonsaan 24 Nov 2012 12:57:41 25,326 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    and to be clear. If you stop subscribing. Then subscribe again later, you will then have access to it again.

FCUTA!

• nickthegun 24 Nov 2012 12:57:54 58,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The new store is great for one thing: You can now add things to your basket and check them all out at once, which means harvesting all the ps+ content is no longer a massive pain in the chuff.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kingcrowbar 24 Nov 2012 13:29:31 911 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You could always add everything to the basket and then checkout.
  • heavy_salad 24 Nov 2012 14:43:36 715 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kingcrowbar wrote:
    You could always add everything to the basket and then checkout.
    This.

There's nothing good about the new store IMO. It's a fucking shambles.
  • Kangoo 26 Nov 2012 13:20:33 1,015 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If anyone wants a 30 day trial code, I got a code with Hitman that I won't be using.

1st request gets it.

PSN: Adwab2

• reddevil93 26 Nov 2012 13:22:14 11,373 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes please

• Kangoo 26 Nov 2012 13:33:08 1,015 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @reddevil93

PM sent with the code even though it pained me as a Liverpool fan ;)

• Zomoniac 26 Nov 2012 14:31:40 7,785 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm sure I read something at some point in recent weeks/months about Uncharted 1 & 2 coming to Plus but now can't find anything about it. Has that been announced at all or did I dream it?
  • Kangoo 26 Nov 2012 14:34:37 1,015 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Zomoniac

Most people guessed that one of the games would be the December game of the month from the clues that were given, should be announced sometime over the next week or so.

• Flying_Pig 26 Nov 2012 14:54:36 10,674 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Zomoniac - nothing more than rumour and speculation at this stage, but the Blog has promised us a AAA action title for December, so it's a fair bet it'll be one or both of 'em

My guess would be for Uncharted 2.
  • ComradePete 26 Nov 2012 22:50:20 474 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nicked form the bargains thread..

ExcellentBenji wrote:
    Got my subscriber copy of Empire magazine today, and in it was an advert for PS+. It featured thumbnails of all the games currently available, plus:

Vanquish and Limbo!

So, if you're thinking of buying either of these, maybe wait until we see if these come up as next month's PS+ games. :-)
  • Sharzam 26 Nov 2012 23:00:31 2,679 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What are peoples thoughts on music unlimited?

It is frankly silly money and could replace spotify. I have both a ps3 and vita which might be handy. However not sure can replace spotify on my desktop thourgh as only a browser client, and the Android app isnt exactly slick.

Edited by Sharzam at 23:13:44 26-11-2012

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Rose-of-Sorrow 26 Nov 2012 23:42:01 490 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Sharzam I love it. I got the £12 subscription offer and have been using it on my mac, PS3 and Vita. I can't fault it.
  • Page

of 110 First / Last