New Judge Dredd movie - in 3D! Page 3

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• Gearskin 20 Nov 2010 10:56:32 2,045 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The helmet does look kinda big but I can't wait to see him in action! They are supposed to be shooting for something pretty hard hitting and gritty. The outfit looks fit for purpose; I can totally imagine him fuckin' up perps in that.
  • Flightrisker 20 Nov 2010 11:04:41 18,096 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Helmet's too small.
  • Gambit1977 20 Nov 2010 11:19:16 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Helmet looks huge, but I think that's more his head is too small! Doesn't much look like a lawgiver, wheres the cool dial thing?

/hasn't read Dredd since about 88
  • Whizzo 20 Nov 2010 11:26:41 43,033 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Lawgiver got changed around the time of the Stallone movie to something a bit less seventies, the gun in the new film isn't the same as the Lawgiver Mk 2 though.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 20 November 2010 11:32:37
    obligatory
  • Whizzo 20 Nov 2010 13:41:07 43,033 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Interesting post on Custom Creation's Facebook page (they're the guys doing the Judge Minty props/costumes).
    Custom Creations Now the DREDD movie uniform pictures are out we can finally reveal that in October 2009 we met with DNA films and discussed the Minty uniform with them, later supplying them with pictures of the beaten up Minty Sign helmet, and lending them the Greg Staples hero helmet for reference earlier this year, just before the announcement of the Karl Urban casting.
    Phew. Been wanting to say that for over a year!!!!!

• iokthemonkey 20 Nov 2010 14:24:01 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jmek wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Jmek wrote:
    The helmet looks fucking HUGE! Where's the shoulder pad? Where's the Eagle?

It will be on his other shoulder where it always is?

You could be right, though it doesn't look as though it's there in the photo. Or maybe it's the angle. Anyway I really, really , really want this movie to be good. I've been a Dredd fan since prog one of 2000ad. Although I wish they had just ogne with a straight up adaptation of the Cursed Earth.

Dredd didn't appear until Prog 2. :)

As for the image, it looks good except - or is it just me - he looks stubbly? Dredd had a peeve about facial hair, didn't he?

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• Whizzo 20 Nov 2010 15:55:26 43,033 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's from rehearsals, rather than actual filming so maintaining facial hair discipline, /has flashbacks to Generation Kill, wouldn't apply.

It also means the uniform could well be subject to change.

• Gearskin 20 Nov 2010 17:14:40 2,045 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Isn't it due to be shooting... like now? I can't imagine it would change this late in the game?
  • beastmaster 20 Nov 2010 17:30:09 11,167 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They've been shooting for a few months now. I think they started in late May or early June. How they leak the images is another thing though. It certainly doesn't look like a 'film quality' image. They do loads of costume tests before they start shooting.

Wonder how Anderson looks.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Jmek 20 Nov 2010 17:52:30 1,309 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    iokthemonkey wrote:
    Jmek wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Jmek wrote:

You could be right, though it doesn't look as though it's there in the photo. Or maybe it's the angle. Anyway I really, really , really want this movie to be good. I've been a Dredd fan since prog one of 2000ad. Although I wish they had just ogne with a straight up adaptation of the Cursed Earth.

As for the image, it looks good except - or is it just me - he looks stubbly? Dredd had a peeve about facial hair, didn't he?

You are quite right. I was just trying to illustrate how long I'd been a Dredd / 2000ad fan. I think you're right about the facial hair too, especially mustaches.
  • iokthemonkey 20 Nov 2010 17:54:19 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jmek wrote:
    iokthemonkey wrote:
    Jmek wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Jmek wrote:

You are quite right. I was just trying to illustrate how long I'd been a Dredd / 2000ad fan. I think you're right about the facial hair too, especially mustaches.

I know - I was just being a smart-arse. :D

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• barchetta 22 Nov 2010 00:30:32 1,315 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As much as I loved the 'Bolland' and 'Ron Smith' Dredds, the image reminds me of the original Ezquerra look iirc the pads etc weren't quite so grand as some of those that followed.
  • Jmek 22 Nov 2010 17:53:52 1,309 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Now this is how Dredd Should look: forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=12216586
  • Deckard1 22 Nov 2010 18:13:03 27,143 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That really does look much better. And here's a proper link as its a pain in the arse copy and pasting from these forums.
  • Jmek 22 Nov 2010 19:38:39 1,309 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    That really does look much better. And here's a proper link as its a pain in the arse copy and pasting from these forums.

Cheers Deck, I've never got the hang of this link thing.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:54:52
    Post deleted
  • beastmaster 12 Jan 2011 14:38:02 11,167 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/judge-dredd-remake-villain-could-be-lena-headey

• DFawkes 12 Jan 2011 14:48:01 22,590 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Please, please someone think of the children/App users! Links aren't hard, use them and you help me out, and as a result I'll stop rage-orphan-stabbing.

Thank you kindly.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• mcmonkeyplc 12 Jan 2011 14:57:23 39,384 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just like to point out this is division of the company I work for making this.

Therefore it's bound to be shit.

:)

Come and get it cumslingers!

• beastmaster 12 Jan 2011 15:05:55 11,167 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Please, please someone think of the children/App users! Links aren't hard, use them and you help me out, and as a result I'll stop rage-orphan-stabbing.

Thank you kindly.

:D

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles actress Lena Headey has reportedly been cast as the villainess in the new Judge Dredd movie.

Fansite Judge Dredd Movie News have announced that Headey has been cast as Madeline Madrigal aka Ma-Ma, the leader of a gang who have taken over the Peach Tree City Block.

Which will come as a surprise for anybody who’s seen the script, which describes the character as in her late 50s with “a big scar through her cheek and lip”.

Though Headey’s clearly younger than that, she could rock the scar look in her sleep. This is the woman who played Sarah Connor after all.

A more faithful version of the original 2000AD comic than Sly Stallone’s film, this new 3D Dredd stars Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby, and is being directed by Pete Travis with a script by Alex Garland.

• DFawkes 12 Jan 2011 15:16:23 22,590 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Interesting. I quite like Lena Headey too, that could work out quite well.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Pac-man-ate-my-wife 12 Jan 2011 15:59:57 7,003 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:

Thank you kindly.

I use the 'quote post, cut'n'paste link' trick.

Bit fiddly but it works.
  • Scimarad 12 Jan 2011 16:08:43 8,530 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    She was great in TSCC but I'm not overflowing with enthusiasm for this particular film...
  • Gearskin 12 Jan 2011 20:09:10 2,045 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lena Headey is really fit. Karl Urban won't be able to beat her for this reason!
  • CosmicFuzz 12 Jan 2011 20:45:11 23,187 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:

Thank you kindly.

I use the 'quote post, cut'n'paste link' trick.

Bit fiddly but it works.

You can copy the link straight from the app, just highlight it. You don't need to go into the quote bit at all.

Still a bit annoying having to leave the app, mind.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• CosmicFuzz 12 Jan 2011 20:46:14 23,187 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Olive Thirlby, that her from Tron?

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Gearskin 12 Jan 2011 21:03:43 2,045 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Olivia Wilde?
  • beastmaster 24 Jan 2011 13:37:54 11,167 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    First set shot of the Lawmaster from the movie. It just looks dredd-ful

• Page

of 17 First / Last