New Judge Dredd movie - in 3D! Page 17

• Page

of 17 First / Last

Next
  • DaM 6 Oct 2013 10:17:45 13,141 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Was the soundtrack good? I know the bloke that did it, friend of my wife!

Where's that Tenuous Celebrity Links thread....
  • disusedgenius 6 Oct 2013 10:34:33 5,315 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, the soundtrack was awesome. It was one of those films that actually earnt it's thumping credit song, if you know what I mean.
  • localnotail 6 Oct 2013 10:37:44 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was all good, but I would've loved more story. Just felt like an glimpse into a world I wanted more of.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• wobbly_Bob 6 Oct 2013 10:44:27 1,747 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I also hope it gets a sequel because I loved the movie. Speaking as a reader and fan of Dredd for many years the movie got it so right. Please, please let be a sequel! It's a shame, I I'm sure that the original travesty soured this new version's chances. I have read so many comments from people thinking this is a reboot of the Stalone movie.

I personally was really disappointed by the 3D in Dredd. I had to keep lifting my glasses to check yes it's playing in 3D. It's the second worst 3D movie I own.

Great movie though. Give me more Dredd!
  • Kostabi 6 Oct 2013 10:51:01 4,925 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Memories of Stallone and the idiotic push for 3D only in a lot of places pretty much killed the movie before it even came out, sadly.

Also the soundtrack is the only one I've ever left a cinema and immediately bought afterwards.
  • disusedgenius 6 Oct 2013 11:19:28 5,315 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    I personally was really disappointed by the 3D in Dredd. I had to keep lifting my glasses to check yes it's playing in 3D. It's the second worst 3D movie I own.
    Is this the home version you're talking about? Because at the cinema this is probably the best 3D in a film I've seen to date.
  • Maturin 6 Oct 2013 11:20:14 2,994 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looked great on my 3D TV at home.
  • El_MUERkO 6 Oct 2013 12:22:03 17,020 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looked amazing on mine too!
  • wobbly_Bob 6 Oct 2013 12:35:58 1,747 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @disusedgenius

Yeah the home version. Seen some amazing 3D in movies such as the recent into the darkness and avengers being standouts but really disappointed with that one.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 12:36:40 06-10-2013
  • sunjumper 6 Oct 2013 13:02:24 3,197 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    @disusedgenius

Yeah the home version. Seen some amazing 3D in movies such as the recent into the darkness and avengers being standouts but really disappointed with that one.
    Really?
    I watched both Avengers and Dredd in 3D on my TV and for me the expirience was exactly the other way round. Avengers was shot like a 2D film with added 3D on top of it, while Dredd actually used it to great effect. (I especially liked the closeups and the slowmotion parts, where I felt the effect was the strongest)

Hmmm... maybe it is a subjective expirience.
  • CharlieStCloud 6 Oct 2013 13:32:10 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    I am not a fan of 3D ... never have been.

Yet along with Avatar, Coraline and Hugo, DREDD in 3D at the cinema was absolutely blooming marvellous. I always dread walking into seeing a 3D film at the cinema, for very good reasons however, this film simply blew me away.

As someone mentioned above, the close up shots were so good that it actually added to the experience even more. Those drug fuelled hallucination-ish moments were so, so very good!

The scene where Judge blew the door open to the drug den where you see the ripples of clothes and skin whilst getting shot in slow motion is a genuine highlight in all things I have witnessed in 3D.

... on the other hand, I thought The Avengers was exceedingly average in 3D, both on a 'normal' screen and an IMAX on. A super-duper great film though.

Oh well.
  • Triggerhappytel 15 Nov 2013 21:57:35 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just finished watching this, picked it up from Amazon on BD for 6 last week. Seemed too good a price to pass up, and I used to enjoy the Dredd comics back in the 90s. It was fucking awesome, they absolutely nailed the look, feel and grit of the universe. The cast was perfect, the violence was very extreme but totally fitting, the action was great and it was really well filmed, and the soundtrack was flipping perfect. I love the grungy, heavy bass thumping synth style. Seriously awesome stuff, I'm gonna go see how much it costs in a minute. In part I wish I'd gone to the cinema to see this in 3D; seems like it would suit the 3D style without feeling forced.
  • localnotail 5 Dec 2013 15:57:53 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• ecureuil 17 Jul 2014 22:00:23 76,803 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really disappointed to find that the blu ray for this is region locked. I'm so used to films NOT being region locked anymore that I went ahead and bought this without even checking, it was only 6 so I won't bother returning it but I'm still disappointed. Was really looking forward to seeing it in 3D.
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Jul 2014 22:31:33 24,296 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah that sucks. Damn region locking, why do they even bother. It looks great in 3D too.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• ecureuil 17 Jul 2014 22:39:04 76,803 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I'd heard it was one of the best. Many of the comments in this thread say so too. I have a UK PS4 but the damn thing doesn't play 3D blu rays for some reason. Can't afford another player right now.

Edited by ecureuil at 22:39:27 17-07-2014
  • anephric 18 Jul 2014 10:09:15 203 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If a film is distributed by different companies in different regions (in this case EiV, Lionsgate et al) it makes sense to check, since their licensing agreements probably require them to region lock.

Have you got a US bluray player or something? The US blu is better than the UK one anyhoo.

Edited by anephric at 10:11:36 18-07-2014
  • CosmicFuzz 18 Jul 2014 10:15:10 24,296 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I also don't understand why the PS4 doesn't play 3D blu rays, it's crazy. That should have been day one. My US PS3 has broken (launch model, so lasted well!) and I've got a US PS4, but I was hoping not to have to worry anymore about potentially buying a film that doesn't work.

Down with region locking!

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• ecureuil 18 Jul 2014 13:00:29 76,803 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    anephric wrote:
    If a film is distributed by different companies in different regions (in this case EiV, Lionsgate et al) it makes sense to check, since their licensing agreements probably require them to region lock.

Have you got a US bluray player or something? The US blu is better than the UK one anyhoo.
    Yeah, still using my American PS3 for blu ray movies. I got a nice new telly recently so a dedicated player is definitely on the list, but as I just dropped 1500 on the TV and audio I'm gonna give it a few months.
  • Page

of 17 First / Last

Next