The hate for iTunes thread. Page 4

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• oceanmotion 10 May 2010 21:31:28 16,126 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    What do you mean, you have to mess with the names?

Just the tags, having to change the artist feat whatever to just the album artist to make it show properly in iTunes for example and other little changes. I was a bit OCD as well when it came to tagging music the correct way and I can assure you, it was correct. Anyway, doesn't matter, seems to be working now after the headaches.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2010 21:32:39
    Like this?
  • oceanmotion 10 May 2010 21:32:55 16,126 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    I want it ordered in the right order - the books are numbered 1-10 and I simply can't make itunes put it in the right bloody way.

Try Tag Scanner. Works a treat for fixing stuff like that.
  • JuanKerr 10 May 2010 21:33:25 36,445 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The what now?
  • Kosmoz 10 May 2010 21:34:59 7,768 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Juan, if it is in the music section of itunes, then make sure they all have the same disc number and this should keep them in the order of 1 to 10. so make them all disc 1 of 1 and it should fix.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• oceanmotion 10 May 2010 21:35:54 16,126 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    The what now?

http://www.xdlab.ru/en/

This.
  • JuanKerr 10 May 2010 21:41:52 36,445 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers. Looks like a lot of faffing mind.
  • phoopipe 10 May 2010 22:04:09 1,434 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Untill the fucking thing can tell me how many times I have listened to a track then i'm inclined to agree it's a piece of shit,ain't rocket science is it ?
  • mrpon 10 May 2010 22:05:29 29,567 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    June, Joan or whatever you're fucking called, do you know what you're doing?! ;)

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 10 May 2010 22:14:38
    I do not like iTunes.
  • Gurgy 10 May 2010 22:19:13 2,639 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    iTunes is currently driving me mad. When I sync my iPhone it now takes so long "backing up" my phone that I can't realistically sync it anymore. Eg one attempt got to approx 50% through backup in 16 hours.

I've reset and wiped my phone - made no difference.
    I've reinstalled iTunes - made no difference.
    I've wiped and upgraded to win 7 64bit - made no difference.
    I've tried the "fix" of disabling logs being sent to Apple - made no difference.
  • BartonFink 10 May 2010 22:32:38 35,126 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    BartonFink wrote:Fuck me transferring your music to another PC or iPod is a complete pain in the balls too.

Other than that it's fucking aces!!!
    Errr, why?
    Have you ever tried it? iPod - PC is fucking impossible without buying something like CopyTrans. And lets not get started on the iTunes default synch settings.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2010 22:35:55
    ReGuRgIt8oR wrote:
    iTunes is currently driving me mad. When I sync my iPhone it now takes so long "backing up" my phone that I can't realistically sync it anymore. Eg one attempt got to approx 50% through backup in 16 hours.

I've reset and wiped my phone - made no difference.
    I've reinstalled iTunes - made no difference.
    I've wiped and upgraded to win 7 64bit - made no difference.
    I've tried the "fix" of disabling logs being sent to Apple - made no difference.
    Turn off backup
  • phoopipe 10 May 2010 22:37:33 1,434 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why can i not sync my iPod with only new music that's been added to iTunes ?
    My laptop is lacking in harddrive space so I delete the music almost straight away and as far as i can gather syncing will remove the albums from the iPod.
    If anyone can inform me of a way around this then please do tell as it would sort my playcount problems out i suspect.
  • Gurgy 10 May 2010 22:45:48 2,639 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Turn off backup

Well yes but I would like to have a backup for when the inevitable happens.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2010 22:56:14
    ReGuRgIt8oR wrote:
    Turn off backup

Well yes but I would like to have a backup for when the inevitable happens.
    I mean, turn it off, then sync, turn it back on and try again.
  • ElectricDemon 11 May 2010 01:42:44 2,417 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ok, so I updated Spotify earlier, which appears to have linked to my iTunes. All well and fine. However, Spotify also seems to have taken it upon itself to completely fuck with all my tags. As someone with over 7000 tracks, this is a MAJOR pain in the arse.

I'm currently going through it manually to work out all the changes (which is mostly every fucking track has had something altered), but does anyone know if there's a way to automatically return to old tag settings? Some sort of old library file I could use or something, or am I totally fucked and need to go through it all manually?
  • Articulate-Troll 11 May 2010 05:01:13 3,101 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I use iTunes because it's the only software that I'm aware of that lets me sync all all the different file types (such as apps) with my iPod Touch. Most of the time it's fine, and I like the clean interface, but there's also a lot that irritates me about me it.

It's a resource hog and it can get quite laggy, especially in the iTunes store.

Not having a two-way sync is annoying. I hate having to rebuild all my playlists every time I get a new PC or reinstall the OS.

Apple don't just update their software; they make you download and reinstall the whole thing, seemingly every few weeks. It's not such a problem now that I have a decent connection, but it's still a hassle. I also don't like them assuming I want every piece of Apple software installed on my computer. If it was a smaller company trying the same thing I'd assume it was a piece of malware.
  • Widge Moderator 11 May 2010 12:24:47 13,743 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    iTunes is a horrific piece of software. If I want to put music on a device I am quite used to the concept of a folder tree structure and may be able to place the files with the minimum of fuss. Using iTunes was like making a cup of tea by hiring a team of monkeys to build a tea making robot out of bamboo and mud, which I then have to painstakingly program with correct tea making parameters, where all I want to do is grab kettle, make tea.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 11 May 2010 12:47:04
    ElectricDemon wrote:
    Ok, so I updated Spotify earlier, which appears to have linked to my iTunes. All well and fine. However, Spotify also seems to have taken it upon itself to completely fuck with all my tags. As someone with over 7000 tracks, this is a MAJOR pain in the arse.

I'm currently going through it manually to work out all the changes (which is mostly every fucking track has had something altered), but does anyone know if there's a way to automatically return to old tag settings? Some sort of old library file I could use or something, or am I totally fucked and need to go through it all manually?
    You can undo that.
  • Jackface 11 May 2010 13:13:36 3,736 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    iTunes is a horrific piece of software. If I want to put music on a device I am quite used to the concept of a folder tree structure and may be able to place the files with the minimum of fuss.
    The whole point is that people like you (and me, I know what one of them is too!) are in the minority and Apple wants it to be useable by everyone. It can be understandably frustrating to people who want to get into the nitty gritty.
  • TakeTheVeil 11 May 2010 13:23:31 5,058 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    iTunes = POS
  • Tonka 11 May 2010 13:24:52 21,352 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    iTunes is a beast and needs to be broken up. Blöoatware

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 11 May 2010 13:26:25
    iTunes would benefit from (like all software) having a big button during the installer saying "I know what I'm doing, so let me do it the way you know I want to."
  • kinky_mong 11 May 2010 14:10:12 10,867 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Itunes decided to deny the existance of my music collection on a DVD that I copied it to when I had to reformat my computer, thus losing about 70% of my music collection a few years ago.

Unfortunately I have to use the POS again because of my iPhone, and it still causes me problems, most irritating is that it loves to knock out my wireless connection when I try to rip a CD which completely screw up the convenience of it automatically naming tracks from online data.

Winamp shits all over it IMO.

How is your 1995 Windows 3.1 PC doing?

About as well as your comedy career it seems.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• ElectricDemon 11 May 2010 14:48:02 2,417 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    ElectricDemon wrote:

You can undo that.
    How does one do that then?

/is currently only on "C" as far as manually checking all tags goes
  • Deleted user 11 May 2010 22:28:28
    Why the hell has this just duplicated a bunch of albums?!
  • Page

of 15 First / Last