The hate for iTunes thread. Page 3

  • Page

    of 15 First / Last

  • mrpon 10 May 2010 16:09:20 28,756 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    brotherbob wrote:
    I also get pretty fucked off having to delete a shortcut for itunes everytime it updates. Trivial I know, but fuck off please.
    +fucking1, I mean why? Just why??

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • CosmicFuzz 10 May 2010 16:30:05 23,866 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    brotherbob wrote:
    I also get pretty fucked off having to delete a shortcut for itunes everytime it updates. Trivial I know, but fuck off please.
    +fucking1, I mean why? Just why??

    Where are these shortcuts about?

    Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

  • CosmicFuzz 10 May 2010 16:32:34 23,866 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah yes I see what you mean. I heard Jeffrey Dahmer got annoyed by that as well.

    Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

  • DFawkes 10 May 2010 16:47:48 22,789 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    brotherbob wrote:
    Every time the apple updater thingy runs on Windows 7 it adds an iTunes shortcut to the desktop, which I have to delete each time. I know its trivial and takes .1 of a second to sort out, but its the principle of it. Cunts.

    Fucking right on. Did I ask you to do that iTunes? No, no I didn't if you did ask, I'd have told you to piss off because I don't want an icon you bastard! Why did they decide "it's updating, so we better have it install an icon to desktop for no reason"?

    I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

  • mrpon 10 May 2010 17:04:31 28,756 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have it on the Start Menu, at the top. Does that work after an update? Does it fuck!

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • kinky_mong 10 May 2010 17:16:44 10,137 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Itunes decided to deny the existance of my music collection on a DVD that I copied it to when I had to reformat my computer, thus losing about 70% of my music collection a few years ago.

    Unfortunately I have to use the POS again because of my iPhone, and it still causes me problems, most irritating is that it loves to knock out my wireless connection when I try to rip a CD which completely screw up the convenience of it automatically naming tracks from online data.

    Winamp shits all over it IMO.

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • Deleted user 10 May 2010 17:18:11
    lol
  • urban 10 May 2010 17:38:38 10,942 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    brotherbob wrote:
    I also get pretty fucked off having to delete a shortcut for itunes everytime it updates. Trivial I know, but fuck off please.
    +fucking1, I mean why? Just why??

    Tries to install mobileme and quicktime is now packaged inside itunes. i fucking hate that, having software pushed on me.

    It also annoys me that when people plug their ipod into a new computer and don't select manually manage music it wipes their ipod, right?
  • Waffleaber 10 May 2010 17:39:25 394 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Never really liked iTunes but i've got an iPhone so I use Sharepod instead.

    No media player but it works just as well transfering music onto an iPhone.
  • heyyo 10 May 2010 17:54:35 14,373 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I feel like such a noob right now. I thought iTunes was the only way to get stuff onto my iPod Touch - it has filled my niche so well (that's what she said?) that I haven't even considered looking for an alternative, but now I will out of curiosity.
  • rock27gr 10 May 2010 17:58:59 5,565 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like iTunes. On windows. That is all.
  • oceanmotion 10 May 2010 20:22:09 15,820 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Dunno, it's pretty much the standard way of doing things, t'isn't just itunes specific.

    Not really. WMP, Zune for example displayed everything perfectly without having to tweak things, seems they know how it works from the get go. I had to fiddle with the names to get it close to working fully in iTunes. The Coverflow thing doesn't go by Album Artist so you have loads more thumbnails which is really annoying if you use that feature.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2010 20:32:19
    WooHoo!!! wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Dunno, it's pretty much the standard way of doing things, t'isn't just itunes specific.

    Not really. WMP, Zune for example displayed everything perfectly without having to tweak things, seems they know how it works from the get go. I had to fiddle with the names to get it close to working fully in iTunes. The Coverflow thing doesn't go by Album Artist so you have loads more thumbnails which is really annoying if you use that feature.
    Eh? We're talking of tags and folder structure based on those tags. I've no idea what you're talking about.

    Album by artist works too, if you really want to use that view.
  • BartonFink 10 May 2010 20:32:30 34,853 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    My workaround is trying not to care.
    Same here but it's is annoying when the piece of crap decides to install crap like bonjour without telling you. It's also a resource hog and forces you to have shitting quicktime installed. Other than that sure it's a piece of crap but yer stuck with it if you have an iPod. Fuck me transferring your music to another PC or iPod is a complete pain in the balls too.

    Other than that it's fucking aces!!!
  • Retroid Moderator 10 May 2010 21:02:19 44,512 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    ADF....ASSEMBLE!
    /Boots Workbench 1.3
  • Deleted user 10 May 2010 21:03:13
    lol
  • oceanmotion 10 May 2010 21:07:23 15,820 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    WooHoo!!! wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Dunno, it's pretty much the standard way of doing things, t'isn't just itunes specific.

    Not really. WMP, Zune for example displayed everything perfectly without having to tweak things, seems they know how it works from the get go. I had to fiddle with the names to get it close to working fully in iTunes. The Coverflow thing doesn't go by Album Artist so you have loads more thumbnails which is really annoying if you use that feature.
    Eh? We're talking of tags and folder structure based on those tags. I've no idea what you're talking about.

    Album by artist works too, if you really want to use that view.

    So it does. I missed that, didn't know you could select that specifically. It works now. Still had to mess with the names which was infuriatingly time consuming. Thanks for the pic, spells it out when you see the selected area. I must have been blinded by my blood boiling, seems so obvious. I'm annoyed that I spent so long trying out different tags to get it to work back then. iTunes still sucks though.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2010 21:08:29
    What do you mean, you have to mess with the names?
  • StixxUK 10 May 2010 21:17:00 7,245 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Come on guys, iTunes for Windows is fucking abominable.

    Winamp is OK, but(t) ugly.

    Foobar is better, but uglier.

    I use a combination of Winamp, Grooveshark and Spotify (for listening) and iTunes (for loading the iPods) personally.
  • Red-Moose 10 May 2010 21:17:22 5,346 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There is another piece of software that does things quite well. It's barely known however, and most people haven't heard of it. It's called WINAMP. It plays MP3 files and streaming Shoutcast radio.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2010 21:21:01
    Winamp is still going? Didn't it turn to shit years ago?
  • JuanKerr 10 May 2010 21:23:33 36,241 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why won't itunes order stuff the way I fucking want it? I'm a tad OCD when it comes to certain things and I've got a series of audiobooks that it is simply impossible to put in a sensible order on itunes. Almost put my fist through the bloody screen earlier.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2010 21:25:30
    What order do you want? Why can't you order it like that?

    Windows only users are so stupid :D
  • JuanKerr 10 May 2010 21:27:53 36,241 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I want it ordered in the right order - the books are numbered 1-10 and I simply can't make itunes put it in the right bloody way.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2010 21:29:31
    If the books are numbered 1-10 you should be able to order them by name by clicking on the name title in the name column.
  • Kosmoz 10 May 2010 21:31:25 7,666 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    I want it ordered in the right order - the books are numbered 1-10 and I simply can't make itunes put it in the right bloody way.
    are they in the music section?

    Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

  • Page

    of 15 First / Last

Log in or register to reply