Champions League Page 504

• Page

of 639 First / Last

• kalel 6 Mar 2013 13:54:02 83,875 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A man light, but winning the game with everyone behind the ball. That can often be one of the hardest situations to play against.

Thought he was excellent. Made space for himself through intelligent play and the goal was special.
  • sport 6 Mar 2013 13:54:27 12,045 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    He came on to a game where the opposition were a man light in the middle. Course he found plenty space. He hit the ball well, mind.
    He hit the ground running, unlike Nani who hit the player flying.
  • ElNino9 6 Mar 2013 13:56:10 13,141 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SuperCoolEskimo

Fuck off.

Seriously?

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• ElNino9 6 Mar 2013 13:57:30 13,141 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    I wonder if we'll ever find out what Mourinho said to Fergie after the sending off.

"Not bad for 500,000".

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Zizoo 6 Mar 2013 13:57:44 7,705 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sport wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    He came on to a game where the opposition were a man light in the middle. Course he found plenty space. He hit the ball well, mind.
    He hit the ground running, unlike Nani who hit the player flying.
    SO FUCKING RECKLESS!!!
  • uglygamer 6 Mar 2013 13:59:47 11,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Kay 6 Mar 2013 14:02:12 17,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Thought he was excellent. Made space for himself through intelligent play and the goal was special.
    Yeah, I'd say he almost single-handedly turned the match in Madrid's favour, and that was before the goal (which was the icing on the cake).

Then again, hard to say if he would have had as much impact against 11 men. But he's a joy to watch, and makes you wish he'd gone to a club that would have made more/better use of him.
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 14:05:45 55,853 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh my actual days

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2013-03-06/ererer/

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• HisDudness 6 Mar 2013 14:15:42 919 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not to belabour the point, but here are some interesting perspectives on punishing kicks to the chest:

Evans on Drogba
    Ferdinand on Sagna.

Neither resulted in even a caution (well Drogba's leg shakes were shown yellow), the Evans one being particularly hilarious for a variety of reasons.

Elsewhere, we have

Eboue sent off for kicking Evra

and

Zlatan's recent incident

Here both had their eye on the ball the entire time, but were sent off.
  • Dougs 6 Mar 2013 14:24:09 64,903 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    I wonder if we'll ever find out what Mourinho said to Fergie after the sending off.

Make way grandad, my turn now.
  • Widge Moderator 6 Mar 2013 14:26:19 12,595 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Oh my actual days

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2013-03-06/ererer/
    /rawkmeltdown

oh.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 14:29:02 55,853 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Emergency services. What service would you like?

Police pleae

And what is the nature of your call?

WELL, THAT DECISION WAS FUCKING CRIMINAL

Literal in nature, are we sir?

Edited by nickthegun at 14:29:24 06-03-2013

He totally called it

• SuperCoolEskimo 6 Mar 2013 14:32:09 9,529 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ElNino9 Yes he apologised today.
  • mcmonkeyplc 6 Mar 2013 14:50:53 38,899 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just screamed at the TV...I suppose the guy just felt like he had to do something more :)

Come and get it cumslingers!

• JonFE 6 Mar 2013 15:04:38 1,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    @SuperCoolEskimo

Fuck off.

Seriously?
    Here's the report...
  • Lamb 6 Mar 2013 16:41:12 467 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

Roz, given who you support, you very much live in a glass house with very few panes of glass left, maybe not wise to try and make more of that, than necessary.

Sure it was scummy, but Terry and cole are bound to have bettered that within 5 minutes of their next respective starts.
    :lol: I think I will try and use this gif daily now. Terry and Cole have never shown this kind kind of agression to a ref, Rio will rightly get a big suspension.
    You... can't actually be serious. Surely? I mean, I assumed because you support Chelsea that you had watched them at some stage.

Under Mourinho especially, they were the worst I've ever seen for this kind of stuff.
    I think your delusional, this is definatly worse then anything Terry and Cole have done to a ref. utd have always been the worse though, the FA had to really step up punishment for dissent after those famous incidents with Keane and Stam chasing refs around the pitch. If Rio doesn't get banned its a fucking disgrace
    What about Drogba and Ballack?
    As a Chelsea fan you have nothing to say here.

Oh believe me I had plenty to say and did. One thing I did learn though was to be less emotionally invested in a game I am not even playing in.
    We were robbed of four penalties in our favor, the referring was a disgrace.

Also the prior year when Tevez goaded Drogba into slapping him with two fingers. If a player instigates provocation, he should be sent off too.
  • ecureuil 6 Mar 2013 16:51:04 76,020 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UEFA have opened an investigation in to Fergie because he didn't do the press conference last night.
  • mikew1985 6 Mar 2013 16:53:55 12,049 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rubbing salt in the wound a bit!
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 16:55:50 55,853 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    UEFA have opened an investigation in to Fergie because he didn't do the press conference last night.
    In you are face, blaketown.

He totally called it

• ecureuil 6 Mar 2013 16:57:11 76,020 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Rubbing salt in the wound a bit!
    Well rules are rules, he's obligated to do the press conference and he didn't. I'm sure he doesn't care and will just accept the fine. The club will pay it anyway.
  • Lamb 6 Mar 2013 17:13:16 467 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If it was my team the only question I would ask of Ferguson is why not play Wayne Rooney from the start? Why leave the best player since Ronaldo left, out of the starting line-up. See your best players are called starters. Its not like he was in a bad run of form, how many assists did he have last week, two was it?
  • Blaketown 6 Mar 2013 17:15:20 4,630 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    In you are face, blaketown.
    :D

He'll be fine.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 17:17:19 55,853 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lamb wrote:
    If it was my team the only question I would ask of Ferguson is why not play Wayne Rooney from the start?
    Because he didnt think he could do the job the team needed to do and he was proved right until nani got sent off.

Its why, frankly, Ferguson is the greatest manager who has ever lived, as much as it makes me vomit a little in my mouth to say that.

He totally called it

• Blaketown 6 Mar 2013 17:18:10 4,630 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lamb wrote:
    If it was my team the only question I would ask of Ferguson is why not play Wayne Rooney from the start? Why leave the best player since Ronaldo left, out of the starting line-up. See your best players are called starters. Its not like he was in a bad run of form, how many assists did he have last week, two was it?
    Against Norwich.

How well did he play at the Bernabeu?

How many times did he give the ball away after he came on last night? Compare that with how many times Wellbeck gave the ball away.

Tactically it was a choice between Rooney & RVP. He may have got that wrong but I'd probably go for RVP on current form.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• ecureuil 6 Mar 2013 17:19:56 76,020 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rooney isn't an outstanding player anymore. He's still very good (on his day) but he's not undroppable. He's living off his reputation quite a lot now.
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 17:22:21 55,853 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If hes not gone this summer, he will be gone next year. Certainly better players than him have had less of a drop in form and been shoved out of the door.

He totally called it

• liamthemaster 6 Mar 2013 17:30:02 1,397 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When did people start thinking he's not as good, a few months ago people were saying he could be world class in midfield too.
  • kalel 6 Mar 2013 17:32:49 83,875 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He'll come back into form I'm sure.

If last night did prove one thing, it's that Mourinho is definitely keeping his options open with regards to going to United. All very carefully choreographed.
  • Dougs 6 Mar 2013 17:36:22 64,903 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It was more like a Fucking job interview! Moyes was the same.
  • uglygamer 6 Mar 2013 17:37:30 11,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Lamb wrote:
    If it was my team the only question I would ask of Ferguson is why not play Wayne Rooney from the start?
    Its why, frankly, Ferguson is the greatest manager who has ever lived, as much as it makes me vomit a little in my mouth to say that.
    He might not even be the best now ;) Fantastic manager, but do you really think he is better than Mourinho?
    The success he had at Porto (low budget compared to united) winning the UEFA Cup and the Champions League in 2 seasons, then continuing to be successful in every club he has been at, plus that amazing 10 year League record where he never lost at home.
    Theyre close but I think Mourinho has the edge.

I know they beat 10-men United, but it felt like Mourinho was really confident they will go through
  • Page

of 639 First / Last