Champions League Page 499

• Page

of 680 First / Last

• mcmonkeyplc 6 Mar 2013 08:27:55 39,456 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Well I'm proud of our players anyway. We didn't get raped.
    You're not Mansfield or Bradford you know. This wasn't a David vs Goliath match at all.
    Yes I'm aware of that. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Trowel 6 Mar 2013 08:35:18 17,743 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I didn't think it was a red card, but I can absolutely see why the referee gave it. I think it's all about Nani watching the ball, which is something the ref probably couldn't see. Would have thought the 4th official might have been well placed to advise however.

Obviously I've got no idea of the standards expected in the Champions League, so to be objective I tried to imagine the same event but with it being Lee Cattermole poleaxing an Everton player... and I'd have said a red is harsh.
  • kalel 6 Mar 2013 08:40:10 87,575 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can't believe I've had to go back nearly 20 pages to find the beginning of the red card discussion!

That's my morning then. Off we go...
  • Trowel 6 Mar 2013 08:45:34 17,743 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The reaction of the Real players was telling - there's photos of them watching Nani going off, and Ozil is staring wide-eyed in... Oh, hang on.
  • Dougs 6 Mar 2013 08:49:59 67,628 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

So why all the "proud of our players" crap then? Surely that's mainly for games you're expected to lose or where you've hung on in difficult circumstances (10 men etc).
  • The-Bodybuilder 6 Mar 2013 08:51:50 14,193 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    @The-Bodybuilder you're the one that started going about kickboxing for fucks sake.

What Nani tried to do was no different to what Henry used to do on a regular occurrence. However, Nani had Arbeloa clatter into his foot. I'm not saying he fouled Nani, but it was a ball that Nani was entitled to bring down in that manner and one Arbeloa was entitled to challenge for. Both players got caught, but it's one of those things.

If you send Nani of for it being a dangerous act, then you need to send any player off for trying bring the ball down with their foot raised, irrespective of any contact. In exactly the same way you get sent off more taking a swing or trying to butt someone without making a connection.
    You are really thick and stupid.
    nowhere did I even claim what Nani did was wrong, you fool. I was merely pointing out that kick isn't JUST a swinging motion, and used a similar motion that what Nani did as an example of a kick that doesn't involve a swing. I showed that a jumping front kick is a kick that's similar to what Nani did. I didn't even bother mentioning about the game or what he did was right or wrong (note: FYI, I don't think it was a red).

but whatever, maybe the night sleep actually sobered you up from your red mist.
  • Commander-Keen 6 Mar 2013 08:56:25 808 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    *walks in*

*takes one look at the rage*

Fuck that

*walks out*
  • 4gate 6 Mar 2013 08:58:22 362 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Maybe, if football grew up a bit, and managers stopped their players trying to con the officials every game, the ref would be better placed to correctly judge the hard decisions they do have to make. If I was a professional ref I'd just be rollling 2D6 by now and consulting a table.

Fergie was 'distraught' last night apparently. He should take it out on Ashley Young to start with.
  • Latin 6 Mar 2013 08:58:48 3,660 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Had a night to calm down and again believe it was never a red card. Never.

If it is, send off people for overhead kicks, send off two players going to head a ball that clash heads and cause concussion, send off the keeper for punching vidic in the head when trying to clear the ball.

It's never a red card. Absolutely shocking decision.

If it was a yellow not a single person would be arguing that it was a red card.
  • Shikasama 6 Mar 2013 09:02:55 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't know if I'm looking forward to the continued rage and whining more, or the delicious hypocrisy that is sure to come from some decision in the next few Utd premier league games.
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 09:04:08 59,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Except, y'know, he kicked a guy in the chest.

*waah, but he was unsighted he had no intent*

If he wasnt looking where he was going, he shouldnt have had his studs at chest height.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Ultrasoundwave 6 Mar 2013 09:04:33 3,299 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    I didn't think it was a red card, but I can absolutely see why the referee gave it.
    +1

Its not deliberate, Nani hasnt set out to catch the guy, but raising your feet in football is considered dangerous or reckless play.

Dangerous or reckless play = red card.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• mcmonkeyplc 6 Mar 2013 09:05:56 39,456 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

So why all the "proud of our players" crap then? Surely that's mainly for games you're expected to lose or where you've hung on in difficult circumstances (10 men etc).
    Because we didn't get bum raped 6-1 like we did against city when we went down to 10 men at home. We carried on trying to score despite being 1 man down. Their keeper had to make some great saves to keep us out at 2-1. Real helped by going deep though.

I didn't realise being proud of the players you support was frowned upon a loss.

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 09:06:41 06-03-2013

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deckard1 6 Mar 2013 09:05:57 27,981 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks red to me. Real where just the better side on the night - teams like Real just find a way to win, and they did that last night. Great performance.
  • sport 6 Mar 2013 09:06:53 12,710 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Definitely a red card.
  • morriss 6 Mar 2013 09:07:45 70,976 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/549923_543075502390966_1027888726_n.jpg
  • Trowel 6 Mar 2013 09:07:49 17,743 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I don't know if I'm looking forward to the continued rage and whining more, or the delicious hypocrisy that is sure to come from some decision in the next few Utd premier league games.
    You'll not have long to wait - guess who's refereeing this weekend's Chelsea vs Man Utd cup game...
  • fergal_oc 6 Mar 2013 09:08:25 2,763 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wasn't it Fergie who said that it was dangerous to kick a ball at someone and that RvP could've been killed? Surely a boot is worse than the ball?

Anyway I'm just trolling, I don't seem to remember there being as much rage about Vinnie being sent off against Utd in the FA Cup last year for a perfectly good tackle no where near Nani, or when Vinnie got sent off against Arsenal because Wiltshire slipped, not to mention some of the poor decisions Chelsea have had to face in previous CL years.

But as long as it's Utd that have been hard done by the media clamour around, there's like 4 discussions on the BBC Sports site already. Fergie's a baby for not coming out and speaking to media.

The Chelsea game on sunday is going to be rather telling now, maybe Utd are about to do an Arsenal or Newcastle and find themselves trophyless again for another season, all because of one rather bright and not at all red looking card...
  • Blaketown 6 Mar 2013 09:08:37 4,649 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Trowel wrote:
    I didn't think it was a red card, but I can absolutely see why the referee gave it.
    +1

Its not deliberate, Nani hasnt set out to catch the guy, but raising your feet in football is considered dangerous or reckless play.

Dangerous or reckless play = red card.
    Not every dangerous tackle is an automatic red. Reckless means players has acted with complete disregard to the danger of his opponent. punishment: caution

Far exceeding necessary force: red card

It's up to you whether you think Nani far exceeded necessary force.

Edited by Blaketown at 09:08:45 06-03-2013

Brap, brap, old chap.

• sport 6 Mar 2013 09:09:56 12,710 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nani definitely exceeded necessary force.
  • Blaketown 6 Mar 2013 09:11:35 4,649 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Then I'm glad you aren't a professional referee.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Deckard1 6 Mar 2013 09:12:30 27,981 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He could have killed him
  • LeoliansBro 6 Mar 2013 09:13:12 44,146 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    He could have killed him
    :D

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Widge Moderator 6 Mar 2013 09:13:25 13,541 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Work discussion errs towards the side of "was a bit harsh", made up of City, Utd and Liverpool here.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• SuperCoolEskimo 6 Mar 2013 09:13:40 9,818 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Looks red to me. Real where just the better side on the night - teams like Real just find a way to win, and they did that last night. Great performance.
    Real never looked like winning 11 vs 11. Utd were completely comfortable having packed the middle, sending Madrid down the flanks where they did nothing. The Di Maria injury made it even more comfortable for Utd because Kaka narrowed the play.

De Gea barely touched the ball 11 vs 11 and Utd looked much more likely to get a second goal than Madrid a first. Mourinho got very, very lucky. Him parking the bus with his star studded team while being a man up summed him up as a coach, negative and small time.
  • LeoliansBro 6 Mar 2013 09:14:42 44,146 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    negative and small time.
    Negative, small time and through to the next round.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deckard1 6 Mar 2013 09:14:56 27,981 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nah Madrid were coasting for most of the game. They're just a better side at the end of the day.
  • Trane 6 Mar 2013 09:15:23 4,052 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think somebody made the point earlier, if the ref gave him a yellow for it - nobody would have complained, including the Real Madrid camp.
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 09:15:28 59,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    I didn't realise being proud of the players you support was frowned upon a loss.
    It is if you continually use delightful analogies such as 'we didnt get raped' and 'we didnt get bum raped'.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• SuperCoolEskimo 6 Mar 2013 09:16:31 9,818 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    negative and small time.
    Negative, small time and through to the next round.
    Because he got lucky. :)
  • Page

of 680 First / Last