Champions League Page 497

• Page

of 639 First / Last

• Trane 5 Mar 2013 23:22:10 4,049 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    I don't know what's worse, all the United fans crying that it wasn't a red, or the usual crowd who expend so much energy saying that it was, in many different ways, across many different posts.

Over and over.
    Everyone! Stop discussing things in the discussion thread!
    You're not discussing though are you.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
  • mikew1985 5 Mar 2013 23:23:44 12,047 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

Roz, given who you support, you very much live in a glass house with very few panes of glass left, maybe not wise to try and make more of that, than necessary.

Sure it was scummy, but Terry and cole are bound to have bettered that within 5 minutes of their next respective starts.
    :lol: I think I will try and use this gif daily now. Terry and Cole have never shown this kind kind of agression to a ref, Rio will rightly get a big suspension.
    You... can't actually be serious. Surely? I mean, I assumed because you support Chelsea that you had watched them at some stage.

Under Mourinho especially, they were the worst I've ever seen for this kind of stuff.
  • liamthemaster 5 Mar 2013 23:24:31 1,397 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    But what if the results are always funny.
  • ElNino9 5 Mar 2013 23:24:41 13,141 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Nani didn't kick him though, did he? Kicking would imply a swinging motion was carried out. His foot was raised and Arbeloa came clattering into him.
    In KICKboxing, that exact technique is called a jumping front KICK.

Any striking action with the legs is a kick.
    Henry should've been suspended every other game, then. He was an absolute master of that skill. Regardless if there was nobody within 10 feet of him and it wasn't malicious. It's a dangerous act and he should have been sent off.

Is that what you're saying?

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Lamb 5 Mar 2013 23:25:06 467 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Terry would've been en route to his marital home the moment the whistle went.
    Somethings are better left unsaid so you are not defined by one action.

Hyperbole? Take a look at the pics of Demba Ba's broken nose incident. Look at the players positioning, the weight of his feet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2272513/Benitez-fuming-Coloccini-swerves-red-Ba-nose-break.html#axzz2JoJqTZER
  • SuperCoolEskimo 5 Mar 2013 23:25:39 9,529 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Utd bossed Madrid over both legs until the red and looked pretty comfortable. De Gea hardly made a save tonight 11 vs 11.

Reckon Bayern or Dortmund for the CL this year.
  • danathjo 5 Mar 2013 23:26:11 6,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Okay they lost, very sad
    Now let's all move on and support Arsenal, England's brightest hope!
  • mikew1985 5 Mar 2013 23:26:46 12,047 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You are far too sensible SCE, what the hell are you doing in here!?
  • ElNino9 5 Mar 2013 23:27:24 13,141 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Utd bossed Madrid over both legs until the red and looked pretty comfortable. De Gea hardly made a save tonight 11 vs 11.

Reckon Bayern or Dortmund for the CL this year.
    O_O

Yeah, I hope Dortmund win, but I've got a feeling Bayern will win it.

• The-Bodybuilder 5 Mar 2013 23:28:04 13,617 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Nani didn't kick him though, did he? Kicking would imply a swinging motion was carried out. His foot was raised and Arbeloa came clattering into him.
    In KICKboxing, that exact technique is called a jumping front KICK.

Any striking action with the legs is a kick.
    Henry should've been suspended every other game, then. He was an absolute master of that skill. Regardless if there was nobody within 10 feet of him and it wasn't malicious. It's a dangerous act and he should have been sent off.

Is that what you're saying?
    You're kidding me, right?
    this entire topic, including my explanation is in the context of a STRIKE ON SOMEONE. Unless you're trying to claim Henry was intentionally going around with the intention to....

wait, this is just stupid. If you think that is s genuine defence than, well....

Edit: I mean it was there to clear your quite weird explanation that a kick is ONLY a swinging motion, you seem to have lost it,

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 23:29:27 05-03-2013

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 23:30:48 05-03-2013
  • ecureuil 5 Mar 2013 23:30:07 76,015 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was a legitimate attempt to control the ball, and the collision was accidental. You can break if down all you want, but I can't see how a red is fair in this situation. Reds should be reserved for deliberately dangerous and aggressive tackles, and professional fouls. Nani made an honest attempt to bring the ball under control, and it's unfortunate that there was a collision, but that's something that happens in football. If he's jumped up with the intention of nailing someone, then yes it's a red. Vidic got accidentally punched in the head in the first half. It's football, you get on with it. I just can't see why it wouldn't have been fair to award the freekick to Madrid, let Nani apoligise for catching him, issue a yellow, and let the game carry on.
  • danathjo 5 Mar 2013 23:33:33 6,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't see it being an accident relevant at all, it still happened
  • ElNino9 5 Mar 2013 23:37:24 13,141 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @The-Bodybuilder you're the one that started going about kickboxing for fucks sake.

What Nani tried to do was no different to what Henry used to do on a regular occurrence. However, Nani had Arbeloa clatter into his foot. I'm not saying he fouled Nani, but it was a ball that Nani was entitled to bring down in that manner and one Arbeloa was entitled to challenge for. Both players got caught, but it's one of those things.

If you send Nani of for it being a dangerous act, then you need to send any player off for trying bring the ball down with their foot raised, irrespective of any contact. In exactly the same way you get sent off more taking a swing or trying to butt someone without making a connection.

• ecureuil 5 Mar 2013 23:40:47 76,015 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is a red all day long tbf. His foot is so high.
  • johnson81 5 Mar 2013 23:40:54 368 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was shocked that it was a red but I can only think the ref saw it as dangerous play, in turn is a red card. I expected a yellow but thems the breaks.
  • Big-Boss 5 Mar 2013 23:43:23 11 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Over the course of the last few years we've seen Arsenal, Chelsea and now United get screwed over in the CL thanks to shocking refereeing decisions. When was the last time Barca or Madrid went out because of bad officiating? Food for thought.

Also, usually it's Spanish teams that are all over the refs face screaming and waving imaginary cards every time an opposition player breathes on them. I don't recall a single Madrid player protesting after that "challenge" from Nani. Even they didn't think it was malicious. Says it all really. Give out a yellow and be done with it. But no, its an English team involved so they must have some sort of handicap imposed.

Go back to the first leg too; every single United player that made a 50-50 challenge was booked for nothing. Ramos was responsible for 2 of them after going down as if he had been shot from minimal contact from both RVP and Valencia. Madrid got no bookings. The highlight was when Evra had a clear sight on goal and was blatantly pulled down and the Madrid player should have been shown a red card for a last man challenge. What does the ref do? He blows for a normal foul and doesn't even talk to the perpetrator, let alone punish him. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Edited by Big-Boss at 23:46:11 05-03-2013
  • speedofthepuma 5 Mar 2013 23:44:36 13,246 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not a United fan by the way, I just understand what intent is, I'm surprised how blinkered the bodybuilder is.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• ElNino9 5 Mar 2013 23:44:39 13,141 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    This is a red all day long tbf. His foot is so high.
    No intent, but that's very dangerous play.

Straight red.

• roz123 5 Mar 2013 23:45:58 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

Roz, given who you support, you very much live in a glass house with very few panes of glass left, maybe not wise to try and make more of that, than necessary.

Sure it was scummy, but Terry and cole are bound to have bettered that within 5 minutes of their next respective starts.
    :lol: I think I will try and use this gif daily now. Terry and Cole have never shown this kind kind of agression to a ref, Rio will rightly get a big suspension.
    You... can't actually be serious. Surely? I mean, I assumed because you support Chelsea that you had watched them at some stage.

Under Mourinho especially, they were the worst I've ever seen for this kind of stuff.
    I think your delusional, this is definatly worse then anything Terry and Cole have done to a ref. utd have always been the worse though, the FA had to really step up punishment for dissent after those famous incidents with Keane and Stam chasing refs around the pitch. If Rio doesn't get banned its a fucking disgrace
  • ElNino9 5 Mar 2013 23:47:27 13,141 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    I'm not a United fan by the way, I just understand what intent is, I'm surprised how blinkered the bodybuilder is.
    Must be the roids.

• danathjo 5 Mar 2013 23:47:42 6,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    you're all silly, silly sausages
  • ElNino9 5 Mar 2013 23:50:43 13,141 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

I think your delusional, this is definatly worse then anything Terry and Cole have done to a ref. utd have always been the worse though, the FA had to really step up punishment for dissent after those famous incidents with Keane and Stam chasing refs around the pitch. If Rio doesn't get banned its a fucking disgrace
    It's quite ironic that the final words of your post are "it's a fucking disgrace". Not sure if that was intentional or not.

• mikew1985 5 Mar 2013 23:51:14 12,047 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

its a fucking disgrace
    Shades of Drogba?
  • ecureuil 5 Mar 2013 23:52:01 76,015 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @roz123 Not sure if serious. He shook the ref's hand in the end. All things considered I think the United players were quite gracious in defeat, a bit of sarcastic clapping was about it.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Mar 2013 23:54:16 8,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

What about Drogba and Ballack?
    As a Chelsea fan you have nothing to say here.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 5 Mar 2013 23:55:27 8,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    @roz123 Not sure if serious. He shook the ref's hand in the end. All things considered I think the United players were quite gracious in defeat, a bit of sarcastic clapping was about it.
    Yeah, sarcastic clapping in front of the ref's face is totally fine, not fucking shameful at all.

• mikew1985 5 Mar 2013 23:56:14 12,047 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

What about Drogba and Ballack?
    As a Chelsea fan you have nothing to say here.

What are you on about, clearly Rio's clapping is far worse than everything there!

30 match ban minimum.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Mar 2013 23:59:33 8,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    United can feel a bit hard done by but they've been on the other side countless times, that's football.

• captbirdseye 6 Mar 2013 00:02:55 4,343 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its a disc race :D.
  • mikew1985 6 Mar 2013 00:06:29 12,047 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    United can feel a bit hard done by but they've been on the other side countless times, that's football.
    I'd probably agree, obviously I'm unbelievably disappointed at the way the match went but ultimately there is an incident like this every year in football and it was, unfortunately our turn to feel the sting.

It was though a real shame for what had been an absorbing and tense match.
  • Page

of 639 First / Last