Champions League Page 457

  • Page

    of 747 First / Last

  • Dougs 5 Dec 2012 21:31:10 73,051 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Enjoying the Messi-watch too. Ridiculous
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 21:31:43
    Heh red card for kallstrom and we end up down to 10 because of it.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 21:33:33
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Surely Chelsea going out can't be blamed on Benitez? Or have I missed something?
    He can be by the insane Chelsea fans.
  • Trowel 5 Dec 2012 21:37:44 18,962 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nice one Celtic, congrats Boab :)
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 21:38:14
    \o/
  • Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 21:38:38 10,389 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Celtic have been fantastic this campaign. Stuck to their plan perfectly,
  • teamHAM 5 Dec 2012 21:44:47 3,333 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The penalty was as soft as they come but it will be great to see Celtic in the knockouts. Always love the passion at Celtic Park on european nights \o/
  • ecu 5 Dec 2012 21:49:03 77,926 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really hope the Messi injury isn't serious.
  • IMO 5 Dec 2012 21:54:41 5,974 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If City's excuse is that they were in a stupidly hard group, what's Chelsea's?
  • Gruff 5 Dec 2012 21:57:28 3,086 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    IMO wrote:
    If City's excuse is that they were in a stupidly hard group, what's Chelsea's?
    They both needed to spend a bit more money o_O
  • Jono62 5 Dec 2012 21:58:57 15,123 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Juve are on an incredible unbeaten run and Shaktar are very good, plus its Benitez's fault that Juve beat Shaktar.
  • convz 5 Dec 2012 21:59:15 515 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Absolutely amazing for Celtic - definitely deserved after they beat Barca! \o/ Lots of people saying it was never a penalty, but wouldn't they have gone through regardless? Really happy for their fans who have waited a long time for this, and great to have another British team through to the knockouts.

    Disappointed for Chelsea, I think we had a tougher group than most people realised, with Juventus and Shaktar (P18 W17) both having absolutely incredible domestic form, but still a shame we couldn't get through.

    Strangely looking forward to the Europa League now too!
  • RobTheBuilder 5 Dec 2012 22:11:00 6,521 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well done Celtic, that ITV declaration that Celtic were out as soon as the draw was made has been proved brilliantly wrong
  • IMO 5 Dec 2012 22:17:14 5,974 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    Well done Celtic, that ITV declaration that Celtic were out as soon as the draw was made has been proved brilliantly wrong
    I hear Adrian Chiles might actually get something right at around 6pm on the 21st of December.
  • FWB 5 Dec 2012 22:21:06 48,724 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Lovely results tonight.
  • teamHAM 5 Dec 2012 22:24:50 3,333 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    convz wrote:
    Absolutely amazing for Celtic - definitely deserved after they beat Barca! \o/ Lots of people saying it was never a penalty, but wouldn't they have gone through regardless?
    IIRC they needed to better what Benfica could manage. So it made the penalty decision crucial. Benfica though missed a few great chances tonight and it was in their hands at the start of the night.
  • Tom_Servo 5 Dec 2012 22:30:37 18,082 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just saw the Barca-Benfica highlights. Wow. How did Benfica not win that? Great stuff for Celtic though, thoroughly deserved. Ten points from that group is phenomenal.
  • Gaol 5 Dec 2012 22:37:40 2,538 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If Celtic hadn't let in that late goal at the Nou Camp they would've won the group (all other result being equal ofc).
  • DSR3 5 Dec 2012 22:39:27 268 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    (Celtic fan here) I have never been as nervous in my life as I was in those final minutes.

    Absolutely fucking ecstatic.
  • roz123 5 Dec 2012 23:28:25 7,112 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Congratulations to Celtic

    Shame we ended up going out on away goals to Shakthar after beating them on goal difference and finsihing equal on points, maybe they would have tried harder against Juve if the normal rules applied but I was at Stamford Bridge so I don't know how that game played out.

    Hazard played really well today which was nice to see but Nordjealland were a poor team. The thing that made me laugh was seeing those fifth officials in their shirts, shorts and tights standing there freezing their tits off. Surely if they are standing still all game they can wear a jacket, sit down, maybe set up a little heater :lol:
    Hopefully the win will give us a bit of confidence with the tight winter schedule coming up.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 23:29:27
    @sidlowe
    Bruised knee for Messi. Might even be ok for this weekend.
  • kentmonkey 6 Dec 2012 00:03:05 21,433 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Last night I didn't think coming second was that much of a deal. Tonight.... all change. Some of those I expected to come second have gone on to win the group. Suddenly finishing second looks a lot worse than 24 hours ago.
  • The-Bodybuilder 6 Dec 2012 08:27:28 15,102 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Last night I didn't think coming second was that much of a deal. Tonight.... all change. Some of those I expected to come second have gone on to win the group. Suddenly finishing second looks a lot worse than 24 hours ago.
    Heh, you think? :p
    Finishing 2nd is 9 out of 10 times always worse than finishing first. As it stands, we have a greater chance of facing some tough folks. I do suspect we'll get malaga though. Sods law and all of that (taking away their best player).

    Not fussed either way. It's not like we had a chance of winning it anyways. Sooner or later, we would meet and lose to Barca, probably through cesc and song goals too.

    Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 08:28:03 06-12-2012
  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 08:32:27
    roz123 wrote:
    Shame we ended up going out.
    Not really.
  • kentmonkey 6 Dec 2012 08:49:15 21,433 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Last night I didn't think coming second was that much of a deal. Tonight.... all change. Some of those I expected to come second have gone on to win the group. Suddenly finishing second looks a lot worse than 24 hours ago.
    Heh, you think? :p
    Finishing 2nd is 9 out of 10 times always worse than finishing first. As it stands, we have a greater chance of facing some tough folks. I do suspect we'll get malaga though. Sods law and all of that (taking away their best player).

    Not fussed either way. It's not like we had a chance of winning it anyways. Sooner or later, we would meet and lose to Barca, probably through cesc and song goals too.
    Yeah, I know. But the night before it could have been (first places, so if we finished second):

    Porto
    Malaga
    Dortmund
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Bayern (and a good possibility of Valencia at that)
    Barca

    Still tough teams, but other than Barca and Bayern at least on paper more of a match rather than supremely better than us...not it's:

    Paris SG
    Malaga
    Dortmund
    Juventus
    Bayern
    Barcelona

    Second place would have got us a draw of one of these:

    Porto
    Milan
    Real Madrid
    Shakhtar
    Valencia
    Celtic
    Galatasary

    Still good teams, but a much, much higher chance of getting a team more on a par with us (Milan are nothing like they used to be, and really the only team I wouldn't fancy there is Madrid. Shakhtar next probably, but the rest could be winnable, if we find some form).
  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 08:51:26
    Currently Stoke and West Ham are teams on a par with you.

    HEYO!

    ;-)

    Edited by kalel at 08:51:38 06-12-2012
  • kentmonkey 6 Dec 2012 08:53:16 21,433 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I set them up...

    I'm actually surprised you went that high. I'd have gone for Norwich. :o)
  • Page

    of 747 First / Last

Log in or register to reply