Any websites good for cheap football tops?

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • MrDigital 6 May 2010 13:22:44 1,866 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A quick browse in a local team store shows me that the prices of football tops are still beyond extortionate, so I was wondering if there is such a place which offers the kind of price reductions I've become accustomed to with the advent of the internet?

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Deleted user 6 May 2010 13:24:28
    mcfc.co.uk
  • LockeTribal 6 May 2010 13:45:02 4,532 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LockeTribal wrote:
    Bit of a bump here, but just wondering if anyone's heard of the footie-shirt selling website bornprosper.com or bestway4you.com? Are they fakes or are they the real deal?

I've had a mate recommend them to me recently but I think they must be too good to be true.

Seems as good a place as any to repost this after I got no response the other day :)

Geesh, this crowd seem to do tops for 8. I've no idea if they're legit or not though :/
  • dutchspeededup 6 May 2010 14:06:51 4,594 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LockeTribal wrote:
    LockeTribal wrote:
    Bit of a bump here, but just wondering if anyone's heard of the footie-shirt selling website bornprosper.com or bestway4you.com? Are they fakes or are they the real deal?

I've had a mate recommend them to me recently but I think they must be too good to be true.

Seems as good a place as any to repost this after I got no response the other day :)

Geesh, this crowd seem to do tops for 8. I've no idea if they're legit or not though :/

they're 14 delievered and are legit, in that they're not counterfeit.

I think the model works like this:

Nike/Adidas - Hi sweat shop owner I'd like 50,000 strips
    Sweat shop owner - Sure*makes 52,000 and sells the difference
  • LockeTribal 6 May 2010 14:17:06 4,532 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:

Cheers for the info dutch, didn't notice the delivery charge when I first looked!

Leaves one in a bit of an ethical quandary about whether to purchase or not though...
  • dutchspeededup 6 May 2010 14:22:45 4,594 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LockeTribal wrote:
    dutchspeededup wrote:

Cheers for the info dutch, didn't notice the delivery charge when I first looked!

Leaves one in a bit of an ethical quandary about whether to purchase or not though...

That's a question about whether you should buy football strips at all though, isn't it?

These are made by the same tear-stained urchins that the 'legit' ones are, they just cost you 30 less.

Also, they're US size i.e. medium is pretty big. But since most adults that wear football tops do not do so for sport, but instead to constrain their morbid obesity, that's probably not a problem.

It'll take about 10 days to arrive from Thailand incidentally.
  • LockeTribal 6 May 2010 14:30:06 4,532 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    LockeTribal wrote:

That's a question about whether you should buy football strips at all though, isn't it?

These are made by the same tear-stained urchins that the 'legit' ones are, they just cost you 30 less.

Very true...

:(
  • MrDigital 6 May 2010 19:42:21 1,866 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow, the thread was actually a success then. Bestway4you it is. Now, not being a fan of football myself, I need to find a top which simply looks good :D

• Kosmoz 6 May 2010 19:54:50 7,734 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    so... am i missing something with that website or are there no football tops?

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• TakeTheVeil 6 May 2010 20:05:32 5,058 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shite all loading for me either. I think its the same company that used to go under the name Jomzajung (or something very similar).

I had order from them a few times. Pretty decent.. not perfects though. Their site got shut down though

Edit: oh loading now again for some reason. Definitely Jomzajung.

• oceanmotion 11 May 2010 14:52:53 16,082 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any other places to get the World Cup shirts cheaper than usual ?
  • Deleted user 11 May 2010 14:54:42
    Nothing loading for me. :(
  • MiniAmin 11 May 2010 15:23:18 3,480 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    bornprosper.com is working now
  • oceanmotion 11 May 2010 17:32:56 16,082 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MiniAmin wrote:
    bornprosper.com is working now

Cool, just ordered for my mates birthday and myself. Fuck paying 45 :D
  • MrDigital 11 May 2010 17:37:26 1,866 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Let us know how it goes WooHoo :)

• oceanmotion 11 May 2010 17:43:59 16,082 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Will do, whenever it turns up /o\
  • MrDigital 23 May 2010 17:13:34 1,866 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Turned up yet dude?

• Ivefoundgod 23 May 2010 18:47:07 563 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone got recieved any of these jerseys yet? I'm thinking about picking up one for the world cup, unfortunately almost all the jerseys are medium to extra large and judging by the size guide a small would fit me.
  • Majima 23 May 2010 18:58:46 175 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    they're fine, got a few shirts from there and will be ordering another few once they got some serbia in stock =)
  • ElNuevo9 24 May 2010 00:58:06 13,542 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just to let you know, these shirts are fakes. They're quite good, and not many people could tell the difference, but they're fake nontheless.

Just a heads up if anyone is after the genuine article.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• motti82 24 May 2010 08:31:45 2,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got some off the Jomzajung site 2 years ago for the Euros, and they were legit looking to me. They can have some dodgy ones that get sent out from other forums that I go on, but for International kits, they are great and most importantly, cheap.

To get an idea of kits, go to JJB Sports or Sports Soccer, find a similar kit by said manufacturer and then order that size. Can't usually go wrong with XL :)
  • shellyagal 28 May 2010 13:31:23 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am a regular online frugal shopper and mostly use cash back portals like Bing, ShopAtHome, AAfter Search and Ebates.
  • Harmonica 28 May 2010 13:38:59 967 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I case anyone is on the fence I can vouch for bornprosper offering up near-as-damnit perfect shirts, which must be seconds as good as they are. Have ordered prem and international kits from them before. The materials, cut and logos are all exactly right. Nobody else would think they are fakes. The only differences you sometimes spot are like lack of elastic in hems and the like. For nike shirts, their sizes are the same as the UK. Umbro you might want to go a size bigger. I usually just go M.

ElNino9 wrote:
    Just a heads up if anyone is after the genuine article.

The thing is though, there's barely any difference quality wise between fakes and the real shirts. It mostly comes down to the wearer having the knowledge of what he's wearing, just like designer labels.

Footie shirts sure as hell don't cost 40 to make (they don't cost 8 either but that's a much smaller profit margin), they've always been disgustingly marked up, just like seat prices.

Anyone ordered the England away from bornprosper and chosen the ENGLAND 09-11 lettering? I want to know if that's the same font they use on the real shirts, or not - and whether they put a squad number on the front of the shirt or not. PM me if you don't want to post about it on the forum.

• Deleted user 28 May 2010 13:40:59
    I've ordered an Italy top. Worth a punt at that price. I'll report back on the quality when it arrives.
  • Trowel 28 May 2010 13:46:26 18,016 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks for the random bump - France away is coming my way.
  • TakeTheVeil 28 May 2010 13:52:27 5,058 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hope you got "CUNT" and whatever number Henry is on the back.

I've used Bestway/Jomzajung/Bornproser before but went with Soccer Triads this time. Wanted to New Zealand jersey (my adopted WC team).

If it goes well i'll pick up a few more, Holland Away, Japan and Korea Home too probably
  • oceanmotion 28 May 2010 13:56:33 16,082 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mine hasn't arrived yet, must take ages to get here with the standard postage.

Went for the Spain one. Comparing the sizes on the site with one here, a M size is about an XL here. Have to wait and see if that's true.
  • MrDigital 28 May 2010 14:00:11 1,866 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well with all the positive feedback, it would seem although it's taking a while, you have nothing to worry about, WooHoo. After you get your shirt I'll go ahead and buy one, as soon as I know which size to buy :)

P.S. I know Americans are generally fatter, but US M = UK XL? Surely they aren't that big.

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous