General complaints about CEX Page 2

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• dutchspeededup 5 May 2010 22:35:25 4,368 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't mind the one in Edinburgh, but the prices are shite.

• MrDigital 5 May 2010 22:39:54 1,866 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just about to say that (you tosser... :p). There was one guy who got on my tits when I went in there, but it looked more to do with the fact he was depressed about the whole bleak situation, which is fair enough.

Also there was a cute foreign lass working in there who kept profusely apologising for making tiny mistakes, she was lovely :)

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• YoshiMcTaggis 5 May 2010 22:48:54 2,452 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    To all those that have been to Kingston CEX without proper queuing supplies (sandwiches, drinks, tent) and some nose plugs, I am sorry.
  • PinkSpider 5 May 2010 22:49:56 3,346 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cheeky_Grizzly wrote:
    CEX in Hull is Hot, no air con, pretty scruffy but that is management's fault . Their website is brilliant as it tells you the the high trade in price of games which i then tell Gamestation to give me 1 more:).
    Most staff are very helpful if not a little 'different' and their 1 year gurantee means i'd trust them buying a pre owned laptop before anyone else.
    I was in there this week and the atractive busty girl behind the counter was so thrilled i traded in Disney's Atlantis she'd been waiting for ( for more manly Miami Vice i should add ) that i was enthralled . o_O If you read this by the way girl from Hull who likes Milo Thatch ... you're cute ;)
    I haven't been in for a while, but I think I know who you mean...

Also; the reason I haven't been in was trying to buy Civ IV 6 months ago (for 4!) took around half an hour.
  • Raiko101 5 May 2010 23:11:25 5,547 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I went into CEX late last year, to ask about wireless guitar controllers on the 360. They bought out two for me to look at, which were both in pretty good condition. However, I didn't buy it through a misunderstanding with a mate on the phone while I waited for them to get into town. 10 minutes later a friend goes in to buy one and he's told they only have 1 wired guitar controller and nothing else. Apparently it was covered in peeled stickers and was pretty yellow.

Anyways, we come and meet him 10 minutes later and the very same guy who told our mate they only had a single wired controller tries to claim that the two guitars he had shown us were sold moments before. Then he stupidly asks a colleage if there are any more guitars left and that guy walks off, returning with, seemingly, the same two wireless guitars we were shown earlier. The lying turd..

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• mingster 5 May 2010 23:23:43 3,267 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cex Offender is a brilliant alias.
    absolute genius.
  • rickalish 5 May 2010 23:26:46 1,777 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    sargeant_cexfile wrote:
    I'd like to kick this thread off by saying that I've worked for CEX for quite a few years and have noticed a trend for people complaining in various forums about the company.I'd like to create one unified thread for all of your rants about CEX.

Hopefully I can answer or contribute with some honest observations from an employee, rather than the usual corporate fluff designed to make your case look like an isolated incident whilst simultaneously trying to make a fool of you.

Let me finish by saying if you think being a CEX customer is a bad experience (believe me I know it is) then imagine how badly they treat employees!

You could lose your job if they find out about this. Gross misconduct surely!?

• mingster 5 May 2010 23:34:38 3,267 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    rickalish wrote:
    sargeant_cexfile wrote:
    I'd like to kick this thread off by saying that I've worked for CEX for quite a few years and have noticed a trend for people complaining in various forums about the company.I'd like to create one unified thread for all of your rants about CEX.

Hopefully I can answer or contribute with some honest observations from an employee, rather than the usual corporate fluff designed to make your case look like an isolated incident whilst simultaneously trying to make a fool of you.

Let me finish by saying if you think being a CEX customer is a bad experience (believe me I know it is) then imagine how badly they treat employees!

yup i reckon this as well unless you are PR person for CEX this would be a sackable offence if they worked out who you are.
  • mingster 5 May 2010 23:35:41 3,267 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    rickalish wrote:
    sargeant_cexfile wrote:

yup i reckon this as well unless you are PR person for CEX this would be a sackable offence if they worked out who you are.

not that being sacked for being a cex offender is a major CV breaker.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 5 May 2010 23:36:48 7,767 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    how would they work out who he was?
  • rickalish 5 May 2010 23:41:06 1,777 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    how would they work out who he was?

Leaving his EG account logged onto his work PC might be a give-away. ;)
  • mingster 5 May 2010 23:44:08 3,267 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Widge Moderator 7 May 2010 15:45:49 12,603 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    turingsway wrote:
    I'll second Manchester...both of them.

Manchester Pic CEX was HONKING last summer when I went in, absolutely awful. When I went in to get my TV recently it was fine though. The Arndale one is dead hot but the guys in there have always helped me, spending ages scanning through my niche CDs, getting them loaded to the system and giving me DOSH.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Zerobob 7 May 2010 16:04:30 1,602 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I gathered together a few old PS2 games to sell, headed into town (Newcastle) only for CEX to tell me they'd run out of cash. Great.
  • Widge Moderator 7 May 2010 19:14:58 12,603 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My key was going for the trade credit. Ok, their stuff costs the same price as new but effectively I'm getting something I want for a load of stuff I don't. Got rid of my unused CD collection, now have a 26" LCD and a load more cupboard space. Plus much easier than going for the Ebay route. I was going to put a "30, come get them" ad on there, I've amassed 260 at CEX so far now.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• MrDigital 21 May 2010 19:56:07 1,866 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Has anyone had experience with making use of the GameStation price trade in matching policy at Cex? The guy at Gamestation says they should be happy enough to print out a receipt with a quote, but I'm wary, and he looked stoned...

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• PazJohnMitch 21 May 2010 20:02:11 7,276 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bought Wii Speak from CEX. It was only 4 so what could possibly go wrong? Well turns out they come with a single use code which obviously CEX did not supply. So essentially they are charging money for something that does not actually work.
  • banjoted 21 May 2010 20:50:23 1,500 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm pretty sure you can buy those codes off Nintendo
  • crwoody 21 May 2010 22:15:26 2,553 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Everytime I've tired to sell to CEX,tThey have had no money.

But, on the bright side, most times I've been into CEX they have the Final Fantasy 7 soundtrack playing.
  • Stringer_Bell 23 May 2010 12:02:49 190 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Arndale one is dead hot but the guys in there have always helped me, spending ages scanning through my niche CDs, getting them loaded to the system and giving me DOSH.

I don't know why but something sounds very homoerotic about that.

'There's no cure for being a c***' - Bronn

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2010 07:48:06 3,788 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Every single employee in the Manchester Arndale CEX looks like a victim from an horrific accident in a foundry. Metal through their faces, huge holes in their ears. I might be getting old now at 30 but boring big holes in your ears until they droop is the work of a prize cunt.

Still, compared to the creatures that work in Gamestation, especially the fat bird who thinks shes 'cool' or the one with pink hair that constantly has crusty snot in and around her nostrils through some kind of ear piercing trauma, the CEX crew look great.

Finally, allow me to mention the fuckwit that GAME have decided to employ, he's a reasonably normal 18-20 stone young fellow whose decided to attention whore the living shit out of his head by having a large green mohican. What a tragedy.

YOU ARE ALL TWATS!

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• ZuluHero 27 May 2010 08:41:08 3,668 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I dunno, the CEX in Leamington has some pretty nice girls working there. I kinda feel sorry for them when the unwashed come in and dump a bin-bag full of nicotine stained dvd's and ps2 games on them asking for "cash".

The store itself is actually ok, light and airy, but then its only really been open for 5 minutes.
  • Nath_monn 27 May 2010 09:06:10 115 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I tried to sell my phone to cex, the piss weasle testing it told me I'll take it in as a B grade just pop back in an hour, so I killed time in hanley (which is a painful task) and headed back, to be told an hour later "sorry your phone has failed, it got a loose stylus" I asked the guy, has it, has it really? I shook it as hard as I could, to the point where I sprained my arms, and the stylus remained in it's little slot. Ok so I proved he's failing it on a shit basis, and asked can it not just be taken it on a lower band? "no once it's failed it's failed" what a gimp. Anywho I went back the next day and his collegue took it in as a B grade :)

Nath monn 1 - cex 0
  • anephric 2 Jun 2010 19:08:20 70 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have no problem with most of the staff in my local CEXes. It must be a shit job, dealing with the pond scum that come crawling in trying to sell stolen stuff, and they're always nice enough to me, once you finally get served. It wouldn't take much to pump some Neutradol through the place, though.

I can't argue with some of the silly credit they've given me for knackered old consoles and peripherals either.
  • heyyo 2 Jun 2010 19:44:45 14,374 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nath_monn wrote:
    I tried to sell my phone to cex, the piss weasle testing it told me I'll take it in as a B grade just pop back in an hour, so I killed time in hanley (which is a painful task) and headed back, to be told an hour later "sorry your phone has failed, it got a loose stylus" I asked the guy, has it, has it really? I shook it as hard as I could, to the point where I sprained my arms, and the stylus remained in it's little slot. Ok so I proved he's failing it on a shit basis, and asked can it not just be taken it on a lower band? "no once it's failed it's failed" what a gimp. Anywho I went back the next day and his collegue took it in as a B grade :)

Nath monn 1 - cex 0

My dad had a brand new unlocked Samsung Tocco Lite, brand brand brand new sealed box and everything (unwanted upgrade) this time last year. He took it to CeX and got cash for it, I checked the amount on the website and it was the B-grade price.

I went to the store the same day and was all like "wtf mate" they told me it had a visable scratch on the back, puzzled (remember they took the thing NEW, they didn't even have to touch the phone just open the sealed box to check it wasn't fraud actions) I looked and guess what? It still had the fucking backing plastic from the factory on it. No scratches.

I was very annoyed. EVEN IF it had a minor scratch on the back (not the screen!) there's no way it should drop from A grade. I wouldn't leave the shop until they showed me a A grade phone - surprise surprise they pulled out random phone with backing plastic on it. I asked them what was the difference between that quality and mine of identical factory sealing... they gave me a free game as compensation.

Bunch of fucking crooks, best to sell stuff on eBay.
  • Page

of 10 First / Last