General complaints about CEX Page 8

• Page

of 12 First / Last

• Grax 17 Sep 2013 13:17:27 2,296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @PazJohnMitch I finished I now need my mind scrubbed for the last half hour of my life otherwise I will be tormented forever by what I just "read"
  • Deleted user 17 September 2013 13:17:34
    CeX are what they are. Like many things (cash converters, Music Magpie etc) they're there for people's convenience. If you prefer to go to more trouble not to use them, then that's your prerogative.
  • FanBoysSuck 17 Sep 2013 13:21:08 1,540 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seems like those 20 years in tech didn't include the ability to use a spelling/grammar checker.

For the emperor!

• PazJohnMitch 17 Sep 2013 13:21:51 8,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Grax

Ha ha.

Your message genuinely made my laugh!

Good look forgetting. He made Vizzizi seem interesting!
  • TarickStonefire 17 Sep 2013 20:20:13 3,429 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    seantaylor wrote:
    let me first start and say i have been dealing with Tech for over 20 years and never seen such a poor excuse for a company as cex their prices are too high for second hand goods you are better buying the good new and you get a correct refund policy and the good will work as stated.i recently brought a blackberry 9630 from cex tooting and it started to play up getting hot when charging cutting radio off during a call i returned it to store asking for a refund under sales of goods act all customers are entitled to a refund if they product doesnt conform or operate as its supposed to . sisince the store is run by kids who have no tech training wots so ever and have no idea when someone like myself explains the fault. said oh we dont do refunds we have the book the item in for testing?????
    as the item was only brought on the 12th of this month but still the sales of goods act is in places cex doesnt seem to follow this and they seem to be immune from this
    for a company that employs kids and doesnt even bother training them maybe for a day in a class room.
    the customer services is appalling they even removed the phone number probally as they were getting too many phone complaints the prices are just too high maybe they should invest in training and sort and their prices
    Guys and girls end of the day avoid cex they have no idea what they are doing they have no tech knowledge
    Yes but what are they like for games? Specifically euro games.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• PrivateFloyd 6 Oct 2013 22:31:21 4,189 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Question all.

On CEX's website it says they will buy GTAV ps3 off me for 36 cash.

I presume that will be the same in store?

After i have bought some hand sanitiser that's 35!!

Goat is hungry.....

• Deleted user 6 October 2013 22:36:02
    Post deleted
  • ashfov 6 Oct 2013 22:55:59 33 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    Question all.

On CEX's website it says they will buy GTAV ps3 off me for 36 cash.

I presume that will be the same in store?

After i have bought some hand sanitiser that's 35!!

Yep...that GTA5 price has been up and down all over the place the last week though. The highest I saw it was 42 mid last week and the current 36 is the lowest I've seen. It has been 36 before and gone back up to 40. CEX to appear to modify their buy in prices very regularly.
  • PrivateFloyd 6 Oct 2013 23:08:43 4,189 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ashfov

Cheers bud.

Off to cex I go tomorrow morning.

Goat is hungry.....

• ashfov 6 Oct 2013 23:12:25 33 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    @ashfov

Cheers bud.

Off to cex I go tomorrow morning.
    Me as well....Zombi U is only 8 :)
  • superdelphinus 7 Oct 2013 00:15:32 8,126 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I peer into cex like it's a zoo
  • Deleted user 7 October 2013 00:19:34
    I kind of like CEX, there's something old school about it.
  • Futaba 7 Oct 2013 01:20:05 3,538 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I used to get some good bargains in CEX years ago before I switched to using amazon almost exclusively. Much preferred them to GAME and their trade-in prices were usually better too.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• jonsaan 7 Oct 2013 07:50:54 25,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As minging as they can be, at least they sell games. Without them it would be Game and not a lot else..

FCUTA!

• rockavitch 7 Oct 2013 08:45:22 379 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My partner got Skyrim for me last week for a fiver because, in her words, the spotty guy with glasses who smelt like a "melted shoe" said she was cute...

Jokingly said "great now I've got competition" but she assured me I'm a pair of Adidas while he's a 2.99 pair from Tesco.

Still got the game for a low price so I might send her to get me games from now on.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• ashfov 7 Oct 2013 10:36:51 33 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    rockavitch wrote:
    My partner got Skyrim for me last week for a fiver because, in her words, the spotty guy with glasses who smelt like a "melted shoe" said she was cute...

Jokingly said "great now I've got competition" but she assured me I'm a pair of Adidas while he's a 2.99 pair from Tesco.

Still got the game for a low price so I might send her to get me games from now on.

The correct terminology for said footwear is Tesco Tearaway Pumps! Thank me later. :)
  • evilvort3x 27 Oct 2013 08:41:18 513 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CEX isnt the worse place.. yes some games are overpriced but for older titles its a decent place to go and as jonsaan said not many places left on the high street selling game anymore.
  • BizarreK 9 Nov 2013 15:10:46 66 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got home only to find my Bioshock Infinite PS3 disc was a promo copy despite picking up a full retail box. They showed me the reverse which was fine but I hadn't realized it was a promo.

Are the promo versions 100% complete? As in all the campaign etc...

Edited by BizarreK at 15:12:02 09-11-2013
  • FuzzyDuck 9 Nov 2013 15:34:16 4,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @BizarreK

From experience of working in Gamestop for a few years (incidentally, fucking kill me if I ever have to work in an environment like that again) in both buying, selling and even receiving the (very) occasional promo copy from the distributors, yeah that should be the complete game.
  • FanBoysSuck 9 Nov 2013 15:39:15 1,540 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BizarreK wrote:
    Got home only to find my Bioshock Infinite PS3 disc was a promo copy despite picking up a full retail box. They showed me the reverse which was fine but I hadn't realized it was a promo.

Are the promo versions 100% complete? As in all the campaign etc...

Edited by BizarreK at 15:12:02 09-11-2013
    Yup, just different print on the disc.

For the emperor!

• Deckard2 9 Nov 2013 15:46:18 3,674 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can't sell them on though, so bear that in mind
  • FuzzyDuck 9 Nov 2013 16:00:09 4,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    YoshiMcTaggis wrote:
    Can't sell them on though, so bear that in mind
    Except you clearly can if he's buying it from a second hand shop.
  • Deckard2 9 Nov 2013 16:15:23 3,674 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can't sell them on if selling to someone who actually checks the disc, captain fucking pedantic
  • FuzzyDuck 9 Nov 2013 16:36:43 4,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Big difference in "can't sell them on" and "can't sell them on to someone who's fussy about the label on the disc", captain fucking say what you actually mean.
  • Deckard2 9 Nov 2013 16:51:32 3,674 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well they say NOT TO BE SOLD on them, is that clear enough?
  • FuzzyDuck 9 Nov 2013 17:27:22 4,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As does pretty much every other CD, DVD and game in existence if you look at the disc closely, but it (rightly) doesn't stop anyone.

As I said, I worked my way through Uni in one of these shitehole shops, no one on either side of the till paid a blind bit of heed to bundle or promo copy "restrictions".
  • Deckard2 9 Nov 2013 17:31:42 3,674 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just trying to save someone the hassle of selling it, Jesus next time I won't bother if the arsehole squad are going to jump on me
  • danathjo 9 Nov 2013 17:36:10 7,516 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Personally i'd be pissed if I found out they gave me the promo disc instead of the legit retail copy, it will be the full proper game though BizarreK
  • danathjo 9 Nov 2013 17:40:43 7,516 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    As does pretty much every other CD, DVD and game in existence if you look at the disc closely, but it (rightly) doesn't stop anyone.
    Never noticed this, where about is this on a regular retail disc?
  • Page

of 12 First / Last