General complaints about CEX Page 7

• Page

of 12 First / Last

• heyyo 31 Dec 2012 17:30:11 14,369 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    Though I guess it at least means you get a good price when selling hardware to them.
    Nah, it just means they get a bigger cut...
  • lordofdeadside 31 Dec 2012 19:03:19 1,162 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have had it with them, today was the last time. I'll just pay more at HMV or game in future.

The usual 30 min queue for 2 tills with 6 other staff member milling round, pretty standard. I traded in a couple of games for borderlands 2, all fine until I checked the disc, still at the till, and surprise surprise it was almost entirely covered in gouges and scratches. They cleaned it (as it was the last one) which took another 10 mins by the time they'd been bothered to fetch the disc. Still a few fairly deep Pits on the surface so I asked for a refund. Que a massive saga involving two staff members and the manager, apparently because I'd signed to trade in my games, I'd "usually" have to take borderlands, but as a "goodwill gesture" they'd refund. Ridiculous. Total time: over an hour in that stinky hellhole.
  • Deleted user 31 December 2012 19:43:36
    Cex are awesome. Always pay me in cash more than other shops give credit.
  • Deleted user 7 February 2013 15:49:43
    Didn't CEX used to give you a little chit telling you how much you were trading in? I went in today to get prices to compare against GAME, as GAME are offering 1 per title more than any other store. After queuing and getting the price from CEX, they refused to print out the receipt. Meaning GAME won't beat the price after all. And fuck exchanging for credit in CEX

Stupidly the price CEX offered is exactly what they price online too, but GAME will only give the price guarantee against real high street prices, not ones from "online".

Feeling tremendously dirty from having to queue in CEX for an hour this lunchtime :-(
  • Deleted user 7 February 2013 15:53:09
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Theres a good chance you have herpes now.
    Probably accurate
  • imamazed 7 Feb 2013 15:58:30 5,948 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rhythm wrote:

Feeling tremendously dirty from having to queue in CEX for an hour this lunchtime :-(
    Not worth 1
  • BigOrkWaaagh 7 Feb 2013 16:00:20 2,300 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rhythm That's odd. I always show up in Game with my phone on the CEX website, and they accept it.
  • ShanAlixander 19 Feb 2013 18:41:25 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The CeX where i live is amazing! it never smells bad like everyone here is saying, infact, it smells good if i'm being perfectly honest. the staff there are awesome too! and yeah, the queues are annoyingly long and slow moving but apart from that, it's my favourite shop to buy all my games and anime. thr CeX in Dundee, Scotland is freaking awesome!
  • joeymoto108 19 Feb 2013 18:48:29 659 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Are you the head of CEX by any chance?

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• PazJohnMitch 19 Feb 2013 19:13:12 8,723 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Or work at the Dundee branch?

Or fancy someone that works at the Dundee branch?
  • AaronTurner 4 Jul 2013 18:26:47 7,886 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Guy sorting out the shelf in cex with the worst bo ever, the only shelf I want to go to but it smells so so bad
  • RyanDS 4 Jul 2013 18:35:53 9,826 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What's a bo? I know it's a stick in martial arts, but I am sure that is not what you mean...
  • HoriZon 4 Jul 2013 18:36:26 13,596 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    One just opened in York (old Sony Centre) not long back it's quite big and seems clean enough loads of staff and they all seem useless.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Ashleyfiddes 4 Jul 2013 18:37:03 980 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BO body Oder cex is known for it the one in hounslow especially

Edited by Ashleyfiddes at 18:37:19 04-07-2013
  • superdelphinus 4 Jul 2013 18:42:03 8,125 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's also the type of sweaty gimpy boys that go in there too, not just the staff
  • HoriZon 4 Jul 2013 18:52:20 13,596 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Always found GameStaion worse tbh.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• jonsaan 4 Jul 2013 20:08:12 25,440 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My wife refuses to go in any CEX with me. She says they stink. How we suffer for our art eh?

FCUTA!

• wayneh 4 Jul 2013 20:19:29 2,394 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tried to trade a Galaxy S2 in CEX and they gave it a poor rating despite it being in mint condition, boxed etc. When I queried the rating I was told the screen is covered in tiny scratches. I can only assume they were using a bloody microscope as there isn't one single visible scratch on it! I took it home again.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• thelzdking 4 Jul 2013 20:37:56 4,413 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Being in CEX is like being in the job centre.
  • Gojiratron 9 Jul 2013 00:24:51 189 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RE: the Dundee branch, if memory serves it's on a corner and has 2 doors which gives it a BO-busting airflow through it. They should all follow that blueprint.
  • BizarreK 30 Aug 2013 17:30:01 66 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The new website design is SO crap!
  • Deleted user 30 August 2013 17:43:08
    Hate going in their really. Only do as a last resort. BO hits you like a brick to the face. They always have shite metal music on and usually whoever serves me has more holes in them than swiss cheese.
  • SamNunn92 1 Sep 2013 16:17:52 324 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I actually quite like CEX if you can get past the ubiquitous BO smell and shocking music choice. Picked up a few bargains there, and being in a fairly small town with limited second-hand game choice it's quite good. I also know that one of my friends managed to pick up Arkham City just after it came out, only someone at the store had priced it as Arkham Asylum so he got it for about 6. Slow staff are good for something I guess!
  • seantaylor 17 Sep 2013 13:06:49 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    let me first start and say i have been dealing with Tech for over 20 years and never seen such a poor excuse for a company as cex their prices are too high for second hand goods you are better buying the good new and you get a correct refund policy and the good will work as stated.i recently brought a blackberry 9630 from cex tooting and it started to play up getting hot when charging cutting radio off during a call i returned it to store asking for a refund under sales of goods act all customers are entitled to a refund if they product doesnt conform or operate as its supposed to . sisince the store is run by kids who have no tech training wots so ever and have no idea when someone like myself explains the fault. said oh we dont do refunds we have the book the item in for testing?????
    as the item was only brought on the 12th of this month but still the sales of goods act is in places cex doesnt seem to follow this and they seem to be immune from this
    for a company that employs kids and doesnt even bother training them maybe for a day in a class room.
    the customer services is appalling they even removed the phone number probally as they were getting too many phone complaints the prices are just too high maybe they should invest in training and sort and their prices
    Guys and girls end of the day avoid cex they have no idea what they are doing they have no tech knowledge
  • RyanDS 17 Sep 2013 13:11:40 9,826 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The shift key and paragraphs are your friend.

If you used them I may have been able to get past the first 3 lines of that rant without my eyes glazing over.
  • S.J.Rogers 17 Sep 2013 13:14:58 3,557 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I also gave up reading that text mess...
  • Grax 17 Sep 2013 13:16:06 2,296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @RyanDS be glad you stopped reading, it doesn't end well
  • PazJohnMitch 17 Sep 2013 13:16:19 8,723 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got to the forth line before quitting. What do I win?
  • Page

of 12 First / Last