General complaints about CEX Page 5

• Page

of 12 First / Last

• Lukey__b 23 Dec 2010 08:59:57 3,725 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Hahah... motherfucker. I just found out that my 52 CEX voucher expired on the 10th.

Ouch. What kind of voucher was that? They told me my trade in credit voucher lasted forever.

/wants to go home and check now

'Sup, what's guanine?

• Psychotext 23 Dec 2010 09:09:32 53,713 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trade in credit. Apparently they've now changed it so that recent vouchers are everlasting... but that doesn't help me. =/
  • Widge Moderator 23 Dec 2010 10:33:54 13,211 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Give it a try on the offchance?

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• terminalterror 23 Dec 2010 10:35:09 18,937 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My one from earlier this year expires in 3010 (which is presumably their way of not having it expire without the hassle of changing their receipt format).
  • Load_2.0 23 Dec 2010 10:38:51 18,734 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    whoyouknow wrote:
    There's a lot of Manchester residents on this board. This pleases me.

I've never had a problem with CEX - got the DJ Hero kit from there 6 months ago, sealed, boxed, for 35 or something daft. The only time I saw something that might have put me off is some guy in the sale queue had a spider the size of a tarantula on his jacket and everyone lost their shit. He ended up stamping it to death because this women went mental and wouldn't stop screaming. I didn't need to see that when I'm just trying to offload Splinter Cell Conviction.

I forgot the point I was trying to make. But I'm fairly sure the gist of it was that CEX is fine most of the time.

Oh, and the time I did go in there and the spider got loose, I tried to swap Splinter Cell for ACII and Hitman Blood Money, and the kid couldn't find the cases - and he told me that people come in, steal the blank cases, put a blank DVD in so the weight/shake is right, seal them up, and try and unload them at boot sales and at other used games places. So if anyone's a bit short on cash, apparently that's a pleasant little sideline.

Haha! This is my favourite CEX story. :D
  • andytheadequate 23 Dec 2010 12:59:01 8,065 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I bought some MS points from CEX online (before you judge, my mate gave me a 6 voucher and that's all I could think of that I wanted).

When it arrived it the actual card was missing from the box!

Fucking idiots. Such incompetence.
  • lordofdeadside 26 Mar 2011 12:14:59 1,094 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just got back from trading a few games in, the staff seem go out of their way to make it an unpleasant experience as possible. Today they didn't open till 9:40, the shop stank, played incredibly loud thrash metal and had a queue immediately. Coupled with half the staff wandering round aimlessly and the two serving seemingly in stasis, the first four customers had to wait 30 mins to be served. Bastards.
  • richarddavies 26 Mar 2011 12:26:31 2,580 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My other half tried buying a dvd for the kids from CEX last week. There were 4 people behind the till and only 1 was serving. The other 3 were just chatting away with each other while the queue was nearly going out the door. Bunch of dickheads.
  • Kosmoz 26 Mar 2011 12:32:32 7,563 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone pull them up or does everyone just wait?

I don't have a CEX so I have no idea.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• dutchspeededup 26 Mar 2011 12:33:53 4,375 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If the Edinburgh store is anything to go by, everyone just waits.
  • Deleted user 27 April 2011 14:44:08
    Just bought Super Street fighter for teh 360 from these guys and seem to have gotton a few free sprinkles of cocaine, lol.

Could be speed I suppose.
  • andytheadequate 27 Apr 2011 15:14:52 8,065 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    If the Edinburgh store is anything to go by, everyone just waits.

The sensible people just stop shopping there...

@crispy- Cocaine might just have been an extra in the special edition? Was it Ryu flavoured?
  • Deleted user 27 April 2011 15:16:12
    Baking soda flavored of course.

First time if been in one, rather pikey aren't they?
  • time4heroes 15 May 2011 23:10:42 40 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some smug little git in my one... Went to trade in a game one day and he asked me for my passport , but i did'nt have it cos i wasnt aware and other game shops dont ask, anywho, i replied i didnt have one and he gave me some smug little grin and said well u need it, like he had the authority of a police officer!! I just felt like chinning him one!
    What made it worse was the que ,with one serving and another few chatting! Blah...

PSN: Time4Heroes

• time4heroes 15 May 2011 23:12:04 40 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    Just bought Super Street fighter for teh 360 from these guys and seem to have gotton a few free sprinkles of cocaine, lol.

Could be speed I suppose.
    Bonus! I thought i was lucky getting the tobbaco pieces inside mine! :-(

• LionheartDJH 15 May 2011 23:13:10 19,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah the queues are generally crap, and the staff can be less than helpful. However you do need some photo ID if you want to get cash from any store, and if it's your first time in CEX then you need it to set up an account to trade stuff in the first place. That guy might have been a bit of a twat, but he was speaking the truth.

She dives for cheese pasties

• time4heroes 15 May 2011 23:16:53 40 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Yeah the queues are generally crap, and the staff can be less than helpful. However you do need some photo ID if you want to get cash from any store, and if it's your first time in CEX then you need it to set up an account to trade stuff in the first place. That guy might have been a bit of a twat, but he was speaking the truth.
    Ahh fair enough , doing his job i guess, but it was just the look he gave me lol

• Deleted user 22 July 2011 16:29:27
    CEX LOL keeping society in heroin.

Just been waiting behind this fat lass she was sweating like a bitch, twitchy as fuck and gets out of her bag 101+ million DVD box sets, e.g. SHarpe, Cagney and Lacey, Hornblower and only fools and horses. Shes blatnatly robbed some poor oldies home given the DVD selection.

The kid on teh counter goes have you got any i.d. ? She goes nah and I aint got no bank account proof of idea either as she doesnt ahve a bank account, he says he cant give her cash then.

Cue much swearing screaming, spitting and counter kicking.

In my oppinion CEX should just do trade as these druggie fuckers wanting cash for a smack fix really drag the whole place down.
  • just4funUK 3 Aug 2011 20:21:48 570 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I must of been lucky then so far I have had pretty good service off them.

Got a Dell streak traded in 150 worth of games towards it
    Purchased a 32GB memory card for it tried filling it just to check it was 32GB(it was not) But they gave me a full refund no problem the next day.

Took approx 30 games into Gamestation they where running an special offer were they would give the same price for trade/cash. They offered me 65 took the same games to CEX they offered 140 store credit 90 cash. There should be a Gamestation/Game rip off thread.

As I wanted something off the CEX online store I took the cash as didn't like one of there rules they have listed on the site that they can refuse to take vouchers against items as part or full payment.

• Tonka 4 Aug 2011 07:57:51 19,994 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    time4heroes wrote:

Ahh fair enough , doing his job i guess, but it was just the look he gave me lol

I'm doing some research on on-line language and it would be of great help to me if you explained why you chose to end that sentence with a lol.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Cadence 4 Aug 2011 08:59:38 1,672 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice one espibara, your post really cheered up an otherwise tedious bus ride to work!
  • scholesey1 7 Sep 2011 18:03:11 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just went into CEX in Gloucester to sell a blackberry bold which i researched online and it says that they pay upto 122 for. I upgraded my phone last week and this one is now spare, very good condition etc. The little Oik behind the counter said the screen has been replaced which it hasnt as I had it from the sealed box 12 mths ago and then he said that because you can see the edges of the screen (corners) it means the screens going to break soon and he wont take it. I went into two repair shops worried that this phone is faulty and all they did was laugh as the stupid pillock didnt know what he was talking about. I will not be going there again and will stick to trusted ebay in future
  • Pinky_Floyd 7 Sep 2011 18:12:06 7,243 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heheh. They refused to trade in any of my DS carts which rattled on shaking. I would say 50 percent of the 20 or so carts i owned rattled. Never had an issue with any of them and they rattled when i bought them new. Is rattling the new rrod?
  • midnight_walker 8 Sep 2011 15:51:06 1,819 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hate CEX. Took a pristine ipod touch in which they offered me Grade A payment for. Left it for an hour for testing and they said they could only offer me Grade B because the back was scuffed. To clarify, the ipod had come out of its box and immediately placed into a jelly case where it had lived its life. I take it to them and within the hour they had made it look like I had dragged it to the shop on a piece of string. I wanted to jump over the counter and jab a fork in the eyes of the counter monkey, but fortunately the guy above them is a friend of mine and he sorted me out.

I FUCKING hate the sly little cunts. It's a shame because I used to love it back in the 90s when it wasn't a complete rip off.
  • Deleted user 20 September 2011 18:13:09
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    The Rathbone Place one in London had a very attractive girl in it last time I was there.
    There's nearly always one or two in there :) Always liked that branch of CEX. Looks alright in there, the music they play in there is good for the most part, I always get served by people that actually know what they're talking about and despite the queues I've never had to wait for a long time to get served. Been shopping in there since 1994 and in all that time can only remember two workers that were knobheads!

A new branch opened up in Bexleyheath which I used a couple of months ago, and seemed ok in there, no complaints. In fact the person that served me was very helpful :)
  • mal 20 Sep 2011 18:25:51 22,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It was in CEX that I discovered that to sell an 18 rated game you actually need to be 18 yourself. The girl behind the counter apparently wasn't, and had to get her colleague to put it through the till.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• MMMarmite 20 Sep 2011 19:16:09 971 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mal wrote:
    It was in CEX that I discovered that to sell an 18 rated game you actually need to be 18 yourself.
    You don't have to be, but most shops encourage it to avoid fines etc...

I must say I've never seen a CEX on my local high street, just crummy looking Cash Converters.
  • caligari 20 Sep 2011 19:31:21 16,974 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Today I used the new CEX in Naaaarwich for the first time.

11 for a couple of DVD boxsets that would have ended up costing me the Earth to post (if I'd sold them through Amazon / Play).

I have to admit that I was impressed with the shop and staff - apart from the fact that they turned off a Paul Simon tune JUST when it was getting to the good bit.

edit: also, I didn't need photo ID to set up my account - just a debit card.
  • Widge Moderator 20 Sep 2011 19:32:28 13,211 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cex gave me £100 for 2 x CPUs which I spent ages getting some pins bent back into shape

Bless EM

And new 1080p led monitor for me

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Folant 20 Sep 2011 19:40:02 1,161 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I live in Edmonton, a shit hole in North London. You lot must live in the fucking slums or something, because the Edmonton store, while small, is pretty good. Was in there just this morning. (Got Divinity 2 DKS).
    Good store layout, polite and friendly staff, no nose cringing odours, usual music you'd expect playing, etc..

If a ghetto like Edmonton can have a good store, you guys must seriously live in a fucking wasteland, Mad Max stylee.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Page

of 12 First / Last