of 77 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 4 May 2010 13:22:51
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/pes-2011-announced-detailed

Might as well make a thread
  • LFMartins 4 May 2010 13:24:31 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Master League Online could be amazing, if it works well. I think EA was also trying to do a Manager Mode online for this year´s FIFA.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2010 13:26:35
    Just posted my disagreement with online ML in the article. As long as there's an offline mode I'll be happy
  • SolidSCB 4 May 2010 13:28:46 6,387 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    /remembers PES4
    /looks at PES now
    /sheds tear
  • Gartt 4 May 2010 13:32:47 1,735 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds promising, but I will be picking up Fifa 11 on the basis of the World Cup game though and Ive pumped more hours into Fifa 10 than any footy game, clocked up about 600 matches overall.
    PES is going to have to be something very special to be anything more than a rent from me, but it sounds like theyre going in the right direction though.
  • ecureuil 4 May 2010 13:32:50 76,486 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This actually sounds like a genuine change for once. It could make or break the series.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2010 13:33:26
    Surely there would be an offline mode? Considering how dodgy PES' online side is.

I really hope they make as many changes as they say they're going to make. I've been playing FIFA with mates lately and it is just so much more fluid than PES. Still feels like pass, pass shoot though.

I think the demo will be the decider for me this year.
  • Gartt 4 May 2010 13:36:05 1,735 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bah99 wrote:
    I think the demo will be the decider for me this year.

I thought the PES demo was excellent for 2010 but when I played the full game I was very disapointed, the demo looked and played better. IMO.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2010 13:37:05
    bah99 wrote:
    Surely there would be an offline mode? Considering how dodgy PES' online side is.

I assume there will be but didn't see confirmation in the article - would be daft for Konami not to, I'm just worried that the changes to more online based play will piss me off.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2010 13:38:42
    I don't think you have to worry about there not being an offline ML. There will be.

And PES is still better than FIFA.
  • freedumb 5 May 2010 00:05:15 1,110 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cid wrote:

And PES is still better than FIFA.

Once people can manage to get past the outdated rigid animations, they'll see with extended play that PES is a far deeper, richly rewarding football game than FIFA; the latter's gloss and animations hide a deeply flawed game that doesn't play anything like real football.

I already think PES 2010 was the best version, if they just stuck a new animation system to that I'd be more than happy :)
  • Physically_Insane 5 May 2010 00:07:18 8,600 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I kind of agree with you.
  • ecureuil 5 May 2010 00:12:38 76,486 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PES2010 was still badly flawed, but the "realism" argument shouldn't come in to it. Neither game is better because it's more realistic.
  • Ivefoundgod 5 May 2010 00:44:03 560 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    freedumb wrote:

Once people can manage to get past the outdated rigid animations, they'll see with extended play that PES is a far deeper, richly rewarding football game than FIFA; the latter's gloss and animations hide a deeply flawed game that doesn't play anything like real football.

I already think PES 2010 was the best version, if they just stuck a new animation system to that I'd be more than happy :)

As a former PES fanboy I genuinely find it hard to believe that anyone can seriously think this. I would love for PES 11 to be better than FIFA but it's so far behind I just can't see it happening. I don't understand how anyone could say PES is currently better than FIFA(which plays a far better game than PES) unless you enjoy for the great drama that can be had playing PES.

I'm not tryin to troll here, just can't believe anyone still thinks FIFA plays a better game, can understand how you'd like it for other reasons but it certainly doesn't play better than FIFA.
  • ElNino9 5 May 2010 00:45:47 13,285 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    This actually sounds like a genuine change for once. It could make or break the series.

I refuse to get excited. Once bitten, twice shy...

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Shane86 5 May 2010 01:00:11 280 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They'll need to completely revamp the gameplay for me to be interested, fifa is streets ahead.
  • ecureuil 5 May 2010 01:01:33 76,486 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shane86 wrote:
    fifa is streets ahead.

It really isn't.
  • deem 5 May 2010 01:03:17 31,641 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    is
  • megastar 5 May 2010 01:04:09 17,132 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    is
  • ecureuil 5 May 2010 01:05:17 76,486 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whoa. Opinionsfail.
  • deem 5 May 2010 01:05:44 31,641 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dont
  • ElNino9 5 May 2010 01:09:10 13,285 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wouldn't say streets ahead. PES is meh and FIFA is quite good, but flawed like fuck.

I used to play PES nearly every day in the PS2 days. I don't even bother buying it now, and FIFA never manages to hold my interest for more than about two weeks.

I may even give them both a miss this year unless they're both radically improved...

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• megastar 5 May 2010 01:11:01 17,132 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was pro evo all the way up untill 2008, then FIFA kindve overtook by a long way.

I'll say this - if they sorth the ML out, put proper CL in there and put more options in terms of club management etc, and bring back a jazzed up version of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-IT5kg8nnI then I'll be interested.
  • dsmx 5 May 2010 01:13:33 7,555 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well on the PC the graphics are astonishing the close ups on the players when goals are scored are amazing, the fabric on the shirts folds as they move about the pitch in a realistic way, you see their eyes move, hell they even blink, the lighting is incredible and this is rather important players actually look like their real life counterparts.

I know FIFA plays better but FIFA has crap graphics and I find it so hard to play FIFA without thinking how bad the players look and in a lot of cases the fifa players look nothing like their real life counterparts.

Still when you get into PES2010 it's still fun to play and when you score goals with players who actually look like the real player it makes the experience so much better.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• deem 5 May 2010 01:15:47 31,641 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    and bring back a jazzed up version of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-IT5kg8nnI then I'll be interested.

Not before a jazzed up version of this i hope.
  • deem 5 May 2010 01:17:24 31,641 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    the fabric on the shirts folds as they move about the pitch in a realistic way, you see their eyes move, hell they even blink...

I know FIFA plays better but FIFA has crap graphics

/facepalm
  • Deleted user 5 May 2010 01:18:47
    deem wrote:
    megastar wrote:
    and bring back a jazzed up version of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-IT5kg8nnI then I'll be interested.

Not before a jazzed up version of this i hope.

why have I never heard either of these gems? They must have been hidden pretty well in the game for me tohave missed, or were they in Winning Eleven?
  • dsmx 5 May 2010 01:18:57 7,555 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    deem wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    the fabric on the shirts folds as they move about the pitch in a realistic way, you see their eyes move, hell they even blink...

I know FIFA plays better but FIFA has crap graphics

/facepalm

Way to ignore what I posted a bit later.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Page

of 77 First / Last

Previous