Guild Wars 2 Page 75

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• WinterSnowblind 28 May 2013 15:55:13 1,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @MrTomFTW Most of them level you up to 80 and the rewards you get tend to be very good. One of the rewards for completing a set amount of achievements at the moment is an ascended backpiece.

And you get a 200% bonus to your magic find while on the island at the moment. Might as well take advantage while you can and get some leveling done.
  • Tryhard 28 May 2013 16:34:22 4,025 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just a warning though,if you are not 80 and going to Southsun,remember your weapons and armour are not level 80 even though your skills etc have been maxed.So you are at a disadvantage to everyone else who is.With that in mind try and stay in a group of randoms,which isn't hard as the place is packed.And try and keep only one enemy in your vicinity.

I tend to only take my level 80 warrior to Southsun as things can get ugly pretty quickly if two vet Giant Karka's jump your group.

Pick your route wisely and avoid contact as much as possible when traveling alone until you get a feel of the Karka attack pattern and how much damage they do to you,and how much you do back to them.
  • THFourteen 29 May 2013 07:56:52 33,616 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Started up a game yesterday as one of the tree looking folk, thinking it would make a good race for a ranger. OMG almost vomited on my screen. If there's one thing i hate more than anything in an MMO/RPG its overly bright green tree/wierd shit areas!

Quit that soon enough.

Restarted as a human ranger, and thats much better, back in the safe confines of villages and farms where nothing looks wierd.

not sure i particularly "get" the game yet though, there seems to be a lot happening around me and i'm confused by it, and the skills and combat seem to lack the "oomph" of GW1 as far as i remember (or maybe i am just thinking of neverwinter which i have been playing recently)

Also is it too much to ask for a bow? i dont want to stand around chucking axes like a gimp

Edited by THFourteen at 07:57:49 29-05-2013
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 29 May 2013 08:02:21 38,355 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hah, went to Southsun and got my arse kicked from pillar to post the entire time. I tried to take on the guy with all the mines and it was just too tough as he could kill me in 2 hits, I didn't get his health down more than half way.

And all the level 81 veteran and crazed enemies! Eeeesh. Hardly got any XP, but at least I got a level appropriate sceptre out of it.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• brokenkey 29 May 2013 09:32:05 7,059 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just reminder, if you are in the guild and see other members on line but on a different server, you can "guest" on to their server to join them whenever you like.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• THFourteen 30 May 2013 08:48:12 33,616 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Level 5 now and still no sign of a fecking bow.

Also all the quests i have left are level 6+ so i must have missed something, dunno what. I did the first couple of parts of the personal story too, even though it tried to make me stop because i wasn't high enough level...
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 30 May 2013 08:55:36 38,355 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You're meant to explore, take part in events, do some crafting and help those "heart" NPCs to level up between story missions.

A bow dropped for me last night. Shame I'm playing as a necro and can't use it :)

• THFourteen 30 May 2013 09:04:15 33,616 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Git :-)

Did all the heart missions in the starter areas. The events are a little confusing, think i might have done two but not sure, all of a sudden people start running around and there are swarms of bandits and you try and kill some but usually you aren't quick enough so other people kill them first.

Also not sure what the random chat messages "troll up" etc mean. I guess there is a troll somewhere.

Dont think i have access to crafting yet, although my bags are full of useless material
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 30 May 2013 09:24:02 38,355 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just go for a wander then, take a look on your map as each area is marked as appropriate for certain levels. There's plenty of stuff to stumble into.

Maybe search Divinities Reach for the asure gate to Lion's Arch? It's a non-combat zone where everyone hangs out. You can gain XP from just looking around and stuff.

• brokenkey 30 May 2013 09:38:07 7,059 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Crafting is crap. If you want a bow, stick in a low buy-order for what you want on the Trading Post. Or ask a guildie to post one to you.

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• RedSparrows 30 May 2013 10:00:47 22,899 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TH, add me - RedSparrows.5234. I can take you on a little tour.
  • brokenkey 30 May 2013 10:10:54 7,059 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TH, what's your name.number in the game?

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• THFourteen 30 May 2013 10:21:11 33,616 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its THFourteen.4137

Think i added you last night RedSparrows.

Just placed an order for a MIGHTY BOW @ 50 coppers on the AH. Dont want to over power myself now...
  • Tryhard 30 May 2013 15:21:03 4,025 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Had a great session in WvW about 10 kills.Turned Lich Form in amongst 20 enemies,and just when I thought the end was near reinforcements turned up and I survived.

In another battle we were outnumbered 2 to 1 but they fled over the cliff and into the water.My Necro Lich form seems to bring out courage in those who see it as a rally point at the frontline,and fear to the enemy as I tower above them.
  • Tryhard 31 May 2013 12:40:27 4,025 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I got up to level 5 in the new WvW leveling system and earned a chest which had 10 Karma jugs [hello 2 more pieces of exotic gear for my Necro], and 20 Mystic coins.Don't mind if I do.

My Necro Lich form works better in the chaos of mass battles than 1v1.It just stands in the enemy frontline smashing hell at them while allies pick up the pieces of my unholy power.
  • Benno 31 May 2013 13:05:09 9,933 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I still log on once a week for some WvW. I like how easy and quick it is to just my a commander and join in
  • brokenkey 31 May 2013 14:03:51 7,059 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    I got up to level 5 in the new WvW leveling system and earned a chest which had 10 Karma jugs [hello 2 more pieces of exotic gear for my Necro], and 20 Mystic coins.Don't mind if I do.

My Necro Lich form works better in the chaos of mass battles than 1v1.It just stands in the enemy frontline smashing hell at them while allies pick up the pieces of my unholy power.
    Where are you able to spend Karma in exchange for items?

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• Tryhard 31 May 2013 15:40:48 4,025 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Temple of Melandru Cursed shore sells exoctic armour and rings.

The leveling up chests in WvW also give you siege equipment blueprints.So far I have gained 106 badges of honour which you can use with laurels to get cheaper Ascended gear.I now have 637 WvW kills since launch.

Held a small castle walkway set up an arrow cart facing the gate that was getting battered.Someone set up another to my right.As our forces ran screaming past us we remained and fired our two arrow cart missiles into the 50 enemy players until they reached us.We had slowed their charge enough for our players to regroup and launch a successful counter attack.

Had an amazing Commander leading us to many victories.
  • hypoBla5t 31 May 2013 16:07:14 1,428 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not just Melandru, all the temples have exotic gear. Take a looky:

http://dulfy.net/2012/09/08/gw2-templegod-karma-armor-sets/

Some decent stuff there, though not a full set of rabid unfortunately :/
  • Tryhard 31 May 2013 17:50:55 4,025 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So the Germans held the wall of our garrison,about 20-30 in number.While we were in the courtyard.I turned into Lich Form and glided up the stairs right into the middle of them.Thankfully everyone else followed me up,and the enemy jumped over the walls and fled.

Every time I jump into Lich form the enemy just turns and runs.So much fun to see.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 31 May 2013 17:56:45 38,355 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I need to get this "lich form" I chose a 10 point skill that just makes me all black and wispy and looks a bit shit.

• RedSparrows 31 May 2013 18:10:52 22,899 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Combat in MMO PVP often needs a 'leader', someone to literally charge forwards and initiate the brawl. If you look like a lich, so much the better.

my righteous Guardian doesn't look cool. He looks like a gardener.
  • THFourteen 31 May 2013 18:33:06 33,616 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do shout "FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOM" as you charge?

Hoping to get some play time this weekend as I'm visiting the folks and brought my laptop.

More likely I will spend all weekend fixing technology problems at their house.
  • Tryhard 31 May 2013 18:55:03 4,025 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I need to get this "lich form" I chose a 10 point skill that just makes me all black and wispy and looks a bit shit.
    The Lich form is a 30 point elite skill.I had to change up my PVE setup which mean't doing away with all my minions as it tends to give away your position.Also I go more with the axe than the staff,I usually only use the staff to slow down fleeing players.

My Necro Tu Funneh.
  • THFourteen 3 Jun 2013 09:30:27 33,616 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Getting the hang of this a little better now.

Still find the concept of not having a huge list of quests in my journal alien to me. Spend a lot of time standing around thinking about what i should do next!

Also the big events seem to always happen when i'm busy doing somethign else so i always miss out...

Got my ranger to level 15 now, she has a dog called Barney and a wild boar called erm... Bore.

Might cheat on the EG guild and pimp myself out on the GW2 forum, would quite like a more active guild!
  • RedSparrows 3 Jun 2013 09:40:22 22,899 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can be in multiple guilds.
  • Tryhard 3 Jun 2013 10:56:45 4,025 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    One thing about WvW used to be you were not making any money,even a loss with armour repairs if things were going badly.But now you get 13 silver plus items each rank,plus enemy player and npc's drop loot bags,and even rare loot items drop.I have made 10 gold in a few days of WvW just from killing and capturing enemy buildings & supplies depots.I think an enemy garrison nets you 7 silver.

My Lich form is a zerg buster.It has happened so many times now it cannot just be luck.It obviously helps turning from a 2 foot tall female Asura to a 20 foot tall green Lich.

One classic moment yesterday was our southern garrison gate was being zerged ,it is a narrow stair walkway with cliff walls either side leading to the gate.We were on the gate walls looking down.I went to the player gate beside the main gate.Said in chat,"Lich counter attack prepare."Slid out in Lich form and steamed into them.Thankfully everyone followed me and the 60 odd enemy players broke and fled or died trying under our surge.

But things do not always go as planned.
  • JoeBlade 3 Jun 2013 18:42:22 2,561 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Tryhard Funny, you play the same main as I do (necro) and are apparently focused on dealing with groups/zergs too yet your approach is entirely different.
    I focused on long-range AoE/condition damage with ranged wells + staff. I'm utterly worthless one on one but when I can get in the heart of the fray it's just glorious :)

Out of curiosity: isn't the short duration + long cooldown of lich form prohibitive? Such skills always seem to be off cooldown when I don't need them and vice-versa :/
  • Tryhard 3 Jun 2013 19:15:37 4,025 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @JoeBlade I only took my Necro alt in to WvW to speed up karma income for the last bits of exotic armour from karma vendors.I expected to get squished and did not change up from my PvE minion setup at first.That was not going to work vs players though.So changed it into what you can see in that pic.And changed my traits accordingly.

I time my Lich strikes,and thankfully the commander was seeing what was going on and I guess told everyone on teamspeak to follow me in on my zerg counter attacks.I have been using the Lich while traveling with a large group of players.I to fail in 1v1's.I need support and backup of other players.

Yesterday when they were setting up catapults on the hill to bring down the walls of Sunny Castle.Our army was fighting their zerg and were losing.As we were outmanned and they had the higher ground.I used that skill that makes you invisible and gives you swiftness and hit them from behind on my lonesome.Once I hit the catapults I turned to Lich,and created chaos.I died,but the confusion I caused allowed for the frontline to break through to the catapults.

I would have to loved to hear what the French and Germans were saying about my Lich on teamspeak, after I had caused them so much grief at the weekend.
  • JoeBlade 8 Jun 2013 16:10:23 2,561 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm, I'm experiencing serious stability issues with GW2 as of late, anyone else having trouble?

I'm talking about the need-to-restart-my-pc-completely hard freeze sort :/ I'm staying away from GW2 for now because of it, since that kind of lockup tends to be rather unhealthy for the pc.

It happens intermittently and I've had it before but not nearly as problematic as the past week. Other than Path of Exile no other game has ever caused my PC to crash or BSoD so I daresay it's almost certainty caused by the game :(
  • Page

of 79 First / Last