Guild Wars 2 Page 69

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• Tryhard 25 Nov 2012 10:02:35 3,847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Invite sent,my account name is White Raven.I am running a warrior at the moment 60+.If you want to run some events and champs in your zone just say the word,and I can bring an 80 out of the closet for support.
  • brokenkey 25 Nov 2012 16:36:25 6,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• JoeBlade 25 Nov 2012 17:51:18 2,509 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, I went on ahead and moved to Desolation too. I'm still in the guild for now though.
    Which, oddly enough, works! I can still see who's on-line on GH and everything. Not sure whether we can still talk though.

Hopefully the WvW commanders aren't derposaurs with their heads stuck up their own arses as they mostly are on GH because that's the main reason I transferred :p
  • brokenkey 25 Nov 2012 18:53:09 6,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Guilds exist cross worlds, but influence and upgrades don't, they are separate per world. Which means you need to have multiple guild leaders, otherwise you can't develop further upgrades if you aren't on the same world as the leader.

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• JoeBlade 25 Nov 2012 19:01:33 2,509 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    Guilds exist cross worlds, but influence and upgrades don't, they are separate per world. Which means you need to have multiple guild leaders, otherwise you can't develop further upgrades if you aren't on the same world as the leader.
    To be honest I hardly used the guild features on GH.

I suppose the guild bank could be useful when members work together on crafting. In that case it strikes me as waaaaay too small to be practical though.

The other features all seem entirely pointless however.
  • brokenkey 25 Nov 2012 19:48:37 6,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The guild vault is BIG, but at the moment only the guild leader can take stuff out of it so is a bit useless. The banners are good though.

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• Mirico 27 Nov 2012 10:39:37 6 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    To be honest I hardly used the guild features on GH.
    Well me neither, but I still think it is bad that it cannont be used differently. Guilds should be a big part of the game, like the name states too ;D
    I also think that the other features are pointless though. I was searching around the internet a little bit, lookin for helpful GW2 sides, but but just found this Guild Wars 2 side.

Edited by Mirico at 10:41:18 27-11-2012
  • romelpotter 29 Nov 2012 19:52:15 148 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just picked this up in the Black Friday sale. I am defiantly still at the W.T.F. is going on???? Stage haha. It may take me a while to figure out what needs to be done, but I like that in a game sometimes! Real time events are manic. I ran up to one and didn't contribute at all but still got some xp for standing there, the best thing I noticed was that the game measured my contribution and xp'ed me accordingly! Colour me impressed!

Zabrilla.6581

If you see a Red Headed, wild eyed, shadowy thief running into walls, give her a pat on the head and point her in the right direction :)

I am on Ruins of Surmia for the time being.
  • Tryhard 29 Nov 2012 21:55:16 3,847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Most EGers that still play [count them on your fingers] are either on Gunnars Hold with a few of us moved over to Desolation,where things seem alot more lively.

If you are seeing alot of players about and the chat window is busy and in English,then I'd stay on that server if I was you.

You have Winters Day event in a few weeks to enjoy.
  • curtlikesmeat 7 Dec 2012 22:14:37 126 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm still playing, if a bit more sporadically than launch month. I haven't really read many news sites about it, is population dwindling? What are people playing instead?
  • ZuluHero 7 Dec 2012 23:06:04 4,095 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm on deso now too
  • WinterSnowblind 10 Dec 2012 19:49:40 1,226 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    curtlikesmeat wrote:
    I'm still playing, if a bit more sporadically than launch month. I haven't really read many news sites about it, is population dwindling? What are people playing instead?
    I've not noticed a decrease, the game still seems to be pretty busy. The only real problem is that everyone is being funnelled into the same few zones, or they're just busy doing the Fractals of the Mists, which gives out ridiculously good items.

Hang around Orr for farming or do any of the big Dragon World Events too and you'll see hundreds of people.. there's just not much reason to go back to lower levelled zones, so playing as a new character can get a bit lonely. Hopefully that's something they can fix later on.

But I'd expect to see another big influx on Friday too. If they can keep the large-ish updates like this coming at a regular pace, I don't think they'll have any issues with the population.
  • brokenkey 14 Dec 2012 11:46:14 6,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've switched to Desolation as well today. Hope to see some of you around this weekend.

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• hypoBla5t 17 Dec 2012 08:29:54 1,385 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Everyone enjoying the Wintersday event then? I've started playing again and have been busily shifting as many event items as possible before the price drops too low.

I have a level 80 Sylvari Mesmer but I'm a bit ashamed to use him to be honest as they seem so OP. Can anyone recommend the best PvE stuff to do in endgame in case to want to bring him out of retirement?

Rerolled my low level minion master necro to make it look cooler, MM totally does not work PvE though so gonna keep that one for PvP I think.

Lastly, going to reroll my Asura Guardian, he's only low level too but I just feel he's not quite right. Might roll a female Asura instead to see how it goes!!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Dec 2012 08:36:36 37,664 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I tried to play this yesterday. Didn't even get 5 minutes in before I got interrupted by my kids misbehaving.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 17 December 2012 18:19:54
    Haven't seen anyone from the EG Guild in quite a while. I moved over to Desolation this week. Thought a change of crowd in WvW might be interesting. Might move on again in a couple of months though.

Wintersday is fun, even if Lion's Arch currently drags my fps down to 30 (the horror). Still having quite a bit of fun with my Sylvari Mesmer, even if he does spend a lot of the time very much dead due to backstab thieves, tanky elementalists and swirly whirly warriors.

All good fun though.
  • JoeBlade 17 Dec 2012 19:30:08 2,509 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Simonoly I still pop in from time to time (Egaiu's my main) though less frequently. Been on Desolation for a while already; WvW is definitely better than on GH but we still frequently get stomped :p

Out of interest: how do you make money to fund WvW? Those WvW sessions are murder on my financial situation.
    Dungeons usually get me killed just as often while items are very hit-and-miss in there.
    Crafting tends to be only worth it when the base materials are very valuable too (i.e. might as well sell those directly)
    Can't be arsed "playing the market", and that seems to have gone downhill with the player decline anyhow.

Grinding mobs and selling the loot to either AH or stores is the best money maker I've found thusfar but it's also incredibly dull :(
  • Deleted user 18 December 2012 14:12:13
    @JoeBlade I literally sell everything. I haven't even achieved level 400 in a crafting profession yet because I'm selling all the raw components I find. I hear doing fractals is a good way to make money, as is mob grinding in Orr. I'm not a big fan of grinding mobs either so doubt I will ever have that much gold. I guess one of the best ways to make money would be to equip high magic find equipment and just do as many fractals as you can.

I did manage to make around 10 gold in a couple of hours by selling off all my Wintersday presents. I was clearing an area of the PvE map with someone on the first evening of the Wintersday event and the drop rate was suddenly very high so I accumulated a large amount of presents from low level mobs and sold them off quickly before the market price plummeted.

But yes WvW chomps through my funds like crazy at times. Less so in Desolation where more people have siege. I quite like Desolation. The commanders seem less angry.
  • Tryhard 19 Dec 2012 12:03:29 3,847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Did my first WvW in months with my new level 80 warrior.In a few hours had captured 4 control points & killed 3 enemy caravans single handed.

Joined 4 others to capture two supply depots.

Joined a zerg and captured 2 garrisons.

Did my part for Desolation I think.

The funniest moment of all was fighting an ele 1v1.Pretty even battle,then they got the upper hand health wise.I clicked my transform into Bear elite skill,knocked her flying 20 feet.They crapped their pants and ran off.
  • Tryhard 20 Dec 2012 14:07:22 3,847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What happens when a French,Spanish,and UK zerg all meet up in one place?

Not alot on my computer.My own character was not even rendering.:-P
  • EL1TE 17 Jan 2013 10:32:33 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • brokenkey 22 Jan 2013 11:18:50 6,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hello Guild Wars 2 players. At the end of this week, server transfers will cease to be free. Some of us have moved to Desolation, but I also see a few players on Gunnars Hold. So if you are going to switch, do it son.

@rodpad - can you have another go at upgrading me to guild leader? We can't do guild upgrades here :(

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• brokenkey 22 Jan 2013 11:44:12 6,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    oh.. Didn't see that happen.

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• brokenkey 22 Jan 2013 11:56:03 6,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    sirjambob wrote:
    Incase you missed it a few pages back rodpad

Jambob.5074
    ha, one of the last people to join the guild!

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• WinterSnowblind 22 Jan 2013 17:11:01 1,226 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In keeping with the monthly updates, they've just announced the "Flame & Frost: Prelude update for January.

I've been taking a break from the game, until they add the new reward/achievement system with this update, but I'm surprised that there's going to be new story content coming as well, which sounds like it may well be a build up for Primordus.

It'll be interesting to see what they learnt after the Lost Shores fiasco.
  • teamHAM 26 Jan 2013 00:54:49 2,860 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I've been thinking about getting into this. Seven years of WoW and now I have a choice between getting Mists of Pandaria or this. I've read the reviews and how "there is no end game" in GW2 but people are telling me there is a lot of other things going for this game.

Any thoughts from anyone? Is there an EG guild and does it have any members? And are there any recommendations where to buy the game. The official website and Amazon want a whopping 50 for the standard edition!

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Page

of 79 First / Last