Guild Wars 2 Page 68

• Page

of 78 First / Last

• Ajay 28 Oct 2012 20:31:29 2,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The clock tower really is bastard hard. It would be tricky enough doing it solo, but what makes it incredibly difficult is the swarm of fat-arsed Charr and Norns that make it impossible to judge where you're meant to jump!
  • JoeBlade 28 Oct 2012 20:35:27 2,488 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Damn, the whole thing crashed well and proper on our arses. And that after we finally got a group going for the mad king dungeon :(
  • Tryhard 28 Oct 2012 20:41:31 3,667 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah we were just forming up a party to go into Mad King dungeon and it just poohed us out.They are saying their data centres have connectivity errors.

Knew I should have watched the NFL.

Their forums have crashed to.

Edited by Tryhard at 20:42:36 28-10-2012
  • Lamb 28 Oct 2012 20:48:26 472 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah what the hey, it went poof. :(
  • Fydria 29 Oct 2012 19:00:06 561 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just did the clock tower jumping puzzle. I managed to reach the stairs at the end twice and managed to fuck it up, before finally nailing it. Apparently if you wait in over flow long enough you get moved to an instance with 3 people which would make it a lot easier.

Best tip I had was to jump just as the wall explodes after the waiting part and try and get the 'jump' on everyone else. Charr's and Nords make that first part a real pain.
  • Ajay 30 Oct 2012 18:19:50 2,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's really good advice on that first jump - cheers. Really helps put you ahead of the mob. I think the first third or so of the tower's the hardest bit, as once you've gone beyond that the jumps are mostly much clearer, you've got a bit of lead on the rising tide and it's just a case of learning the route.

I didn't look up any guides beforehand so on two occasions I found myself not knowing where to go - the bit where you need to jump back down, and the penultimate jump itself! Really satisfying to beat it, though I'm glad I went in with a more blasé mindset and progress came as a pleasant surprise or I'd have been frustrated as hell.
  • Fydria 30 Oct 2012 18:24:09 561 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Ajay Yeah I found once you made it to the part where you have to drop down it was fairly simple, but when you managed to fail at the start it was very frustrating.

I saw a video of a guy completing it with his hero panel open covering the middle of the screen so effectively doing it blind. I don't know why anyone would want to even attempt that but yeah.. I found it hard enough be able to see everything.
  • Tryhard 2 Nov 2012 09:11:38 3,667 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Some Nov 16th event hints?

Edited by Tryhard at 09:16:05 02-11-2012
  • Ajay 4 Nov 2012 00:34:32 2,412 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Awww, I just saw a poor whale beached and struggling in Lion's Arch with loads of water buckets around it. Couldn't seem to save it or anything, but I assume it's leading up to the event. Quite a sad sight, in the context.

Edit: There's more! Guess I haven't been in LA since Halloween ended and this is probably old news to everyone else, though I noticed the new posters. Poor blighters.

Edited by Ajay at 00:37:24 04-11-2012
  • Tryhard 4 Nov 2012 10:09:33 3,667 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There are ships in LA harbour,one that has been sunk.The whales you mentioned.Inactive teleport gates.And a Priory tent on the beach.And a host of posters and notices dotted around.

There is also an Asura near the Forge that has some info about the sunken ship.

Some say this kicks off the 15th and some the 16th.The one time event will be a cutscene.But a new zone will be there permantly.Probably at the end of the blocked road west of LA.
  • Grim 6 Nov 2012 18:38:37 55 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Info on the upcoming 'Lost Shores' event:

Lost Shores

Something is stirring in the Sea of Sorrows – and we want to make sure that you are not missing out, so here is a schedule (without spoilers) for you, so you can plan ahead:

On Friday November 16th at noon PST (20:00 GMT) the weekend will kick off with an Event in Lion’s Arch that you don’t want to miss. This will trigger events in other parts of Tyria as well.
    *On Saturday November 17th at noon PST (20:00 GMT), another phase will kick in.
    Each phase is triggered by a special event, but you will be able to enjoy additional content afterwards even if you cannot make the kick-off time. There is one exception:

The event will culminate in a big Finale on Sunday November 18, make sure you will not miss it. This will be a onetime only event chain that will run multiple hours, and it will kick off at noon PST (20:00 GMT). Again, this will only run once, so make sure you will be there! There will be plenty of content available to enjoy that will remain permanently in the world as a result of the outcome of this event on Sunday.

We will give you more details once we get closer to the event, but wanted to give you an early heads up so you can plan accordingly.
  • JoeBlade 11 Nov 2012 16:23:50 2,488 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fuck me, what's up with Gold ore in this game? I've found maybe 5 deposits total in over 130 levels worth of play; I've collected 3-4 times as much mithril already for fuck's sake!

The few areas with deposits seem to have iron almost exclusively, with the gold ones tucked away behind hordes of monsters in deep caves :(
  • Gl3n Moderator 15 Nov 2012 19:38:46 5,313 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If anyone's up for a GW2 trial, lemme know: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/free-trial-event-november-15-18/

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• andytheadequate 15 Nov 2012 19:47:58 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd love a trial. Just bought a pc and not sure whether to take the plunge with an mmo or not...
  • Gl3n Moderator 15 Nov 2012 22:55:28 5,313 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @andytheadequate What's your email address Andy?

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• onestepfromlost 16 Nov 2012 11:11:45 2,039 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    would come on and show you about a bit andy but doubt ill be back on this week yet.
  • andytheadequate 16 Nov 2012 11:49:11 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    would come on and show you about a bit andy but doubt ill be back on this week yet.
    If I end up buying it that sounds good. I need to start playing with more EGers in general, a bit lonely playing on my own!
  • andytheadequate 16 Nov 2012 13:07:24 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    If anyone's up for a GW2 trial, lemme know: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/free-trial-event-november-15-18/
    Thanks, received the invite by email :)
  • Tryhard 17 Nov 2012 11:53:59 3,667 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The 2nd major event and the 2nd major opening cock up.Halloween saw us all disconnected contless times and unable to enter the dungeon in parties for awhile.

This event was a lag bomb of epic propotions.Let's invite everyone to Lions Arch or the light house,throw in a free trial weekend,and watch everyone die a laggy death from the invasion of the Crab mutants.

Then throw in event quest npc's who are bugged out,invading enemies who are not rendered.And invasion events out in the wild not taking place.

The only thing that is getting praise so far is the new Dungeon.

I am starting to think that I should avoid GW2 like the plague when a major event is taking place.Embarrassing to have all this happen when you
    have people inviting friends to a free trial weekend.
  • onestepfromlost 17 Nov 2012 12:55:32 2,039 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    its like one of those high school film where they move to a new school so throw a party to be popular. Everyone comes including lots of people they dont know. The place just ends up trashed!
  • Tryhard 17 Nov 2012 14:20:54 3,667 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @onestepfromlost I prefer that version of getting pissed, over the GW2 version of getting pissed.:)
  • WinterSnowblind 17 Nov 2012 15:28:53 1,224 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Tryhard I never had any problems during the Halloween event, the special cut-scene triggered on time and we all grouped up to get into the dungeon.

This one on the other hand was a bit of a disaster. The lag crippled what would have otherwise been a pretty fun event and then the scavenger hunt quests are mostly bugged, preventing you from completing the chain. Definitely not a good first impression for anyone who joined in with the trial.

The new dungeon is really good though, particularly the callbacks to GW1.
  • andytheadequate 18 Nov 2012 18:14:11 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got to level 6 on my free trial. Its a good game and addictive but can imagine it will get tedious as its been very samey so far. Would probably pick it up in a sale, or if someone started at the same time and in the same world as me so I'd get the benefit of the mmo side to it
  • BeebleB 18 Nov 2012 18:19:11 872 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    yea I got to level 40 and it pretty much bores me now. I turn it on every now and then to marvel at how pretty it looks but it can't play it for very long before getting bored again.

Edited by BeebleB at 18:19:28 18-11-2012
  • Tryhard 20 Nov 2012 00:57:32 3,667 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Decided to leave EG Guild and GH server and moved to Desolation.Lots more players,chat is busy.Joined two players,got a guild invite.Did more with that guild in one session than I ever did in the few months with EG Guild lol.
  • abs13 21 Nov 2012 13:02:08 52 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Most people I know seem to have stopped playing or left GH. Tempted by a move also.
  • Tryhard 22 Nov 2012 22:21:02 3,667 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you can get in Desolation that is the server I'd recommend.I am still surprised running into large groups of players, where on GH you'd be running round alone in the 20-50 zones.

Did another run with the new Guild I am in,there is only 4 of us.But we all meet up and run in a party of four.Our leader takes us from event to event and we all seem to fill a role that makes combat very rewarding.
    The chat is amusing and it is like a different game rather than running solo.Also the drops are so much better if you are in a party over solo,I usually cannot keep up with the incoming loot.
  • abs13 24 Nov 2012 21:08:03 52 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Transferred to Desolation. Hopefully will see more activity. Sling me a tell if you need a further addition to your merry grouping :)
    Markabs.7261
  • Page

of 78 First / Last