Guild Wars 2 Page 67

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• hypoBla5t 23 Oct 2012 12:50:44 1,572 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hit 80 with my Mesmer main over the weekend and started SPvP, found it absolutely rammed with other Mesmers so to mix it up a bit I started a Necromancer like I had in the BWEs. Wow. Simply awesome. Should have levelled my Necromancer to 80 first!! Got a well tasty dagger/warhorn/minions build on the go.

Anyone seen any of the Hallowe'en shizzle yet?
  • MasterNameless 23 Oct 2012 15:04:59 367 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haven't posted in the forum for ages (always have a client with me at work nowadays, and at home my time is pretty much for gaming alone!), but still very active on GW2 myself - and plan to be for a good while too, as I've had a few friends buy the game recently.

After a quick google, it looks like if you don't log in for 60 days, the guild leader will automatically change to the most senior/active officer .So, yeah, even if you can't promote a leader, some officers would be appreciated, thanks rodpad! I'm on a lot and happy to take on any such role if it helps. :)

I forget who was struggling to level past 70 now, but if it helps, and you have crafting to level, that'll get you to 80 easily. I levelled both weaponsmithing and armoursmithing to 400, and got from lvl 69 all the way to lvl 80. If you already have a lot of mats, you'll be able to level a good way to 80 without even buying any extra.

As soon as we need to create a squad for WvW, or for dungeons, I'm more than happy to buy the commander book thingy. As brokenkey hinted at a few pages back, I've pretty much got the auction house down, and I'm not finding in-game cashflow an issue at all! If anyone wants any advise on making gold in-game, I'd be more than happy to give a few pointers.
  • hypoBla5t 23 Oct 2012 15:13:03 1,572 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just out of interest mate, share away if you have any top tips for gold makin'!!
  • Tryhard 23 Oct 2012 16:44:44 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There is alot of candy to mine out in the wilds,and Lions Arch is a craze fest with Halloween costumed players brawling.And spooky decorations.
    Someone said one area has a green fog.

New jumping puzzles and mini dungeons.

Halloween doors appear out in the wild and you get a trick or treat from it.

Plus the update now gives you a big karma reward for doing your daily activity,killing PvE monsters,events and gathering.My karma jug gave me 5000 karma.

Have not come across the new activities as yet,one is a loot skritt which drops treasure,as he runs.But you have to kill him to get it all.Plus it agro's all the mobs as it passes.
  • MasterNameless 23 Oct 2012 18:02:18 367 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The halloween event does sound pretty fun, I'll be around tonight if there's anything worth grouping for!? I could even get the Commander book if there's enough of us online!

"Just out of interest mate, share away if you have any top tips for gold makin'!!"

Sure!

I keep writing a huge post on laptop, then somehow finding away delete it all >< Third time lucky!

I pretty much only ever buy rare weapons and armour, and to break it all up, I do sweeps across certain level ranges; 35 to 49, 50 to 64, and 65 to 75. I don't bother with rare lvl 75+'s, as the prices are too hotly contested. I ocassionally buy in exotics, but these require a much greater capital, and sell slower; or trinkets and upgrade components, but these can be difficult to find decent profit margins on.

Other than that, the only other criteria I have is the profit margins. I take the route of even very small profits all add up. So as long as the item is below 40s, a minimum of 10s profit will do, above that, the profit margin needs to be greater, proportionately, to take the sales tax into account. The profit is often much higher though, I regularly buy stuff for 6s, and sell it for 40s.

I also only ever buy in one of each item. I used to buy in stacks, but it becomes a burden too quickly, with people overbidding you, forcing you to pull the stack and sell at a lower price, the price of the item quickly crashes and the profits disappear. Buying only one of each item never devalues any particular item, and people outbid you less often as they won't pull their stacks from sale just to outbid a single item.

If you have the capital, it also helps to leave your buy orders up, until you do full circle and want to buy those same items in again. Despite 95% of all buy orders coming in over the following 24 hours, you do ocassionally get orders come in a few days later, and they all add up! I usually have around 500 buy orders up at any one time, deleting the old ones when I make the news ones. It's difficult to gauge how much cash you have, but the system works very well.

I also pull all items I'm selling from the Trading Post daily, as they are 98% all outbid by other sellers by then, and I'd rather take the hit on the listing fee than allow my stock to just sit there.

Using this system, I've sold... around 10,000 items, and have 230g on my character - after spending bout 120g on my lvl 80 gear recently. And with probably 100g of buy orders up too. So, it's works for me very well indeed. :D

Phew! Finally wrote it all without deleting the bastard halfway through!

Any questions?

Edit: In my defense, the only reason I've got so carried away is because I listen to audiobooks in the background, and often get very much into them, spend a couple of hours putting buy orders in. And on that note, I highly recommend Enders Game, and Hyperion if you like sci-fi! :)

Edited by MasterNameless at 19:38:25 23-10-2012
  • Tryhard 23 Oct 2012 19:22:09 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    As to making gold,if you are not into crafting Halloween gear,the candy you can mine at the moment is selling at a good price 38-40 copper a piece.
  • basmans_grob 24 Oct 2012 13:38:53 413 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    so you buy stuff and salavage it, then sell the bits?
  • MasterNameless 24 Oct 2012 13:50:25 367 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Who, me? No, I just buy stuff cheap, and sell it at a higher price.

For mats, I believe it's actually cheaper, in most cases, to sell the weapons and armour whole, then buy the mats with the proceeds.
  • Tryhard 24 Oct 2012 14:17:15 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I flooded the candy market as it dropped to 22 copper lastnight . Damn stock market.Or maybe the kids teeth started dropping out ;).
  • brokenkey 24 Oct 2012 14:38:15 7,154 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Materials aren't that great.

Take Giant Eyes. Spiked in price due to the reciepe changes introduced in the last patch, but already on their way back down to normal, even though demand should be (in theory) higher.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/24370

Buying up Gems for resale seems to have been a good investment though.

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/black-lion-underground-23-october-2012

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• brokenkey 24 Oct 2012 14:54:35 7,154 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Also, if history is anything to go by, prices of candy corn and other mats used in crafting the Halloween items will continue to go up slowy over the next 12 months as the demand for the weapons will exist but the supply of goods required to make them will dry up. And the fact that the recipes will continue to work after the event has finished. Probably not as fast a rate of return as others, and dependent on people still playing the game in 6 months...

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• MasterNameless 24 Oct 2012 15:53:08 367 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, the halloween stuff is a good buy all round. The Greatsaw Weapon skin is 33g to buy, and 44g to sell atm. I've bought and sold it ten times over already, but once the halloween event is over the price of it will probably go through the roof! Intend to buy as many as I can afford when the halloween event nears its end.

Edited by MasterNameless at 15:53:37 24-10-2012
  • brokenkey 24 Oct 2012 16:02:55 7,154 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I wish I had the capital to buy them or I'd be doing the same. Only got 7g so far.

"Buddy, can you spare 50gs?"

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• MasterNameless 24 Oct 2012 17:47:26 367 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haha, I'm not sure if you're asking seriously there - in fact, I'm pretty sure you're not!

But I have plenty, if you want some gold for investment purposes, I'm sure that can be arranged. ;)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 24 Oct 2012 18:23:50 39,758 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Uhhhh, how do you earn candy corn?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Tryhard 24 Oct 2012 18:24:22 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    With the way we are approaching this Event in regards to selling.Maybe Anet should ring a gong when it is over.;)

As to the Loot Skritt I mentioned earlier,that drops items as he runs.This is a permanent event now when you open some chests,not just for Halloween.

Looking forward to seeing where the next three ACT's lead.With a major event happening on the 28th.Probably old Thorny walking around himself with portals opening up everywhere as his minions spew forth.[We can but hope].
  • brokenkey 24 Oct 2012 18:48:45 7,154 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @MrTomFTW you mine it from resource nodes outside the Towns. Or you get them from trick or treat bags

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• brokenkey 24 Oct 2012 22:23:09 7,154 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted

3DS 3497-0122-1484

• Tryhard 24 Oct 2012 23:13:45 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Another update coming from Anet.

You will be glad to hear that we are adding recipes to the Mystic Forge that will allow you to throw stuff you get from the Black Lion Chests into it to get a special Halloween chest (no key needed for this one). These chests will include Halloween specific loot and give you a second chance to get one of the terrifying, rare Halloween skins. Here is the recipe we will add:
    You need 1 Candy Corn, 6 Mystery Tonics, 1 Boost (any), 1 Boost (any) to get a Mad King Chest.
  • Tryhard 27 Oct 2012 11:27:25 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Act 2 of the Halloween event is alot of fun visiting the Mad King zone.
    Did 3 runs of the PvE section and each time I was in an overflow so everything refreshed.Managed to open the Family Sized Candy Corn Elemental's chest each time.

Each run mean't a loot run back to Lions Arch with a full inventory.Had to throw some higher level gear in the bank.From those three runs two Exotic pieces of armour dropped for my Ranger.

On the 28th at 7 pm GMT,Act 3 will have the one time special event.

edit-Just read they patched the rate exotics were dropping from the Mad King boss,who squealed?:confused:

Edited by Tryhard at 11:42:17 27-10-2012
  • JoeBlade 27 Oct 2012 11:54:35 2,631 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Act 2 of the Halloween event is alot of fun visiting the Mad King zone.
    Where does one acces the events, LA only? Place is so overcrowded I didn't want to go there the last two days.

I tried the PvP event briefly but my team didn't realize it's DotA/LoL style and lost 0-3 two times in a row. Gave up on it after that :(
  • ZuluHero 27 Oct 2012 11:57:47 4,302 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That clock tower took me 4 hours. FOUR HOURS. Though running it over and over with the same people caused us to bond. By the end we were all chatting away like old friends. :)
  • Tryhard 27 Oct 2012 12:50:49 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gendarran Fields is a good place.There are pumpkin markers all around, these are markers for the doors to the Mad King zone.

Once you go in,you will see an NPC on the left you can choose what type of event you want,pvp,jumping etc.Just go straight on to the circle and teleport for some PvE action.

In the zone you are upgraded to level 80 like in WvW.Stick to a group or you will die as the Undead and Candy Corn Elementals are closely clustered in places.
  • onestepfromlost 27 Oct 2012 13:13:06 2,117 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really need to get logged in soon and try some of this stuff out. damn real life getting in the way.
  • Grim 27 Oct 2012 13:27:34 59 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After experiencing the festival grind of other MMO's, this Halloween celebration is superb!

Enjoying the variety and the way it is evolving over time - The Lion Statue in Lion's Arch has slowly been disintegrating, the different phases, etc.
    :cool:

For anyone having problems finding the pages for the Mad Kings Book try this site:

Shadow of the Mad King Scavenger Hunt guide
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 27 Oct 2012 14:42:44 39,758 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I haven't really had any time to play this since Wednesday. Sounds like I'm missing out.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• hypoBla5t 27 Oct 2012 16:15:44 1,572 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I dunno. I was so hyped for this game but I seem incapable of really enjoying it for more than about 5 days at a time, when I'm really into it, then I have a few days where I really don't fancy it, then I get back on it again etc etc.

I feel that it's missing something, but for the life of me I can't think what it is.

I also keep getting sucked into SPvP when I play which is denying me any Hallowe'en time!!
  • jetsetdemo 28 Oct 2012 16:59:42 31 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I so wish Borderlands 2 hadn't come out and captured all my gaming time!
  • JoeBlade 28 Oct 2012 17:20:57 2,631 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    I also keep getting sucked into SPvP when I play which is denying me any Hallowe'en time!!
    It's odd, I only tried PvP once and haven't since. It's not even that I didn't enjoy it - I very much did actually - but I consistently get sucked into either WvW or dungeons, or making money for the endless repairs ;)
  • Tryhard 28 Oct 2012 19:09:56 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    7 pm GMT Lions Arch he comes from the Lions decaying body.The Mad King arises.

And.....Server crashes.:-(
  • Page

of 79 First / Last