of 79 First / Last

• Tryhard 8 Oct 2012 14:03:04 3,976 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gunnar's Hold server.
  • basmans_grob 11 Oct 2012 14:24:29 290 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Last night I was WvWing with a small but effective group of randoms. We acted a small spec-ops group, heading behind the line grabbing undefended supply groups and picking off isolated players. We would then fall back, hide (normally in the water) then repeat the process.
    It eas easily the best GW experience I've had and would highly recommend it to all.
  • Benno 11 Oct 2012 15:12:00 9,901 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jesus, you obviously haven't spent long in WvW. Trust me, some better times are coming :)
  • ZuluHero 11 Oct 2012 15:26:40 4,167 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I still play pretty much everyday. Though I may try looking for a more active guild soon (sorry guys :()
  • graysonavich 11 Oct 2012 15:48:58 7,354 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Predictions on the first announcement of server closures? I'll go with around April.
  • Benno 11 Oct 2012 15:50:36 9,901 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah last few times I have been on theres been hardly anyone online in the EG guild.

Try here:

www.sickalliance.com

Alliance called [KISS] which is very active
  • JoeBlade 11 Oct 2012 15:56:30 2,545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I still play pretty much everyday. Though I may try looking for a more active guild soon (sorry guys :()
    Can't blame you, the guild is bloody quiet. There are rarely more than 10 players online when I pop in lately :/
    I blame Borderlands 2.

But yes, even though this game doesn't force grouping down players' throats like most MMOs playing alone feels sort of... lacking after a while, esp. after having hit lvl 80.
    I usually manage to entice potential party members with my nonsensical pseudo-commercial drivel but it would be nice to be able to rely on guildies instead.

That said, random pickups are absolutely stellar in this game compared to WoW (the MMO to compare all things MMO to after all). Players are all so polite and friendly one would almost think they've been programmed by Arenanet :p
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Oct 2012 15:59:27 38,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got this today, just rolled a character on Gunnar's Hold. Not got round to actually playing yet though...

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• JoeBlade 11 Oct 2012 16:05:17 2,545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    By the by, is anyone else having trouble levelling their crafts? Perhaps it's due to my specific choices (jeweller + tailor) but two hours of solid grinding barely nets me enough materials to gain 1 level of tailoring around lvl 140.
    Both basic materials (ores, rags, lumber, ...) and them effing rare components (blood, bone, blah) all seem so incredibly scarce.

The AH on the other hand is so oversaturated it's not even worth trying anymore; crafting crap costs at least 5 times the vendor price on there no matter how you turn it.

And yes, I know to focus on discovering new recipes and use boosters when available.
  • Tryhard 11 Oct 2012 16:43:41 3,976 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    Yeah last few times I have been on theres been hardly anyone online in the EG guild.

Try here:

www.sickalliance.com

I see a lot of [Kiss] people around.May well make the switch.I think one was a commander that led us on a WvW zerg awhile ago when I last did WvW.
  • ZuluHero 11 Oct 2012 16:53:34 4,167 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Predictions on the first announcement of server closures? I'll go with around April.
    Nope - just like GW1 the server structure is special to allow for all the overflowing and stuff. Technically we're all on the same server.

They might merge realms later on, but atm they are still full(ish). I still have to queue for bloody ages for WvWvW, I think this is mostly happening to just our guild as other guilds are flourishing.

Maybe its a sign of things to come, but personally I would blame this short attention span or the magpie-syndrome of us EGers :)

Edited by ZuluHero at 16:54:03 11-10-2012
  • graysonavich 11 Oct 2012 17:59:23 7,354 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Even more reasons for them to turn some blades off.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Oct 2012 18:01:24 38,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So, this is pretty isn't it? Seems a bit like every other MMO at the moment though. The only difference is how you get SOME of the quests.

Only up to lvl 3 at the moment admittedly...

• Daeltaja 11 Oct 2012 22:10:59 1,087 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I pretty much gave up on it after around the 50 hour mark. It's just way too familiar to keep me interested. I'm done with MMO's for the forseable future, unless there is a radical change in formula.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Oct 2012 22:42:43 38,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can I have an invite to the EG guild anyway? MrTom.4813 is the username.

• brokenkey 11 Oct 2012 22:48:12 7,033 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Done

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• Gl3n Moderator 12 Oct 2012 08:32:43 5,632 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Only half of level 79 to go...

Does anyone find Orr fairly laborious compared to the earlier zones?
  • JoeBlade 12 Oct 2012 09:20:13 2,545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    Only half of level 79 to go...

Does anyone find Orr fairly laborious compared to the earlier zones?
    Very much so. The density of enemies is very high compared to other zones and every other one has crippling as an ability, i.e. no running by and otherwise just ignoring them.
    I've given up on that place for now, even thought that means not finishing my personal story.
  • Tryhard 12 Oct 2012 09:40:11 3,976 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Defend Fort Trinity, defend the gates mission is bugged .As no Risen turn up.After many attempts they did show up.I did exactly the same when it did work to when it did not.

So if anyone is by the gate and no one shows up,just quit and redo the story mission until it does work.Thankfully it is not to far in when the bug occurs.

The packs of Risen are a pain in the 70-80 zone,and really need a group of players to make progress through the land with any speed.Malchor seems a little more forgiving than Desolation though.
  • JoeBlade 12 Oct 2012 13:17:20 2,545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Defend Fort Trinity, defend the gates mission is bugged .As no Risen turn up.After many attempts they did show up.I did exactly the same when it did work to when it did not.
    It's far more common than it should be apparently though you're the first I heard of having an issue repeatedly on the same quest.

I've already had problems with story characters not being "triggered" in quests a couple of times myself. Dialogue not starting or continuing, NPCs not moving when they should or indeed enemies not spawning, stuff like that.
    Giving up and starting anew has always fixed it for me however.
  • ZuluHero 12 Oct 2012 13:45:31 4,167 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    So, this is pretty isn't it? Seems a bit like every other MMO at the moment though. The only difference is how you get SOME of the quests.

Only up to lvl 3 at the moment admittedly...
    What quests? ;)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 12 Oct 2012 13:55:29 38,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well the ones that you do to get hearts. It's still kill X number of Y or carry A to B. Only you just have to walk into the area to get the quest instead of talking to a quest giver, and you get a vague bar to fill rather than a hard number.

• Benno 12 Oct 2012 14:03:58 9,901 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Benno wrote:

Try here:

www.sickalliance.com

I see a lot of [Kiss] people around.May well make the switch.I think one was a commander that led us on a WvW zerg awhile ago when I last did WvW.
    That would be Disaproval, hes a nice guy and often leads our zergs. We also do little KISS side missions in small groups. Its great fun to be honest.
  • Tryhard 12 Oct 2012 14:13:11 3,976 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Benno wrote:

That would be Disaproval, hes a nice guy and often leads our zergs. We also do little KISS side missions in small groups. Its great fun to be honest.
    Yep that was him.He led us on quite a crusade that night.Great fun seeing someone giving the masses direction.

Probably move over to KISS when I can devote more time and effort to the cause.At the moment just enjoying PvEing my 2nd character upto 80,where my first was mainly Story and WvW progression.
  • JoeBlade 12 Oct 2012 15:08:12 2,545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Well the ones that you do to get hearts. It's still kill X number of Y or carry A to B. Only you just have to walk into the area to get the quest instead of talking to a quest giver, and you get a vague bar to fill rather than a hard number.
    I would advise against map completion to be honest; I tried that with my secondary character and it indeed gets very boring very quickly.

Just explore the maps a bit (I'm happy if I have most of the teleportation points in a zone), participate in random events (those orange circles on the map) and throw some crafting and WvW into the mix.
    I did that on my main and hit lvl 80 with only about 20-25% of the world completed. It was definitely a whole lot more fun and I levelled much quicker too.
    The rewards from 100% zones are not worth the tedium IMO.
  • ZuluHero 12 Oct 2012 15:12:02 4,167 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm addicted to map completion. I'm only lvl 58 with 55% of overall map explored - and a fair few puzzles solved too!
  • onestepfromlost 12 Oct 2012 20:21:50 2,070 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah it has been rather quiet. I have been away playing BL2 and now xcom, but even before that the guild was rather quiet. I may also look into other options when im ready to play more.
  • Tryhard 13 Oct 2012 00:05:47 3,976 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Get your pumpkins ready.
  • Fydria 13 Oct 2012 00:40:27 561 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Tryhard Sounds like a nifty update. Trying to find the time to play more than 1 MMO is tricky though.
  • JoeBlade 13 Oct 2012 21:37:15 2,545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For the first time ever I abandoned WvW after less than half an hour. I don't know who the nitwits were but a handful of players insisted on defending the garrison at any cost just because it has an orb. Unfortunately two of them were commanders.

All that time our entire east side was in enemy hands meaning they controlled half our supply and they could hammer said garrison at their leisure from three different sides. They had siege over almost half our territory.
    But still all rushing back to garrison as soon as anyone put a dent in it was considered the optimal strategy :(
  • Page

of 79 First / Last