The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) Page 3

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• morriss 1 May 2010 18:30:37 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Thing is, this'll be the last Batman film Nolan makes. Just having the Riddler as the enemy, with Batman winning at the end feels and sounds a bit flat, to me. Nolan usually wants to try and make some kind of social statement with his films.

So more like Batman retires for a bit but then someone comes right after Wayne and continues to hit personally go after him... Black Mask style?
    Somehting like that. A simple "Batman solves the riddles and catches the killer" seems to be a bit of a flat ending to Nolan's opus.
  • Hunam 1 May 2010 18:50:43 20,674 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So you think at the end Batman will have outlasted his use and no longer be needed?
  • morriss 1 May 2010 18:52:08 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No. I think the whole film will culminate to where Batman is today: accepted, understood, loved, hated: needed.
  • Derblington 1 May 2010 19:57:17 21,264 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Isn't that exactly what they do with TDK, and is the reason that it was the planned end for the Nolanverse?
  • ProfessorLesser 18 May 2010 20:14:28 19,352 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just read disturbing rumours that Eddie Murphy was to play the Riddler and Shia Le Bouf to play Robin. Since these are old (and ridiculous) rumours, I assume they were quashed, right? Right?
  • beastmaster 18 May 2010 20:17:18 11,150 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    I just read disturbing rumours that Eddie Murphy was to play the Riddler and Shia Le Bouf to play Robin. Since these are old (and ridiculous) rumours, I assume they were quashed, right? Right?

Oh fuck no! Please no! God no! No NO!

There's a difference between wants and gets thank fuck.

I've not heard anything about this, so probably a old, dead (and ridiculous) rumour.

EDIT : ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Not that I know Mr. Jack Shit mind.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• M83J01P97 18 May 2010 20:20:05 6,529 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To paraphase what Nolan said in a recent interview... "don't believe anything you read about the next film, until we tell you ourselves, which won't be for a while yet"

We won't know anything until Inception is done and dusted basically. But they do seem like silly rumours.
  • Dragul 18 May 2010 20:21:07 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

Oh fuck no! Please no! God no! No NO!

There's a difference between wants and gets thank fuck.

I've not heard anything about this, so probably a old, dead (and ridiculous) rumour.

EDIT : ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Not that I know Mr. Jack Shit mind.

I would express my total support to Beastmaster statement.
  • ProfessorLesser 18 May 2010 20:21:15 19,352 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RiddlerandHarleyRiddlerandHarleyRiddlerandHarley...
  • Deleted user 18 May 2010 20:23:03
    It's got to be ridler, it'll defo work with the more prominent detective element.
  • Dragul 18 May 2010 20:28:32 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would like to see Harley to get revenge on Batman for killing The joker and Catwoman would be also great.
  • HoriZon 18 May 2010 20:43:45 13,496 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dragul wrote:
    I would like to see Harley to get revenge on Batman for killing The jokert.

You did see The Dark Knight I take it?

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Dragul 18 May 2010 20:47:08 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I did, but In Harley's mind it would be Batman who killed Joker... :p

• M83J01P97 18 May 2010 20:52:03 6,529 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Considering the character that Nolan and Ledger built... I really don't see Harley working in the new films. That Joker didn't seem like the sort to let a demented girl follow him around.
  • w00t 18 May 2010 20:53:06 11,047 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If it stops at a trliogy, i reckon it'll end with Bruce going to a circus...

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• Dragul 18 May 2010 20:57:17 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Considering the character that Nolan and Ledger built... I really don't see Harley working in the new films. That Joker didn't seem like the sort to let a demented girl follow him around.

Yeah, but imagine, a room full with newpaper cuts, and a girl cutting herself to look like the Joker, she is demented, it doens't need to really be Joker's love...

I just need Catwoman DAMMIT!!!!

:p
  • TheHammerite 18 May 2010 20:59:31 1,512 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Daniel Day Lewis as the Penguin
  • ProfessorLesser 18 May 2010 21:02:09 19,352 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I agree, Harley need having basically nothing to do with the Joker. She needs to be deluded and obsessed with the thought of freeing him (he was arrested, wasn't he? I don't remember his death) - and she can either fail or succeed, without the Joker himself being in the film.

I think Harley giving her life to free the Joker at the end of the film, with some sort of discussion on the continuing need for Batman, would be quite a good end to the trilogy really.
  • M83J01P97 18 May 2010 21:02:37 6,529 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I could see Daniel Day Lewis do a very, very different, but very, very good take on the Riddler actually...
  • Dragul 18 May 2010 21:07:18 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    I agree, Harley need having basically nothing to do with the Joker. She needs to be deluded and obsessed with the thought of freeing him (he was arrested, wasn't he? I don't remember his death) - and she can either fail or succeed, without the Joker himself being in the film.

I think Harley giving her life to free the Joker at the end of the film, with some sort of discussion on the continuing need for Batman, would be quite a good end to the trilogy really.

The Joker died in the end and Batman was blaimed for the death of Two Face

But you created an much better Harley than I... ;)
  • M83J01P97 18 May 2010 21:09:51 6,529 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Joker never died. We never saw him again after Batman left him to confront Two Face.
  • CosmicFuzz 18 May 2010 21:13:35 23,132 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Joker survives at the end of Dark Knight, swinging from the grappling hook.

He was definitely meant to come back, I think. Would have been good.

I vote for Riddler. Day Lewis would be awesome.

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with remastered games? Read my thoughts!

• Deleted user 18 May 2010 21:23:26
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    I could see Daniel Day Lewis do a very, very different, but very, very good take on the Riddler actually...

Yes please!

He is a great actor and would add that seriousness to the role that Nolan/WB would like no doubt. It needs an actor like that to disassociate the Riddler from the Jim Carrey one.
  • Scurrminator 18 May 2010 21:27:23 8,377 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah Joker is arrested at the end of the film.
    Batman won't cross that line and kill him, the one rule Joker wants him to break. In the end he does - killing Dent.
    Last we see of Joker he's upside down, laughing, as the SWAT team surrounds him.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• morriss 18 May 2010 21:42:17 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nolan has said "No Penguin."

The Riddler is just the Joker but not as good unless they read Dark Knight, Dark City, which Goyer probably has but still, I have massive reservations about him being the main villain.

Harley is shit and shouldn't be considered.

Please stop ruining my life with these sacrilegious comments.

It's also all but been confirmed that Batman 3 was to include the Joker. Hopefully they'll just recast him.
  • Deleted user 18 May 2010 21:58:19
    Ledger wasn't that great as the joker for fuck sake, if he hadn't died it would have been a pretty much forgettable performance. Recast and move on.
  • morriss 18 May 2010 21:59:22 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jesus Christ.
  • LockeTribal 18 May 2010 22:00:06 4,490 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tina Fey as Poison Ivy.

Alec Baldwin as The Penguin.
  • morriss 18 May 2010 22:01:58 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nolan has said so powers. No fantasy. ==== No Penguin. No Ivy. No Bane. etc.
  • ProfessorLesser 18 May 2010 22:02:26 19,352 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Quite a lot of Batman villains are the same though, because few of them have any 'powers' and ultimately boil down to 'just criminals'. The main distinguishing features are their image and personalities, and I believe there is room to distinguish between the Joker and the Riddler there. Also I just really like the colour green :-)

Why is Harley shit? For Nolan's films she basically only needs to be a name, and the character can be whatever you want, so long as she has some form of Joker-worshipping complex. She's perfect for it imo.
  • Page

of 132 First / Last