The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) Page 126

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• Gruff 13 Dec 2012 16:09:51 2,855 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    No, it is brilliant and you have shit taste.
    Clearly I missed out everyone intelligent.
    Well played Gambit, well played....

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• imamazed 13 Dec 2012 16:14:54 5,537 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's alright. Certainly not awful but by no means a masterpiece either. Don't know why it has to be one extreme or the other
  • GuiltySpark 13 Dec 2012 16:15:31 6,369 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    It's alright. Certainly not awful but by no means a masterpiece either. Don't know why it has to be one extreme or the other
    BECAUSE INTERNET

Get bent.

• Deleted user 14 December 2012 07:30:47
    First time I watched this film a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say it was a big let down. I hope, I think, I'm going to enjoy it more the second viewing. I did with TDK, but that had The Joker.
  • GuiltySpark 14 Dec 2012 09:25:47 6,369 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    First time I watched this film a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say it was a big let down. I hope, I think, I'm going to enjoy it more the second viewing. I did with TDK, but that had The Joker.
    I actually disliked it more on the second viewing, at least the first viewing had the "this could get really good at any second" factor.

Get bent.

• nickthegun 14 Dec 2012 09:38:00 59,537 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You just pick more holes in it on a repeated viewing. Virtually every scene in the entire film has something that makes you raise an eyebrow.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Deleted user 14 December 2012 10:00:45
    Hmm. Oh dear.

Well I'm going to watch the trilogy over three evenings, see how they each hold up.

I got to say I didn't like the idea of Bane when he was announced, and I didn't like him in the film that much. He never came across with enough menace for me, also they did well hiding Tom Hardy's height, but if you know his height and slight size (watch This Means War), I find it hard to ignore. He was ok, but so many other Batman villains to pick from!
  • GuiltySpark 14 Dec 2012 10:44:55 6,369 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nah Bane was fine, even the way they dealt with him was fine. It was the story that was a bit naff, or at least the way they handled it.

Get bent.

• Dougs 14 Dec 2012 10:52:01 67,299 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Plot holes everywhere, but I enjoyed it as an action shit kicker. Just don't take it seriously.
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 10:54:44
    Yeah you're right, the story didn't do Bane justice at all.
  • LeoliansBro 14 Dec 2012 10:57:10 43,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Where has this obsession of Batman as some heavily armoured walking tank come from?

The only fight in any film that's come close to conveying how he should move was the Arkham Asylum basement scene from BB.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• RedSparrows 14 Dec 2012 11:02:16 22,350 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    (watch This Means War)
    Don't. For the love of God.
  • rodbull 14 Dec 2012 11:09:04 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bought the trilogy last week at tesco £25 on blu ray didn't manage to watch this movie at the cinema ......what a terrible film worse than the second one out of the 3 i prefered batman begins the best my fave anyway.

TDK was way overrated old boy jack was way a better joker than Heath RIP.

Edited by rodbull at 11:10:31 14-12-2012
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 11:13:09
    I still don't know if I want to see a continuation of this story or them to just reboot again in some form.

There aren't many other writers/directors that are likely try to be as ambitious with this type of film, for all it's flaws.
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 11:14:25
    And if you class any of them as 'terrible' then there are way more films you need to watch first.
  • Gambit1977 14 Dec 2012 11:22:02 9,583 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    And if you class any of them as 'terrible' then there are way more films you need to watch first.
    Similar could be said of 'ambitious'.
    It's set in the real world to avoid anything remotely amibitious IMO.
  • LeoliansBro 14 Dec 2012 11:22:56 43,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They're not terrible. They are disappointing. TDKR was nothing like as good as everyone thought it was going to be though, and retrospectively you can see the rot start to set in with TDK (although it's easy to miss given how good Heath Ledger is in that film).

• Deleted user 14 December 2012 11:28:56
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    You think trying to ground something so inherently ridiculous in reality is in ambitious?

Not what I was referring to anyway. For this type of film it attempts to explore far more complex ideas than batman punches bad guys, in fact I can't think of that many blockbusters that strive to be as complex in its ideas.

Not saying it is successful in all of them but it tries.
  • nickthegun 14 Dec 2012 11:28:58 59,537 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Like prometheus, it just needed someone to go through the script with a clear head and say

No
    No
    Doesnt make sense
    No
    Confusing
    No
    Idiotic
    No
    Why would he act like that?
    No
    No
    A nuclear blast that close would cause a radioactive tidal wave
    No

• Inertia 14 Dec 2012 11:31:19 677 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It all comes down to expectation. And it was the worst of the trilogy which kind of leaves it on a downer. It was an enjoyable movie but very disjointed. It just felt like lots of parts trying to make something bigger.

Great movies are as much accident as genius. Very few directors can touch everything and make it gold. So many factors, out of the directors control, could go right or wrong. But TDKR was a competent production, and Nolan is a very technical director, without, this particular film, having any magic to raise it higher.
  • nickthegun 14 Dec 2012 11:31:37 59,537 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They arent that complex. They are writ quite large and simply when everything is boiled down and some of them are, frankly, idiotic.

Gotham needs batman, gotham doesnt need batman, gotham needs batman, gotham needs a hero that isnt batman.

• Gambit1977 14 Dec 2012 11:32:34 9,583 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    You think trying to ground something so inherently ridiculous in reality is in ambitious?

Not what I was referring to anyway. For this type of film it attempts to explore far more complex ideas than batman punches bad guys, in fact I can't think of that many blockbusters that strive to be as complex in its ideas.

Not saying it is successful in all of them but it tries.
    I just think you were picking on someone saying it was 'terrible', in a same way you think it's 'amibitious'. Honestly, it's really not. But that's why people have discussions, because if we all agreed, we'd be very dull indeed :D

I loved BB, after a 2 year break from watching it a second time. TDK I find incredibly difficult to sit through again in one sitting, and TDKR is just truly stupid to me. I would go as far as to say I enjoyed The Amazing Spiderman more. I love quality movies as much as anyone, but there's more to it than just being a bit glossy.

For the next bats, I'd love Aronofsky to finally get the reigns. Some real darkness, and psychology to the whole thing as well as, more importantly, a soul. But I doubt many would share my feeling.

Edited by Gambit1977 at 11:33:19 14-12-2012
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 11:34:22
    Yeah, I'm not sure if I like the bomb as the method of forcing the city to be locked down. I like the lock down idea though.
  • nickthegun 14 Dec 2012 11:35:05 59,537 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For the next batman movie, they are going to have to actually make him like the comics this time if he is to be of any use to the justice league.

Meaning they could go all out, hard boiled noir. They wont, but they should.

• LeoliansBro 14 Dec 2012 11:35:33 43,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:

Absolutely this.

• nickthegun 14 Dec 2012 11:38:15 59,537 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not sure if I like the bomb as the method of forcing the city to be locked down. I like the lock down idea though.
    it was a case of writing yourself into a corner. It was really the only way he could seize control of the city without the army invading and shooting him in the face with a tank.

But then to credibly get rid of the bomb, you would need half an hour left on the clock to fly it right out to sea, which is basically unfilmable.

Also you wouldnt have the lovely moment where everyone is shouting 'WHAT THE FUCK?' at the screen when he has 90 seconds left on the clock and he spends 30 of those making out with catwoman.

• Deleted user 14 December 2012 11:40:07
    I've been clear about how it attempts to be ambitious.

Boring, muddled etc maybe but terrible? No.

Although you like Amazing Spider-Man more? Yeesh.
  • Gambit1977 14 Dec 2012 11:40:59 9,583 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    I've been clear about how it attempts to be ambitious.

Boring, muddled etc maybe but terrible? No.

Although you like Amazing Spider-Man more? Yeesh.
    I think you missed my point somewhat. I at least found TAS entertaining.
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 11:42:16
    nickthegun wrote:
    For the next batman movie, they are going to have to actually make him like the comics this time if he is to be of any use to the justice league.

Or try this style for all the characters which would be hilariously bad. I could see it working for Flash, GL, Superman and Wonder Woman but anyone else and any threat would be...interesting.
  • nickthegun 14 Dec 2012 11:43:24 59,537 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The amazing spiderman was stupid AND interminable. Its one of those films that I could happily never watch again.

• Page

of 132 First / Last