of 132 First / Last

• kingcrowbar 1 May 2010 13:15:57 911 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Ventriloquist please.
  • dsmx 1 May 2010 13:21:08 7,563 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lol he was good in the animated series, actually to be fair there are a lot of good enemies in the batman universe but the joker was always the best one. Which is a real shame, although there's always harley quinn...

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Lexx87 1 May 2010 13:22:01 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in a SEXUAL STANDOFF.

Speak the truth hussy!

• the_dudefather 1 May 2010 13:22:27 9,204 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A nice fake poster for the Riddler in Batman.

The whole 'who is batman' thing would be a bit scuppered by that random accountant in TDK though.

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• ElectricDemon 1 May 2010 13:55:59 2,417 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    With regards to what villain, I think the Riddler is a good shout, but as has been mentioned, they'd need to take measures to prevent him from being too similar to The Joker.

I've always thought they could do a more outlandish villain if they tried to establish them logically, so they were more of an interpretation rather than strict comic adaptation. For example, they could do Poison Ivy as some kind of bio-terrorist.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 1 May 2010 13:57:13 9,727 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They should write the Robin character into it.. AS A VILLAIN.
  • Gambit1977 1 May 2010 13:58:48 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ElectricDemon wrote:
    With regards to what villain, I think the Riddler is a good shout, but as has been mentioned, they'd need to take measures to prevent him from being too similar to The Joker.

I've always thought they could do a more outlandish villain if they tried to establish them logically, so they were more of an interpretation rather than strict comic adaptation. For example, they could do Poison Ivy as some kind of bio-terrorist.

As I said earlier. A very calculating and cold, intelligent serial killer.

I quite like the title 'where is the batman?' but it'd hardly a catchy name.
  • PazJohnMitch 1 May 2010 14:03:14 7,830 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Actually quite like the idea of Di Caprio as Riddler.
  • Gambit1977 1 May 2010 14:09:12 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Actually quite like the idea of Di Caprio as Riddler.

If he enjoyed working with Nolan last year, it's a strong possibility. Still want William h macy to try it though...
  • morriss 1 May 2010 16:11:14 70,911 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thing is, this'll be the last Batman film Nolan makes. Just having the Riddler as the enemy, with Batman winning at the end feels and sounds a bit flat, to me. Nolan usually wants to try and make some kind of social statement with his films.
  • iokthemonkey 1 May 2010 16:30:25 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As has been said, the Riddler could be a really good choice if he's done kind of like Scorpio from Dirty Harry, in that he plays a game with the cops and taunts them by telling them who he's going after next, etc.

Or even better, he could invent a blender-thing that sits on top of your TV and sucks out your memories and thoughts. That would fit perfectly with the riddle-based MO.

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• Hunam 1 May 2010 16:35:59 20,674 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Thing is, this'll be the last Batman film Nolan makes. Just having the Riddler as the enemy, with Batman winning at the end feels and sounds a bit flat, to me. Nolan usually wants to try and make some kind of social statement with his films.

So more like Batman retires for a bit but then someone comes right after Wayne and continues to hit personally go after him... Black Mask style?
  • ProfessorLesser 1 May 2010 16:41:20 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't even know why anyone would want anyone other than the Riddler, he's perfect for this treatment. So is Mad Hatter and Harley Quinn. Catwoman has been done and I don't think she can be incorporated in any original or interesting way.

So yeah, those three get my backing. I'd be very disappointed if the Riddler wasn't in it. And I want more fucking Scarecrow. (Murphy would make a terrific Riddler!)
  • Khanivor 1 May 2010 16:44:58 40,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nicholas Cage as the Riddler!
  • Hunam 1 May 2010 16:46:06 20,674 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Someone also made a fake poster with Harley on it as she would look played by Kristen Bell, which is something I'd endorse.
  • ProfessorLesser 1 May 2010 16:58:03 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Link?
  • Derblington 1 May 2010 16:59:31 21,332 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=sv&tab=wi" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://images.google.se/images?q=harley%20quinn%20kristen%20bell&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=sv&tab=wi
  • Genji 1 May 2010 17:02:21 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mickey Rourke as Clayface. You heard it here first.

Or Solomon Grundy.
  • Hunam 1 May 2010 17:03:57 20,674 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The posters aren't amazing, but the idea is. Plus there is a video of an interviewer telling her about the posters and she getting quite excited about the idea saying she's always wanted to play harley.
  • ElectricDemon 1 May 2010 17:04:06 2,417 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kristen Bell + Harley Quinn would be AWESOME.

Especially if she wears the Arkham Asylum-type outfit.....

/loves Kristen Bell
  • ProfessorLesser 1 May 2010 17:23:53 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Harley Quinn for Joker tie-in vengeance, Riddler because he's GOT to be. Would love it.
  • Derblington 1 May 2010 17:30:01 21,332 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I kinda think that the return of the Joker with the addition of Harley would be full of win.
  • ProfessorLesser 1 May 2010 17:35:14 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nah, I'd like to see some progression first. Maybe this film should be about Harley trying to spring the Joker. Batman has to abandon her to stop the Riddler first, who is more intent on terrorism, but by the time he catches up to Harley, it's too late...
  • Derblington 1 May 2010 17:39:24 21,332 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd rather not drag it out into a 4th film. I'd have been happy to stop with TDK, as was originally intended, but I understand the appeal of more money. Nolan should stop with 3 though, and I'm not entirely sure a "new" villain is needed again, especially with the set-up line from the Joker in TDK. Harley as a side-kick would be just enough.
  • ProfessorLesser 1 May 2010 17:48:03 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe. Nolan probably will stop with three. I don't think it makes any sense to stop the storyline... if there's quality left, there's quality left. A change of director could even be the thing to ensure that. Tbh I just think the Riddler needs to be done, because the potential is huge.

Incidentally, I've been wondering recently, the current fad of trilogies started something around 10 years ago now. So we've had time to see a lot of them - we've had a lot of Blockbuster 3s. Why is it that so few make it to their 4th iteration? Why don't we get decent canon in films? Is it because each one has to be so interesting and flashy that we simply exhaust our options early on?

X-men and (soon) Pirates of the Caribbean are the only ones I can think of that are really making a stab at this. Anyone care to correct me? Share an insight?
  • Derblington 1 May 2010 18:12:29 21,332 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's only really books that do proper canon sequels, that I can think of. Every other media requires each subsequent story to act as a sufficient 'jumping on point' in order to maximise earnings.

As for going past the big 3 - Alien, Rocky, Rambo, Indy, Star Wars (two trilogies though) and Die Hard all did it in some form.
  • ProfessorLesser 1 May 2010 18:19:07 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    none of those are modern though, are they? Nothing that started in a 'three installments ago' sort of timeframe has actually managed to keep its momentum. Apart from X-men and Pirates. And Bourne? Whatever happened to that?

I just think it's a little odd. The biggest exception I can think of is James Bond, which just keeps going and going. It's not proper canon, but he above anyone else I can think of is a character people are pretty happy just to keep coming back to...
  • CosmicFuzz 1 May 2010 18:22:49 23,337 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Star Trek?

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• ProfessorLesser 1 May 2010 18:30:30 19,352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah... kinda. Tends to be much longer between installments though, so not quite the same deal.
  • Page

of 132 First / Last