The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3)

• Page

of 132 First / Last

Previous
  • BinaryBob101 1 May 2010 00:04:41 22,635 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    We can all rejoice. The sequel to The Dark Knight has a release date!

Warner Brothers have finally confirmed it's coming out July 20th, 2012.

Nothing else here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44884

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• Hunam 1 May 2010 00:05:49 20,674 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It has some news, like finally confirming the extent of Nolans input on it. As at one point it was assumed he would just produce.
  • BinaryBob101 1 May 2010 07:25:52 22,635 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When? For the last few months Nolan's name has been all over the third film.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• morriss 1 May 2010 08:31:12 70,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \o/
  • Genji 1 May 2010 08:37:56 19,689 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What will it be about, I wonder. Two of the most prolific Batman villains died in the last film.

Well, Joker didn't die, but Keith Ledger sure did.
  • matrim83 1 May 2010 08:46:47 5,587 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its a shame Gary Oldman is already playing Gordon. I think he would have made an excellent Joker. Hell he was the Joker in Leon, only with no make up.

Valar morghulis.

• morriss 1 May 2010 10:23:12 70,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's pretty much perfect as Gordon, however.
  • morriss 1 May 2010 10:26:00 70,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Strange timing, too. The Spiderman reboot releases on July 3rd.
  • Shrike 1 May 2010 10:26:54 405 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Given how much TDK does to establish that Batman's more powerful as a myth/enigma/"someone to hunt" it'd be cool if the villain in the new one was the Riddler attempting to unlock what actually happened between Bats, Gordon and Dent. Not sure if that would prop up the whole film but it would fit nicely, I think.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 May 2010 10:27:57 23,823 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd love to see Nolan's take on the Riddler.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• PearOfAnguish 1 May 2010 10:28:11 7,200 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thank God it's coming out before the world ends.

Hope Bale stops using that stupid voice.
  • morriss 1 May 2010 10:28:59 70,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He won't. :)
  • Ged42 1 May 2010 10:29:00 7,717 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wonder what villians they will go for?

Batman and Catwoman's relationship could be made into something interesting, though which actress should fill Catwoman's leathers?

Mr. Freeze has a good story and that can't do worse than Arnie's portrayal... can they?
    Though for some reason John Malkovich popped into my head, when I thought of who to play him. The suit might be too high tech for the Nolan Batman universe anyway.

Riddler needs to well written to avoid coming across as a Joker rip off.

Bane breaking batty boy's back?

The Al Ghuls?
  • morriss 1 May 2010 10:30:56 70,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr. Freeze is the worst villain of the lot.

It'll be the Riddler r someone completely left field, imo. OR, as has been discussed, just re-cast The Joker and have him in it again. :)
  • CosmicFuzz 1 May 2010 10:33:22 23,823 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr Freeze is too 'out there' for this universe I think, with his tech. Talia Al Ghul is a good shout, tie back to the first one. A proper Riddler, ie serious, cold, calculating and playing games with his victims etc would be great. Almost more like a serial killer taunting the police. Catwoman would be tough to do right. Who is she? A gymnastic woman who flips about? Would be the hardest to get right IMO.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• morriss 1 May 2010 10:35:23 70,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or just bring Two-Face back and completely ruin the impact of TDK.
  • Shrike 1 May 2010 10:36:17 405 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, no Catwoman, please. They put a lot of effort into explaining why Bruce Wayne can do what he can do - to have someone else turning up who go toe to toe with Bats for no particular reason would be pants. Unless it's an Al Ghul. I wouldn't mind having Ra's back, actually. Surviving stuff like that train crash is kinda his deal.
  • Hunam 1 May 2010 10:36:29 20,674 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't see anything like Killer Croc or Clayface turning up, and I think Bane might be a stretch too as the Nolan world is more human, which does kind of lead to the riddler being the defacto choice as he also doesn't have super powers of any kind.

I'd quite like to see Harley Quinn in the film in some role, perhaps played by Emma Caulfield as my personal choice, but for big baddy that is pushing gotham over the brink? Riddler seems the obvious one and I guess I can't see anyone else really filling the role.
  • Shrike 1 May 2010 10:39:21 405 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One word: Orca.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orca_(comics)
  • morriss 1 May 2010 10:40:31 70,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One word: No.
  • Gambit1977 1 May 2010 10:41:45 9,583 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mad Hatter for me please :-) and noone else! Lets finish Nolans trilogy without an overly busy storyline and the usual too many bad guys problem.
  • morriss 1 May 2010 10:42:40 70,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hugo Strange. Although he's pants.

Choose from the list! :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_villains
  • Gambit1977 1 May 2010 10:46:50 9,583 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If they were to go with The Riddler, I'd like a really creepy serial killer turn...sort of Kevin Spacey in Seven. my first choice would be William H Macy but if not, maybe Steve Buscemi or Malkovich (but not just as charactures of themselves, which is always a danger with them).
  • PazJohnMitch 1 May 2010 10:47:56 7,988 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I imagine the Riddler is a certainty after Keith Ledger.

The characters used in these films seem to be the ones which are the most realistic. Therefore the likes of Mr Freeze, Bane and Poison Ivy are probably unlikely. Although saying that they incorporated Scarecrow really well. So one of the above might feature but only one.

I am very scared that Robin will make an appearance. I hate Robin, in fact I hate all hero sidekicks. (Villian sidekicks I quite like though).

Catwoman is a likely addition, the penguin could easily fit into the story but he is pointless. I think the psycho serial killer at the start of Arkham Asylum would fit into the film worlds really well but he is not exactly a big star. Also the guy with the exact same story as Batman but in reverse could be well implemented. (Parents killed by cops etc). But again not very well known and would probably be too close to the Green Goblin from the Spiderman films.
  • Hunam 1 May 2010 10:48:53 20,674 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh, I didn't know Harley came from the cartoon first. That's pretty awesome.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 May 2010 10:51:37 23,823 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Robin won't be in it I don't think, Nolan has spoken out against him on several occasions. But I think he could be fine if done well.

• Articulate-Troll 1 May 2010 11:04:07 3,101 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think there's a rule that there will be no other 'animal' based characters in Nolan's world, so Catwoman and the Penguin are unlikely.

Riddler seems the most likely although there is a danger he'll end up too similar to the Joker. I want a villain that feels distinct from Ledger's Joker.
  • beastmaster 1 May 2010 11:04:26 11,315 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think he should go with an unobvious choice for Catwoman. I certainly wouldn't have thought Michelle Pfieffer to play her and she turned out to be sensational.

Gemma Arterton? I do have a thang for her but she really can act. Anyone disputing that should watch Alice Creed. Emily Blunt would be good as well.

Philip S. Hoffman for Penguin perhaps.

He may end up casting DiCaprio as a villian.

Who knows. Will be a very interesting film to follow.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Flightrisker 1 May 2010 11:12:02 18,096 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the Calendar Man story would suit Nolan's style very well. I think it's need to be paired with a Name Villain though. Can't see too many rushing to the multiplexs to see Batman do battle with Julian Day.

Other than that I guess Riddler does stand out as the most obvious choice now that they've done Joker, Two Face and Scarecrow.

Just terrified that they'll cast Depp and do it in 3d.

Batman 3-D, shit that's a shoe in isn't it?
  • Lexx87 1 May 2010 11:20:14 20,869 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    3D can fuck off to be honest.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Page

of 132 First / Last

Previous