Behold - The Mighty THOR! Page 9

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next
  • kalel 22 Apr 2013 14:13:53 86,975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The solution to Thor being the most ridiculous character in the Avengers has been to make him into the comic relief, but it's not really working for me personally. I thought it was the weakest of the back story films.
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 14:21:09 59,461 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I preferred it to Captain America and Iron Man 2. It was a good little fish out of water tale and even in the comics, hes the butt of a fair few 'oh, thor what are you like?' jokes.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 22 Apr 2013 14:26:22 86,975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just thought the Ultimates approach to Thor (ambiguous whether he was really a god or just a mentalist with powers), was a far more interesting and appropriate premise for the film.

The whole Asgard thing was just so ridiculous looking, and far away from the universe that had been set up in the other Marvel films (at that point). Also Loki was shit as well (and again, would have been far more interesting as a potential figment of Thor's imagination).

They still could have had all the funny bits where Thor smashes his coffee cup and tries to buy a horse from a pet store.
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 14:29:52 59,461 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wasnt massively keen on them implying that the asgardians were 'sufficiently advanced aliens' rather than actual gods just to appease the american right, but there you go.

The problem with going full ultimates is that Thor is the 'cosmic' one that gets the whole ball rolling and you would assume that it would be harder and longer to get the ball rolling. Plus he would have to interact with other super powered people for it to work. I think, logistically, it would have been difficult but I do agree it would have been a better story.

He totally called it

• kalel 22 Apr 2013 14:31:33 86,975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Either way, I just thought the Asgard stuff was awful. Once he got to earth the film was on pretty solid ground but the first half hour or so is wank.
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 14:38:40 59,461 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You have to show thors fall from grace, so you you have to have asgard at some point, be it early doors or eventual flashback.

He totally called it

• Deleted user 22 April 2013 14:42:13
    I enjoyed Thor but agree with kal in that it didn't really gel that well with the Marvel universe as they've set it up. Plus there's the still unexplained thing of "At the end of Thor he says he can never come back to Earth for a bit of ending pathos, but by the time Avengers turns up both him and Loki can seemingly travel there at will".
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 14:45:47 59,461 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was handwaved with 'It took all of my fathers power to get me here...' and I assume the bridge thing will be sorted by the start of this new one. One of those story dead ends that they will probably ignore.

He totally called it

• Shikasama 22 Apr 2013 14:47:41 6,756 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I disagree almost entirely with kalel. I thought that the Asgard stuff in particular was a stroke of genius. Thematically familiar with the science/technological Earth they have developed in the other films and explaining their abilities with a decent 'basicaly they are aliens and the people in the past worshiped them as gods' deal.

Regarding them coming back to Earth, Loki used the cosmic cube and there was lip service paid to the efforts taken to get Thor there. If there was 15 minutes of exposition regarding their travel details it would have been rather out of place.

Thor was my favourite of the phase 1 films, I thought they did a generally excellent job of melding the fantastical elements of Thor with the techromancy of Iron Man, whilst allowing for more of both to co-exist very nicely. Not to mention the conduit to the rest of the cosmic stuff.
  • kalel 22 Apr 2013 14:54:29 86,975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nah.
  • Shikasama 22 Apr 2013 15:02:17 6,756 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aye!
  • kalel 22 Apr 2013 15:03:07 86,975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maybe.

Nah.
  • varsas 23 Apr 2013 10:16:39 2,401 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I enjoyed the original Thor film and the new one looks to continue in the same vein; I'm glad it is being different tonally to the other Marvel films since it makes it far more interesting to watch. I also like sound of the Captain America film too; I liked the old fashioned feel of the first one.
  • Tonka 23 Apr 2013 12:56:48 20,222 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thor was shit.
    Both the "They are real gods" and the "They are advanced alions" angle are shit. There is nothing to be done about it. Well maybe a mentally ill superhero could work but why would a superhero NOT suffer from a case of god delusion so it risks undermining every superhero there is.

Shit throwaway shit fest with shit acting and shit jokes.

Can't see why this is made.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Shikasama 23 Apr 2013 13:14:38 6,756 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So you liked it Tonka?
  • GuiltySpark 23 Apr 2013 13:15:02 6,363 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, Thor was completely forgettable. But then again, I thought Captain America was as well.

Aside from Iron Man 1, which was "fairly okay", the Marvel films have been on the whole, quite poor.

Except The Avengers, which was ace.

Get bent.

• BinaryBob101 23 Apr 2013 13:43:40 22,637 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    New trailer:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/thor/25342/first-trailer-for-thor-the-dark-world

It looks very cheaply made.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• Tonka 23 Apr 2013 13:48:02 20,222 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why was I under the impression that Natalie Portman was a good actress who acted in good films?

• BinaryBob101 23 Apr 2013 13:49:59 22,637 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Have you seen The Phantom Menace?

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• Tonka 23 Apr 2013 13:56:03 20,222 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THAT'S IT!

• Latin 23 Apr 2013 13:59:56 3,609 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Natalie Portman... Definitely going to watch
  • CharlieStCloud 23 Apr 2013 14:28:06 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    It looks very cheaply made.
    My thoughts exactly ...

... looks like a Saturday morning cartoon (for hyperactive kids) in places.

Not holding out much for this one compared to the sequel to Captain America and Iron Man 3.
  • khaz 23 Apr 2013 15:52:42 2,781 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it looks exactly like its meant too. Utterly daft and with more Loki and Odin!

Think I'll enjoy it like the first one. I'm assuming that this will be the second film in the lead upto Avengers 2 after IM3?
  • Latin 23 Apr 2013 16:01:19 3,609 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think it looks good (enough), not being released until november so probably lots more post production work to do. The first one didn't exactly make loads and we all know the big pay off will be avengers 2 anyway.
  • Deleted user 23 April 2013 17:05:31
    What's with the trend of filming in (and destroying) London at the moment? Both this and Trek do it.
  • Latin 23 Apr 2013 17:11:41 3,609 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @meme People are sick of New York being attacked!
  • Menace 23 Apr 2013 18:59:32 5,743 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mmmm Natalie Portman! The things I'd do to her.. (provided she consented of course).

I even approve of her in Star Wars - that part where her clothes were torn off (not enough) was the best part..

/gets coat

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• B0rked_Gamer 23 Apr 2013 19:11:47 2,566 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looooooove Thor. That is to say I totally love Chris Hemsworth so am looking forward to more Chris. I mean more Thor.

sigh
  • varsas 6 Nov 2013 14:54:31 2,401 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has anyone else watched the new Thor film? I watched it at the weekend and enjoyed it; probably more than the first because it also had more humour in dialogue and sight gags e.g. Thor hanging his hammer on the coat rack.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Next