Front Mission

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 23 April 2010 12:50:55
    Hello All,

I love Front Mission. I also love front bums. However, I will stay on the former subject for the time being.

I know there are the two Front Mission games on DS, and I've only played the first one but I wasn't impressed at all.

Now, Front Mission 3 for me is a great game. I wish I could play it portably, but I can't outright confirm it works on PSP and more importantly, I only have a DS. Can someone recommend a similar game in style and mechanics for me with works on our beloved dual screen system?

With the sincerest of thanks,

schnide

ps VAGINAS!

pps Damn.
  • jellyhead 23 Apr 2010 12:55:00 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can't help you with the games unfortunately but i'm glad someone else thinks "Front bottom Mission" when they see the title :)

I need psychological help, i'm sure of it.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Deleted user 23 April 2010 12:56:33
    Pretty much anything makes me think of front bottoms, except when I am distracted by breasts, which is often.

I also like Advance Wars (although this information is more for the question about games).
  • rickalish 23 Apr 2010 12:57:52 1,796 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I too love Front Mission 3. My fave PSX game in actual fact! (besides the FF games)

Don't know about the PSP thing you're talking about though.
  • jellyhead 23 Apr 2010 13:02:31 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PSP can play PS1 games from a disk image... i think.

• Deleted user 23 April 2010 13:07:43
    ^^ You can convert a PS1 disk into an "eboot" file which then can be played on the PSP. Some reading on custom firmware and PSX2PSP is required though. Not all games are 100% compatible and some require user input using a so-called "popstation" plugin. Again, this all is possible only on a customized PSP, unless the game is officially released via PSN.
  • jellyhead 23 Apr 2010 13:29:12 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aha, i was getting the PSN and the other method mixed together. Cheers.

• Deleted user 23 April 2010 13:30:49
    So any suggestions still welcome ;)
  • oldschoolsoviet 23 Apr 2010 17:23:18 5,478 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It works.....just. Emma's story is bugged, and crashes at a point roughly 6 hours in (during a route selection), but Alicia's is okay......

....bat the Leg 0hp bug, which crashes the game when a Wanzer's legs are destroyed.

Still, it's worth the trouble. :)

No idea about other suggestions, PSP or DS, as I'd have bought them already. :(
  • redcrayon 23 Apr 2010 20:33:02 4,558 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Try Mytran Wars on the PSP- it's not too far off. There's a thread on it in 'the strategy games group' if that helps!

Front Mission on the DS does lack the charm of Front Mission 3, it just doesn't feel as polished as it should. If they are going to port a SNES game, they could have tidied it up a bit or gone for a graphical style more suited to the DS.
  • Deleted user 26 April 2010 10:14:47
    Cheers redcrayon - but I only have a DS. Doh!
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next