Upcoming gigs & tours thread Page 7

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• localnotail 19 Jun 2011 18:12:30 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Grandmaster Flash (!) at the Ruby Lounge in Manchester on 8th September.

Sweet!

Just got tickets for the Fear of a Black Planet tour, in full, September (UK) \o/

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• dutchspeededup 19 Jun 2011 18:15:33 4,376 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    Grandmaster Flash (!) at the Ruby Lounge in Manchester on 8th September.

Sweet!

Just got tickets for the Fear of a Black Planet tour, in full, September (UK) \o/

Holy fuck, how did I miss this?
  • localnotail 19 Jun 2011 18:22:26 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Only just heard about it today myself, bought tickets immediately. Only 6 UK dates, and one of them is Bestival.

• Vortex808 19 Jun 2011 18:37:24 6,938 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That would be rather good. I saw PE numerous years ago, but they were doing a metal-ly sort of thing then, so it wasn't as enjoyable as it should've been. Metal has it's place, but it's not anywhere near public enemy tunes.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Jun 2011 18:41:15 14,389 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    That would be rather good. I saw PE numerous years ago, but they were doing a metal-ly sort of thing then, so it wasn't as enjoyable as it should've been. Metal has it's place, but it's not anywhere near public enemy tunes.

The first 2 PE albums still stand up today, brilliant writing and delivery from Chuck D.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• localnotail 19 Jun 2011 18:44:18 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Metal has it's place, but it's not anywhere near public enemy tunes.

Anthrax say Bring the noise it ;)

Only 25 +fees - well worth it I reckon.

• Vortex808 19 Jun 2011 18:45:06 6,938 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

The first 2 PE albums still stand up today, brilliant writing and delivery from Chuck D.

Definitely. I still listen to them and can even play them in the car when our son's there. Unlike NWA, Cypress Hill, Wu Tang etc...
  • BillMurray 11 Aug 2011 17:43:40 7,605 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bit quiet in this thread..

Anyway, even though they're a couple of months off i'm really rather looking forward to seeing Envy at the Brudenell in Leeds and Mend This Tear and HHH playing in Peterborough in October.

Awesome times all round!
  • localnotail 9 Sep 2011 16:54:09 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DJ Shadow in December \o/

• Vortex808 9 Sep 2011 18:07:10 6,938 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ha. Just spotted P.W.E.I. are touring again and spotted there is apparently a new album in the pipeline.

Any ex-grebo's in here heard any of the new stuff?
  • figgis 9 Sep 2011 18:21:24 7,383 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not the original PWEI line up as Clint is now a multi millionaire and working on Mass Effect 3. They were playing as the Vile Evils a few years ago and sadly not very good.
  • beastmaster 9 Sep 2011 19:19:14 11,155 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got tickets for the following

Anna Calvi, White Lies, Royal Repiblic, Katy Perry, Dum Dum Girls. All at various points over the next few months.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Vortex808 9 Sep 2011 19:46:26 6,938 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    figgis wrote:
    It's not the original PWEI line up as Clint is now a multi millionaire and working on Mass Effect 3. They were playing as the Vile Evils a few years ago and sadly not very good.

Oh dear. I had hoped it was the full band. I shall not get my hopes up then.
  • BartonFink 9 Sep 2011 19:59:10 34,853 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Off to see Staind with some of my brothers and sisters next month in Manchester.
  • Megapocalypse 9 Sep 2011 20:12:07 5,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Manowar UK tour coming up at the beginning of November.
  • richardiox 9 Sep 2011 20:21:55 5,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Bit quiet in this thread..

Anyway, even though they're a couple of months off i'm really rather looking forward to seeing Envy at the Brudenell in Leeds and Mend This Tear and HHH playing in Peterborough in October.

Awesome times all round!

Who are you on Facebook dude? I'll be at that HHH / MTT show. I actually saw them both play 6 weeks ago at a mates (dave, guitarist from hhh) stag do, it's what prompted this reunion show!

Was a great idea for a stag do, hire out a rehearsal room and reform some old bands just for fun.

Did you know the gig went ticket only, think there's still a couple left but be quick, the crown is tiny!
  • BillMurray 9 Sep 2011 21:27:30 7,605 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am indeed on Facebook! I'll PM you my address. Got my ticket a day or two after they went on sale and i'm just waiting to hear back from work if they've let me do a shift swap. Should hopefully find out on Monday. Should be a decent amount of Grimsby folk attending with me, should be a lot of fun!
  • DUFFMAN5 9 Sep 2011 22:18:27 14,389 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got tickets to see Lindsey Buckingham in Southampton in Dec. Can't fookin wait.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• buggrit 12 Sep 2011 18:09:26 5,178 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Erm, Primus just announced two nights at the RAH for April O_O Tickets go on sale Friday.
    /will be at both
  • Deleted user 17 September 2011 11:57:46
    buggrit wrote:
    Erm, Primus just announced two nights at the RAH for April O_O Tickets go on sale Friday.
    /will be at both

ohh... tempting.

got tickets to see Opeth in bristol. Can't wait. Started a major love affair with them. Been meaning to listen them for ages, but saw them at sonisphere. They were awesome.

• Mekanik 17 Sep 2011 12:23:20 3,426 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    buggrit wrote:
    /will be at both

Oooohhhh.
  • Vortex808 8 Nov 2011 20:46:00 6,938 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What the fuck is this about? I have just received some email regarding a gig I'm going to saying I need to take the details and the card I bought the ticket with to the gig.

Are they really likely to check that for everyone going? They surely can't.

I certainly hope not as i no longer have the card i bought it with!
  • Kosmoz 8 Nov 2011 20:49:26 7,588 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That is usually standard for box office collection or e-tickets. Give the venue a ring though, as I'm sure if the card has now expired or been cancelled they will be able to do something.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Vortex808 8 Nov 2011 21:40:46 6,938 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's not for collection or e-tickets. These are for proper printed tickets that have already been posted to me. I have printed a receipt and the statement including the tickets and that's about as good as I can do. I have contacted ticketmaster as well to ask them for advice and register my ire.

I hate touts as much as anyone, but fuck this shit. I'll be fucking raging if I don't get in.
  • Kosmoz 8 Nov 2011 21:46:45 7,588 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've never experienced that with proper tickets, maybe it was a mistake? Who sent the email, the venue or ticketmaster?

• Vortex808 8 Nov 2011 21:49:15 6,938 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    I've never experienced that with proper tickets, maybe it was a mistake? Who sent the email, the venue or ticketmaster?
    It was ticketmaster. I can't see the venue really being too arsed about it, but it does require travel and a hotel, so I'm trying to cover myself just in case!
  • Kosmoz 8 Nov 2011 21:50:07 7,588 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I'd take a statement or something with you too, just in case take some ID too? What gig is it and what venue?

• Vortex808 8 Nov 2011 22:00:41 6,938 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's the Chili peppers at the secc. At 50 quid a ticket for the wife & I it'll be an expensive way to relive my youth if we don't get in!

Mudhoney last year were much easier on the pocket and probably far more enjoyable as they were in a really small venue which was rammed to capacity. I hate large gigs, but fancied going to the chillis as they were a band the missus would like to see. She loathes most of the other 'shite' i like!
  • Kosmoz 8 Nov 2011 22:04:54 7,588 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Will they fuck check everyone's ticket then. Never happened to me there, and I've been a few times over the year. The SECC is massive, you can get tens of thousands of people in Hall 4, so there is no way they will have time to check everyone and get people in before the bands start. Take something just in case, but the chances of the checking are almost 0.

• Deleted user 8 November 2011 22:06:35
    Vortex808 wrote:
    What the fuck is this about? I have just received some email regarding a gig I'm going to saying I need to take the details and the card I bought the ticket with to the gig.

Are they really likely to check that for everyone going? They surely can't.

I certainly hope not as i no longer have the card i bought it with!
    I had that for one. They didn't even look at the ticket, they just looked at the name and number on the card and compared it to their list of people.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last