Upcoming gigs & tours thread

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous
  • localnotail 19 Apr 2010 14:29:03 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know warlock has metal gigs announcement thread, but I figured another more general one won't hurt, I hope.

Pixies 3rd and 4th of June at Troxy, London. £30 with no booking fees attached.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• FWB 19 Apr 2010 14:38:45 44,211 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Billy Childish is playing 30 April and 1st May.
  • Deleted user 19 April 2010 16:25:54
    Going to see Gogol Bordello in May 7th, Hammersmith Apollo.
  • deem 19 Apr 2010 16:29:36 31,641 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Brian Jonestown Massacre on the 14th in London - not sure where.

Band Of Horses at the Roundhouse on June the 9th (saw them last week and they were fucking brilliant).

Thanks for the BC tip FWB - is it with the Musicians Of The British Empire - and is it in London!?

• gamingdave 19 Apr 2010 16:36:08 4,216 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    localnotail wrote:

Result! Cheers for the link.

Only thing I have lined up is Willie Nelson a couple of weeks after, which I am very excited about. Last year got to see the Pixies do Dolittle, The Specials on my birthday, and Morrissey do probably his best solo set ever. This year has been decidedly empty in comparison, but Willie, possible Pixies and maybe Chuck Berry in November could go someway to sort that out.
  • FWB 19 Apr 2010 17:21:19 44,211 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    deem wrote:

Band Of Horses at the Roundhouse on June the 9th (saw them last week and they were fucking brilliant).

Thanks for the BC tip FWB - is it with the Musicians Of The British Empire - and is it in London!?

Yep and yep. First one is at the Dirty Water club, second at the Camden Crawl. Will probably go to the first.
  • JuanKerr 19 Apr 2010 17:23:00 36,239 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doves in Thetford Forest in June. Can't bloody wait!
  • localnotail 20 Apr 2010 20:32:31 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chris Cunningham on tour this weekOnly 2 shows in London and Manchester plus some festivals bits. Just been talking to someone who went to see him last night in Brighton, apparently it's an amazing show. Sadly not coming anywhere near me. Bastard.

• Deleted user 20 April 2010 20:33:35
    localnotail wrote:
    I know warlock has metal gigs announcement thread, but I figured another more general one won't hurt, I hope.

Hoping I can convince a few of my London based mates into going to see this - seems criminal to miss out, cheers for the link
  • beastmaster 20 Apr 2010 20:36:58 11,317 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm off to see Melody Gardot tomorrow night. Going with a mate and have not heard any of her music.

Also got tickets for Marina & The Diamonds, Diane Vickers(!) and the Dot-to-Dot festival at the Manchester Academy.

May get tickets for Santana when they go on sale this Friday.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• DaM 20 Apr 2010 20:49:04 12,985 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think I might have bought a ticket for Pavement at the Barras sometime soon, when pissed and nostalgic one night a few months back....might sell it, it'll just make me feel old....
  • weeno 20 Apr 2010 20:58:12 721 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    I think I might have bought a ticket for Pavement at the Barras sometime soon, when pissed and nostalgic one night a few months back....might sell it, it'll just make me feel old....

Would love to see Pavement, but they aren't playing in Switzerland, thinking about a road trip to Münich, but I'm not sure if I'll make it.
  • gamingdave 20 Apr 2010 21:03:58 4,216 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got tickets to the Pixies now, was listening to the recording from Brixton last year, quality.

Thanks for the thread/link
  • Deleted user 20 April 2010 21:06:44
    DaM wrote:

Wait, rewind, Pavement? When, where, how?

edit: if you don't want your tickets I will take them dude
  • StaticKing 20 Apr 2010 21:22:31 300 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    DaM wrote:

Wait, rewind, Pavement? When, where, how?

edit: if you don't want your tickets I will take them dude

Going to see Pavement at Brixton Academy next month, can't fucking wait!

@Snakehips76, I did give ya'll fair warning in this thread = http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=160821
  • StaticKing 20 Apr 2010 21:24:52 300 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DaM tbh I think everyone at these gigs are going to be of a certain age, I'm sure you'll blend in!
  • Clive_Dunn 20 Apr 2010 22:01:01 4,778 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've got tickets to Pavement at Brixton as well, I'm hoping they finish before 10.30pm as the crowd will all need to be in bed by 11pm with a cup of horlicks.
  • Deleted user 20 April 2010 22:05:18
    oh Clive you cad :p

will check out the link cheers StaticKing

Finger so off the pulse it's untrue. Malkmus on tour = definite viewing come hell or high water etc etc
  • DaM 20 Apr 2010 22:13:36 12,985 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    StaticKing wrote:
    @DaM tbh I think everyone at these gigs are going to be of a certain age, I'm sure you'll blend in!

Hope so! I just remember the old guys you would see at gigs when you were young....just looking a bit out of place and "old" - that's lots of us now!

Plus first time I saw Pavement was in 1992...18 years ago!
  • BillMurray 20 Apr 2010 22:57:06 7,700 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone planning on seeing Hot Water Music in the summer? I've got my ticket for the Leeds show in June and I can't wait!
  • morriss 20 Apr 2010 23:11:29 70,928 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    deem wrote:

I love Band of Horses.
  • mal 20 Apr 2010 23:17:01 22,448 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Chris Cunningham on tour this week
    Only 2 shows in London and Manchester plus some festivals bits. Just been talking to someone who went to see him last night in Brighton, apparently it's an amazing show. Sadly not coming anywhere near me. Bastard
    Balls, I'd have liked to go to this, but the only places I can find are for wheelchairs. Anyone got one to lend for the night? ;)

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• AccidentProne 20 Apr 2010 23:35:00 1,162 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Anyone planning on seeing Hot Water Music in the summer? I've got my ticket for the Leeds show in June and I can't wait!

Had tickets to the London show, but I'm going to miss it as I'll be in the states at the time :( I don't think I've seen them since the No Division tour actually, must be like 10 years.
  • localnotail 21 Apr 2010 16:23:04 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Glad you got Pixies tickets, gamingdave

mal wrote:
    localnotail wrote:
    Chris Cunningham on tour this week
    Only 2 shows in London and Manchester plus some festivals bits. Just been talking to someone who went to see him last night in Brighton, apparently it's an amazing show. Sadly not coming anywhere near me. Bastard
    Balls, I'd have liked to go to this, but the only places I can find are for wheelchairs. Anyone got one to lend for the night? ;)

Rob a hospital? :D Shame, it sounds like he's put together a great evening.

• Kosmoz 21 Apr 2010 16:25:30 7,662 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    I'll be there! If my tickets ever arrive.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• RyanDS 21 Apr 2010 16:27:26 9,221 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Off to see Kiss at Wembley on the 13th. Can't wait!
  • markh 21 Apr 2010 16:27:26 3,598 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:

Is that the one at TJ's in Woodhouse?
  • BillMurray 21 Apr 2010 18:31:29 7,700 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's moved from TJ's to the irish centre now due to demand.

I heard there's a little secret gig at Santiagos around the same time aswell but I haven't heard when exactly just yet.
  • Deleted user 21 April 2010 18:40:58
    LCD Soundsystem in a week and Pavement in a couple of weeks, both at Barrowlands. So excited for the both of them. :D
  • MightyMouse 21 Apr 2010 18:53:24 1,131 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm pondering Wolf Parade in London in May. Ponder.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous