Bulletstorm: Epic games x People Can Fly

• Page

of 18 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 10 April 2010 01:15:49
    The creators of Gears of War and Painkiller (People can fly), give you Bulletstorm. A (you guessed it) futuristic FPS. With the White Knight of the gaming industry, EA, publishing.

Slowotaku (http://kotaku.com/5513826/first-look-at-gears-of-war--painkiller-creators-bloody-brutal-bulletstorm) say:

What do you get when you combine the shoot 'em up talents of Gears of War maker Epic Games and Painkiller creators People Can Fly? You get Bulletstorm, a futuristic first-person shooter that lets you play as a drunken pirate.

Bulletstorm is that not-so-mysterious game from EA, Epic and People Can Fly, an all-new effort that's coming to the PlayStation 3, PC and Xbox 360 in 2011. The new issue of Game Informer magazine spills all the gory details on the new shooter, an issue that has started to show up in subscribers' mailboxes and then quickly online.

According to early details from the magazine, Bulletstorm will put players in the shoes of Grayson Hunt, formerly the leader of a black ops team named Dead Echo, now somewhat more pathetic as a drunken space pirate. One interstellar crash landing and run in with an old enemy later, Hunt will be shooting, kicking, sliding and wielding a fancy energy leash in first person action. It promises piles of bodies and a rain of bullets—I mean, just look at that cover!

Gears of War designer Cliff Bleszinski is set to make an announcement about Gears of War 3 on Monday—an announcement that was slightly spoiled by someone at Xbox HQ—and apparently reveal a second game at the same time. That's likely gonna be Bulletstorm.

So, if you want details before even Cliff is allowed to give them on Monday, read the new Game Informer.

Gameinformer scans: http://justadnauseum.tumblr.com/post/508863869/bulletstorm-scans-for-your-cheap-pleasure

Gag reflex :D

PC/PS3/360, 2011.

• Deleted user 10 April 2010 01:16:59
    It has colour.
  • El_MUERkO 10 Apr 2010 01:19:35 16,950 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Epic and People Can Fly, that's a happy combo right there, not going to get too excited cause Gears bores the shit out of me but my interest is peaked :)
  • Hunam 10 Apr 2010 01:21:49 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whose doing what on the game?
  • neilka 10 Apr 2010 01:24:21 15,653 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    spartancog117 wrote:
    What do you get when you combine the shoot 'em up talents of Gears of War maker Epic Games and Painkiller creators People Can Fly?
    The PC version of Gears Of War...
  • Deleted user 10 April 2010 01:30:05
    The lead designer is from People Can Fly. Don't think that answers your question though. It has colour (may have already mentioned that).
  • Hunam 10 Apr 2010 01:31:43 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a great looking game. Looks like design by PCF and art/code by Epic, or at least Epic being the muscle and the PCF team learning from them as they go along.
  • ardamillo 10 Apr 2010 01:32:34 519 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The cover reminds me of Doom
  • Deleted user 10 April 2010 01:35:20
    Forgot to add: It's gonna be EA published.
  • Deleted user 10 April 2010 01:54:50
    Meh.
  • Lukus 12 Apr 2010 16:02:27 18,996 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So this has been officially announced already on Twitter by Cliffy B...

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100412006088&newsLang=en

Paintings & Photographs

• Machetazo 30 Apr 2010 18:37:29 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Game Informer has a developer interview video, and a Special Edition podcast (including reader questions answered in the second half, by the team that worked to compile the print version's Cover Story on Bulletstorm).
    At a guess, I'd say there are details to be uncovered, amidst the site's coverage.
  • Deleted user 2 May 2010 10:11:23
    New images at Gamersyde.
  • DUFFKING 2 May 2010 10:15:49 7,091 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pfft, not nearly brown enough to be an Epic game.

:)
  • Machetazo 13 May 2010 13:56:19 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's a Debut trailer and a dev interview, on Destructoid.
  • Deleted user 13 May 2010 14:05:11
    Seems to be UT3 basically with a bit of flavour. Would've spotted the UE3 engine from 0.1 seconds footage.
  • Blerk Moderator 13 May 2010 14:10:32 48,225 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    O...kay. That actually looks pretty crappy. Those character models were hideous.
  • RetardStrong 13 May 2010 14:36:59 3,229 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also looks like it could be a lot of fun. If it's anything like painkiller where you have to fight hordes of enemies at once and kill them in inventive ways, then color me interested.
  • Luckyjim 13 May 2010 16:08:50 2,871 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks a little juvenile.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 13 May 2010 16:11:15 25,412 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh dear.
  • Widge Moderator 13 May 2010 17:11:42 13,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quite. The gameplay mechanic sounds great but the presentation sounds horrific. Beyond cringeworthy. Effectively kills any enjoyment for me.

Why make games with the mentality of a 13 year old only to slap an 18 on it? Don't dumb things down!

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Machetazo 29 May 2010 11:29:25 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    More of this on Gametrailers' GTTV. It looks slow. They're going for this sort of way out extreme thing, but the man moves too slow. It's like a splash damage shooting gallery, from the level they're showing. You get funnelled down a path and are expected to stop at each attraction en-route to your destination and play (explosive) bad guy keepy uppy. How long is that going to stay interesting, versus making it a slog up the online chore-board?
    But! You can boot dudes in the face, and there's blood, explosions, and a tether! You can lash it to things, there's COMBOS, and then boot dudes SOME MORE!

Technically, it comes across as likely to do what it intends. If they quicken the pace up, to reduce downtime from the OTT, then they might have something more like The Club, which the chaining is part-and parcel, and the levels enable that. Atm, this is an FPS with an interesting backdrop.
  • Deleted user 2 July 2010 17:16:38
    Anyone seen the video of Cliff Blezinski doing a demo walkthrough of this?, fair play it looks absolutely superb!
    If it's split-screen co-op it's a 1st day purchase for me....
  • Lexx87 11 Jul 2010 16:43:21 20,869 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just bumping this to second what pswii60 just said...the video on Live at the moment makes this looks really awesome.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Vortex808 11 Jul 2010 19:51:15 6,945 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yep, saw the vid. i was going to ignore it, but on reflection after seeing that it looks like it could be quite fun.
  • trip919 11 Jul 2010 20:17:05 2,259 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So is this going to be a mulitiplayer game first and a single player game second? If so, I think I'll pass. Does look alright like.
  • Deckard1 28 Aug 2010 16:22:51 27,143 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    wow the graphics are pretty stunning
  • teh_MBK 28 Aug 2010 17:30:17 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Quite. The gameplay mechanic sounds great but the presentation sounds horrific. Beyond cringeworthy. Effectively kills any enjoyment for me.

Why make games with the mentality of a 13 year old only to slap an 18 on it? Don't dumb things down!

I for one am happy to play a "dumbed down" game now and again, if that's how you want to look at it. Yes, it seems that it will have the humor level of a 13-year-old, but at least it doesn't seem like it'll pretend any different. Not like most other titles, which try so hard to make you take them seriously, but in the end are a 13-year-old's view of a "badass" soldier, as in Gears, Halo etc.

A good game play mechanic and the blatant immature humor sounds good to me, especially since said humor seems rather funny at times. Best moment in the trailer is the "fire in the hole", the literal interpretation is a little bit immature, but the way it seems to put two fingers up to "serious" shooters is brilliant.

I also like the look of the way it not only allows, but encourages inventive take-downs by presenting you with these comments and some funky weapons (two grenades connected by chain? yes please!), thus deviating from the straight forward "shoot-baddie-with-bullet" mentality.

Guess this is another "wait and see", but when it comes out, from what I've seen so far, I fully intend to crack on some AC/DC and kick some digital butt.
  • DUFFKING 28 Aug 2010 17:39:40 7,091 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I bet half the people moaning about the immaturity in this game still love Duke 3D.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last

Previous