UK Truck Simulator / Let's clear Venatio's desk Page 4

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• bigshot316 8 Apr 2010 14:37:20 23,803 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I like Chess but couldn't possibly claim it as my street cred would wane forever innit.
  • Deleted user 8 April 2010 14:41:25
    I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of Milton Keynes.
  • Deleted user 8 April 2010 14:43:46
    bigshot316 wrote:
    I like Chess but couldn't possibly claim it as my street cred would wane forever innit.

It has basement daughters in it, what's not to love?

Even the link filename is working against this one...
  • DFawkes 8 Apr 2010 14:46:35 22,969 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's Fritz Chess 12. 12. Sonic is only good enough to be on number 4 of the series. Street Fighter only hit number 4. Even Mega Man only got to 10 core games. Fritz Chess has clearly had enough changes over the years to hit game number 12. it has to be excellent after that many iterations.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• bigshot316 8 Apr 2010 15:04:36 23,803 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh you know what? I can't look a gift horse in the mouth and my real friends are all too stupid to play Chess!!

Please may I have it??!!!
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 15:05:09 4,628 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No problem.

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Nexus_6 8 Apr 2010 15:28:25 3,878 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    Fixxxer wrote:
    So is this the game that offers the best interpretation of the UK's roads?

Ever since I was a kid I've dreamed about a (no doubt shit) game where you could drive about the country exploring what's up that little road you see off the A428.

Ever thought about driving down that little road in your real car?

Google Streetview?

You could cut a dashboard out of card and hang it round the monitor. I even remember a racing game on the speccy told you how to make a steering wheel out of a roll of cellotape to press the keys with!
  • bigshot316 8 Apr 2010 15:30:40 23,803 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I went for a walk round town on streetview last week!

This new fangled technology fascinates the shit out of Biggy :)

Can't be long before it is all up to date and you can actually zoom into your neighbours bedroom

/hopes
  • DFawkes 8 Apr 2010 15:36:11 22,969 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Street view even has 3D now. I like 3D, though it doesn't work all that great if I'm honest.

Clearly the devs hadn't made use of Street View at all though, with some of the massive liberties they took with the game.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Hunam 8 Apr 2010 15:37:25 20,674 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be honest, it's grey and murky green, I'd believe I was in the UK somewhere.
  • Andee 8 Apr 2010 16:09:17 681 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't suppose Africa 1943 is still going spare? It's looks rather interesting.

And back to the trucks, been to Glasgow in it Dfawkes? I was quite intrigued by the possibility of driving around it in a truck.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 16:12:17 4,628 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Andee wrote:

Yep, still here. PM me your address and I'll send it out.

• DFawkes 8 Apr 2010 16:19:41 22,969 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Andee wrote:

And back to the trucks, been to Glasgow in it Dfawkes? I was quite intrigued by the possibility of driving around it in a truck.

Yes. Like the rest of the roads, it's just vaguely Glasgow, insofar as if you live there you'll be offended how much they stripped it down. It's about 3 streets to the entire place, none of which I recognised (though it's years since I've been to Glasgow so possibly has one or 2 landmarks). they could've fitted in a bit more. It's on a CD for goodness sake!

Here's a map of all the roads in the game if anyone is interested:

Vaguely UK Road Map

• Flying_Pig 8 Apr 2010 16:20:45 10,996 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ^^ So Bristol no longer exists and Ireland has sunk into the sea!? What kind of post 'apocalyptic future' game are you playing DFawkes? Does your Truck have guns and armour plating in a Mad Max stylee??

Wow - gonna have to watch this thread more closely from now on...

No PS3 games going spare Venatio? ;)
  • Andee 8 Apr 2010 16:21:44 681 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PM sent, Cheers Mr Venatio!
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 16:22:09 4,628 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:

I won't be giving anything else away in this thread, apart from what's still listed.

I do have a PS3 game but I don't think you'll want it...

• Flying_Pig 8 Apr 2010 16:26:39 10,996 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:

I won't be giving anything else away in this thread, apart from what's still listed.

I do have a PS3 game but I don't think you'll want it...

You've got me intrigued now. I'm guessing it's some dodgy disney TV tie-in or Damnation...
  • Andee 8 Apr 2010 16:27:07 681 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Andee wrote:

Yes. Like the rest of the roads, it's just vaguely Glasgow, insofar as if you live there you'll be offended how much they stripped it down. It's about 3 streets to the entire place, none of which I recognised (though it's years since I've been to Glasgow so possibly has one or 2 landmarks). they could've fitted in a bit more. It's on a CD for goodness sake!

Here's a map of all the roads in the game if anyone is interested:

Vaguely UK Road Map

That does sound a little disappointing. I was hoping what with google earth and street view being freely available that they would have at least made a decent attempt at the city centres :(
  • Flying_Pig 8 Apr 2010 17:03:38 10,996 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spotted these 'Bargains' on Amazon:

18 Wheels of Steel - American Long Haul for 5.98
    UK Forklist Truck Simulator for 12.02
  • DFawkes 8 Apr 2010 17:06:23 22,969 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Those games are clearly just for very sad people.

;)

• DFawkes 9 Apr 2010 12:17:01 22,969 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm sure everyone will be glad to know I have now done a review for this which you can find... nowhere. Because the game apparently doesn't exist :p I have submitted it though, so all in good time.

It's an overlong and poorly written once anyway that I did, probably why I'm not in the business of writing reviews.

• shamblemonkee 9 Apr 2010 16:47:24 14,392 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got my game today, thanks mr venatio. That was awesome.
  • DFawkes 9 Apr 2010 18:08:36 22,969 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So did I, just got in from work to find it sitting there. Thanks very much Ven :)

Digger Simulator really does look like it simulates digging. Might be too hardcore for me, but it'll make a nice change to truck driving!

• Fixxxer 9 Apr 2010 23:23:48 1,304 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My game was also waiting for me when I... woke up.

/unemployed.

Thanks again. Also, the post office didn't mark the stamps so that's two free stamps as well!

/unemployed
  • Deleted user 9 April 2010 23:28:23
    :D
  • DFawkes 10 Apr 2010 01:17:02 22,969 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I already have The Sims and Animal Crossing for those :)

• Ivefoundgod 10 Apr 2010 02:34:35 563 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Would claim The Sims 3: Create A Sim for the missus(it's the truth I tells ya) but i'm in Ireland. Must say good on ya Ven for sorting everyone out with free stuff.
  • bigshot316 10 Apr 2010 08:31:21 23,803 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am waiting in eager anticipation with baited breath for 4pm, when I can dash home from work and truly test my grey matter against the awesome chessbots!!!
  • Page

of 16 First / Last