UK Truck Simulator / Let's clear Venatio's desk Page 2

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• bigshot316 8 Apr 2010 10:58:44 24,338 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I used to dream of a game where you could do anything. You start off living in a little flat with a few quid, and then you shape your little dudes life.

You can be nice, horrid, honest, violent, kind.. you choose the job he does, and then actually can control him (whether it be a boxer, a cake maker, a plumber or a thief).

You choose who his friends are, whom he is romantically involved with, his sexuality, beliefs etc.

You can drive places or go on holiday, start a family, push old women in front of cars, run from the police, be arrested, become a policeman...
    Just imagine how frigging awesome this would be.

Maybe they could do it online, with an ever growing world, and new jobs or hobbies or whatever can be added and uploaded by developers all the time.
    You now, you go for a game of footy with mates and get a Fifa kind of set up, or you go for a drive and it's alla bit Gran Turismo.

Anyway it will ever happen, but that is my gaming fantasy.

smoggo wrote:
    At weekends when my wife is away I like to wear her stockings and put Stickle bricks up my bottom whilst listening to Ke$ha songs.

• Fixxxer 8 Apr 2010 11:00:18 1,305 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    Fixxxer wrote:
    So is this the game that offers the best interpretation of the UK's roads?

Ever since I was a kid I've dreamed about a (no doubt shit) game where you could drive about the country exploring what's up that little road you see off the A428.

Ever thought about driving down that little road in your real car?

I DON'T HAVE A CAR!

/sobs
  • bigshot316 8 Apr 2010 11:02:35 24,338 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyway if there is Frebies going then I would like the shittiest piece of crap game that you have lying about please!

smoggo wrote:
    At weekends when my wife is away I like to wear her stockings and put Stickle bricks up my bottom whilst listening to Ke$ha songs.

• yogi 8 Apr 2010 11:04:47 106 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This should be your theme tune http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9lmCpIzhFo
  • DFawkes 8 Apr 2010 11:05:54 23,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Pretty sure I downloaded a demo of Euro Truck Simulator just to see how dull it was. It was really, really dull.

Yeah, but that had you in a left-hand drive Truck. UK Truck Simulator has you in a right-hand drive Truck. It's a totally different experience.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• SYS64738 8 Apr 2010 11:11:53 1,702 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    bigshot316 wrote:
    I used to dream of a game where you could do anything. You start off living in a little flat with a few quid, and then you shape your little dudes life.

You can be nice, horrid, honest, violent, kind.. you choose the job he does, and then actually can control him (whether it be a boxer, a cake maker, a plumber or a thief).

You choose who his friends are, whom he is romantically involved with, his sexuality, beliefs etc.

You can drive places or go on holiday, start a family, push old women in front of cars, run from the police, be arrested, become a policeman...

Maybe they could do it online, with an ever growing world, and new jobs or hobbies or whatever can be added and uploaded by developers all the time.
    You now, you go for a game of footy with mates and get a Fifa kind of set up, or you go for a drive and it's alla bit Gran Turismo.

Sounds like a hybrid between The Sims 3 (+ DLC of course...) and GTAIV to me!!

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 11:12:00 4,638 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Totally hijacking this thread. I also have the following PC games looking for a good home.

The Sims 3: Create a Sim
    Return to Mysterious Island 2
    Discover Europe (requires MS Flight Simulator)
    Pole to Pole (requires MS Flight Simulator)
    Blood of Europe: Medieval Battles of the XIII Century

Lancaster (requires MS Flight Simulator) - Gone
    Africa 1943 Theatre of War - Gone
    Fritz Chess 12 - Gone
    Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising (x2) - Gone
    Ninja Blade - Gone
    A Farewell to Dragons - Gone
    Plants vs. Zombies - Gone
    Need for Speed Shift - Gone
    Cities XL - Gone
    Fifa Manager 10 Gone
    Battleforge - Gone

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• shamblemonkee 8 Apr 2010 11:15:04 14,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cool, can i shotgun DoWII:Chaos Rising? Cheers.

ps. shouldn't it be Lorry Simulator if it's a UK product? ;p
  • DFawkes 8 Apr 2010 11:15:49 23,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    None of them will hold a candle up to Digger Sim. Need for Speed Shift? Need for Speed Can't-Shift-Any-Piles-Of-Rubble-At-All more like!

Some of those are pretty good, and most of the forum will never know due to the fact they're all hidden in a thread about a Truck Sim most people will skip :p

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 11:16:38 4,638 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    Cool, can i shotgun DoWII:Chaos Rising? Cheers.

Sure. PM me your address. I have 2 so there's another one available.

• Inquisitor Moderator 8 Apr 2010 11:16:40 14,558 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oooh, I couldn't pinch Plants Vs Zombies could I?
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 11:17:37 4,638 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Oooh, I couldn't pinch Plants Vs Zombies could I?

Yep, your address still the same?

• figgis 8 Apr 2010 11:17:48 7,381 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bigshot316 wrote:

That's real life biggie!
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 11:18:13 4,638 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    Can I have Dawn of War 2:Chaos Rising please?

Ok. PM addy, yo.

• Dougs 8 Apr 2010 11:18:19 69,015 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll take Ninja Blade!
  • Phattso Moderator 8 Apr 2010 11:18:39 13,762 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chaos Rising, you say?!

/edit: Heh, far, far too slow. :)
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 11:19:08 4,638 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    I'll take Ninja Blade!

Ok. Addy, plz.

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 11:19:31 4,638 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Chaos Rising, you say?! :)

Sorry, they beat you to it. :(

• Phattso Moderator 8 Apr 2010 11:21:18 13,762 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It'd only consume my life anyway. At least this way I'll see the outside this month. ;)
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 11:22:26 4,638 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Added Battleforge.

• Jazzy_Geoff 8 Apr 2010 11:23:20 7,781 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well this is all very civilized. Well played Venatio!
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 11:24:59 4,638 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    Well this is all very civilized. Well played Venatio!

As Gandhi said, be the change you want to see in the Eurogamer forum.

• Jazzy_Geoff 8 Apr 2010 11:26:18 7,781 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A scholar as well!
  • Phattso Moderator 8 Apr 2010 11:26:39 13,762 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    Phattso wrote:
    It'd only consume my life anyway. At least this way I'll see the outside this month. ;)

If it's not too restrictive on DRM (ie, you only need the disc in the drive) then I can send it to you when I'm done as I rarely get the time to play multiplayer RTS games.

Appreciate the offer, but let's not become part of the piracy problem*.

It's my Birthday in a couple of weeks anyway and I've dropped enough hints to the missus. This would just have been an opportunity to save her the cash so she could pay for the emergency heart transplant she needs. ;)

* it's probably Steam activated on the serial number otherwise I'd totally be part of the piracy problem.
  • Fixxxer 8 Apr 2010 11:27:24 1,305 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm going to look at the review for Cities XL so that by the time I shotgun it it'll be gone.
  • DFawkes 8 Apr 2010 11:27:50 23,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd really like Batteforge but I've already taken one. I bet Digger Sim is better than Battleforge anyway.

Actually, isn't Battleforge free online anyway? I think the box gives you some in-game credits, but I can still play it at least. That's win win \o/ Today is a good day to freeload!

Now please all vacate this thread, I have Trucks to discuss.

• Fixxxer 8 Apr 2010 11:28:07 1,305 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Actually, bugger it, can I have it?
  • Page

of 16 First / Last