UK Truck Simulator / Let's clear Venatio's desk

• Page

of 16 First / Last

Previous
  • secombe 7 Apr 2010 21:09:52 1,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was browsing in Game this morning waiting for my car to be serviced, so as you do I looked at pretty much every title they had, one in particular - oddly - really jumped out at me...

UK Truck Simulator (http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/uktrucksim.htm)

Is it wrong that I really, really want to play this 'game'? I've always wanted a driving game where you have realistic roads and are restricted by the highway code etc, I had Tokyo Bus Driver on my DC for a few years and loved it, and my favourite part of 18 Wheeler was the manoeuvring mini games, something oddly serene about driving 'properly'. Unfortunately the demo isn't available at the moment and 20 is a lot of money for something which could be absolute garbage.
  • Carlo 7 Apr 2010 21:12:28 17,913 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They also have a Farming Simulator.

Oooo Arrrrr - me and my combine harvester!

PSN ID: Djini

• Carlo 7 Apr 2010 21:15:10 17,913 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hahaha, and a crane simulator!

(Can I get these on Steam?)

PSN ID: Djini

• Deleted user 7 April 2010 21:15:59
    A mate of mine got this for review. Funnily enough it's shite.
  • jaxon58 7 Apr 2010 21:30:44 2,418 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tow Truck Simulator lands in a few weeks too. Quality.
  • Trowel 7 Apr 2010 21:32:52 16,848 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There was a brilliant articulated lorry simulator on the Amstrad - top down view, hard as nails. Anyone remember it?

Edit: found it - Juggernaut (Speccie video)
  • DFawkes 7 Apr 2010 21:51:16 22,056 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I bought this. Yes, really. It's alright, if you fancy playing in a simulated truck on very vague approximations of British roads.

You can even run your own company later on, if you want a little more depth.

But if you read it's name and though WTF, don't touch it as it'll bore the cock off you.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• metalangel 8 Apr 2010 10:00:06 4 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    These have been around for years... Hard Truck, 18 Wheels of Steel, Bus Driver... they're pretty good, in fact they're desperately absorbing at first as you slowly earn money to buy yourself a better truck and then customize it and so on. A bit like Elite.

And, just like Elite, once you've reached whatever goal you had for yourself your attention will rapidly drop off as there's nothing left to work towards. Definitely have had my money's worth out of all the ones I've bought, though.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 10:03:57 4,603 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Er, I have a copy of Digger Simulator on my desk if anyone wants it. :D

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 10:05:17 4,603 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Actually, secombe, I've just found a copy of UK Truck Simulator too. You want it?

• the_dudefather 8 Apr 2010 10:05:34 8,976 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    it's like hardcore Mr Driller!

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• shamblemonkee 8 Apr 2010 10:11:39 14,039 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EG delivers, lol. Secombe you're a good racer, but Truck driving?!?!
  • DFawkes 8 Apr 2010 10:19:06 22,056 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't suppose anyone has asked for that Digger Simulator yet Ven? I'll even do a review if you need one! I'm really dedicated. You'd have to be to play a Truck Simulator.

I just like doing stuff I wouldn't in real life, including saving the presidents daughter for Los Ganados, taking down a terrorist organisation using my elite stealth skills, or concrete haulage with the steering wheel on the correct side :)

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 10:22:14 4,603 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Don't suppose anyone has asked for that Digger Simulator yet Ven? I'll even do a review if you need one! I'm really dedicated. You'd have to be to play a Truck Simulator.

I just like doing stuff I wouldn't in real life, including saving the presidents daughter for Los Ganados, taking down a terrorist organisation using my elite stealth skills, or concrete haulage with the steering wheel on the correct side :)

You can take Digger Simulator, PM me your address. It's been sitting on my desk for 6 months so it'll be nice to give it a home. :)

Be aware, you will need at least a Pentium III.

• coastal 8 Apr 2010 10:27:42 5,372 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The trucking premise would be awesome if they added a multiplayer produce market a la Elite. Would love to be involved in a mad rush up the A1 taking coals to Newcastle.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• Vroom 8 Apr 2010 10:31:04 4,644 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    There was a brilliant articulated lorry simulator on the Amstrad - top down view, hard as nails. Anyone remember it?

Edit: found it - Juggernaut (Speccie video)

Why did I just watch that whole video? Fascinating physics.

Vroom

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 10:32:14 4,603 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    Do have Shelf Stacker Simulator by any chance?

No, I do have Lancaster The Most Famous Bomber From World War II, though.

I don't even think it is the most famous bomber from World War II.

• DFawkes 8 Apr 2010 10:35:09 22,056 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers Ven - I've already checked my specs for Digger Sim because I was considering buying it. Yes I'm that sad :)

It always surprised me this type of thing sell enough for any developer to make it. They generally tend to feel a little bit amatuer, but usually do what you'd expect. I suppose when you get so specific in your aim it's easy to get the basics right. Though there are some problems with UK Truck Sim, like other traffic not indicating or crawling along on the motorway. Then again, you get arseholes in real life too!

Installs to HDD with no need for the disc either. Hear that Ubisoft!

• the_dudefather 8 Apr 2010 10:38:43 8,976 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any copies of fork lift simulator sitting about the EG office?

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 10:43:03 4,603 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Cheers Ven - I've already checked my specs for Digger Sim because I was considering buying it. Yes I'm that sad :)

It always surprised me this type of thing sell enough for any developer to make it. They generally tend to feel a little bit amatuer, but usually do what you'd expect. I suppose when you get so specific in your aim it's easy to get the basics right. Though there are some problems with UK Truck Sim, like other traffic not indicating or crawling along on the motorway. Then again, you get arseholes in real life too!

Installs to HDD with no need for the disc either. Hear that Ubisoft!

On its way. Excuse the reused jiffy bag, we're all about the recycling here.

I expect to see your reader review next week. ;)

• Fixxxer 8 Apr 2010 10:44:52 1,302 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So is this the game that offers the best interpretation of the UK's roads?

Ever since I was a kid I've dreamed about a (no doubt shit) game where you could drive about the country exploring what's up that little road you see off the A428.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 10:44:59 4,603 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Any copies of fork lift simulator sitting about the EG office?

We had it. Not sure where it's gone.

Can I interest you in Return to Mysterious Island 2?

• bigshot316 8 Apr 2010 10:46:31 23,402 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fawkes I expect a full in depth review please- also an extensive youtube 8 part walkthrough with hints.
    I am not joking!!

Also, Ven I don't suppose you have any PS3's lying around on your desk do ya??
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 10:47:50 4,603 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bigshot316 wrote:

Also, Ven I don't suppose you have any PS3's lying around on your desk do ya??

Sorry.

Africa 1943 Theatre of War?

• bigshot316 8 Apr 2010 10:50:13 23,402 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Maybe if you promise to sign the front.
  • DFawkes 8 Apr 2010 10:51:00 22,056 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fixxxer wrote:
    So is this the game that offers the best interpretation of the UK's roads?

Ever since I was a kid I've dreamed about a (no doubt shit) game where you could drive about the country exploring what's up that little road you see off the A428.

Short answer: No.

It's a very vague approximation of the real roads, with very vague approximations of the road signs on them. I couldn't wait to see the roads in my area rendered lovingly, including the Forth Bridges. When I actually saw them they were again vague approximations of the real things, as if they'd been created by an artist who'd just had them described to them down the phone.

I'll do a reader review sometime soon with all the fun details, including working windscreen wipers. yes, really. You can't handle the fun!

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Apr 2010 10:52:03 4,603 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bigshot316 wrote:
    Maybe if you promise to sign the front.

I don't think I have a pen capable of writing on the plastic cover.

• BillMurray 8 Apr 2010 10:53:27 7,235 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pretty sure I downloaded a demo of Euro Truck Simulator just to see how dull it was. It was really, really dull.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last

Previous