of 54 First / Last

• yegon 24 Jan 2013 20:07:38 5,416 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Baldurs Gate has been updated, yay.
  • TOOTR 25 Jan 2013 13:52:21 9,652 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    hmm this Battle of the Bulge game sounds awesome - any one seshed it?

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Deleted user 25 January 2013 13:56:24
    Been close to it, but I'm not sure it's the kind of game you can dabble with.

I love advance wars but taking into account all the parameters that the review alluded to has me scared tbh.
  • Jeepers 25 Jan 2013 13:59:18 13,315 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    hmm this Battle of the Bulge game sounds awesome - any one seshed it?
    Bought it and dabbled with the tutorial, but not delved deeply into it yet. Looks very promising tho' - great attention to detail in the UI.

Knights of Pens and Paper is great tho' - lovely and old skool.

And why did none of you cunts tell me that Lords of Midnight had been released?!
  • DaM 25 Jan 2013 14:06:45 13,537 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jeepers wrote:
    And why did none of you cunts tell me that Lords of Midnight had been released?!
    I was waiting till one of you lot bought it to test.
  • Jeepers 25 Jan 2013 14:15:38 13,315 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Jeepers wrote:
    Fair call!

I'm tempted, but I'm wary of shattering my fond memories...
  • Jeepers 25 Jan 2013 14:16:50 13,315 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Altho' seeing Louise Mensch review it made me chuckle!
  • RyanDS 25 Jan 2013 14:30:20 9,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jeepers wrote:
    DaM wrote:
    Jeepers wrote:
    Fair call!

I'm tempted, but I'm wary of shattering my fond memories...
    I bought it... and just cannot get into it at all. I was 12 last time I played it and the speccy / c64 / amiga were king. These days... I can do retro platformers but just can do this sort of game.
  • TarickStonefire 27 Jan 2013 13:43:22 3,451 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just posted in the general iPad thread but this is more apt:

there's a game out now called Gridlee, which is free, and also happens to have MAME4iOS hidden inside it. Grab it quick before they pull it, especially if you have an iCade! Requires iExplorer to get your ROMs in, but apparently it all works very well.

Pretty much certain Apple will pull it soon though, like they did last time someone hid MAME in an app...

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• D_arkTrooper 27 Jan 2013 15:31:03 1,349 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Am I missing something here or do you need to buy a $35 piece of software (iExplorer) to get your ROMs copied across?

3DS Friend Code : 5000-2484-1471

Animal Crossing alter ego: Andy from Stoke

• Deleted user 29 January 2013 17:27:31
    Command and Conquer : Red Alert for iPad is 69p apparently.
  • DaM 29 Jan 2013 18:16:34 13,537 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    D_arkTrooper wrote:
    Am I missing something here or do you need to buy a $35 piece of software (iExplorer) to get your ROMs copied across?
    Must be something you can use? I just closed a page which recommended a free program (sorry!).

Just tried it, when I plug it into Linux Mint I can just navigate to the folder.
    Just fired up Galaxians, looked and sounded perfect.
  • mrpon 29 Jan 2013 19:29:14 29,587 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    D_arkTrooper wrote:
    http://www.i-funbox.com/ it's free. Once installed, click on iFunbox Classic, plug in your device and expand it, expand User Applications - Gridlee - Documents. Then drag your roms into the roms folder.

Then fire up Gridlee, it'll show you the rom list to pick from.

It's a bit hit and miss with support, something about missing CHD files but the ones I tested worked great (Thundercross, Wardner) Looks like a massive choice of config settings as well.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• mrpon 29 Jan 2013 20:04:42 29,587 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    By the way, anyone wanting to install the old Eurogamer iOS app that have it installed on another iDevice you can use that free app above to do it.

PM me if you need instructions.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• mikeck 31 Jan 2013 09:32:53 1,936 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Spaceteam

A simple sounding game made by one man, you and up to three friends command a space ship and have to follow the instructions on the screen.

Only thing is your instructions are for your friends, and each individual instruction has a different timer running on it, lots of instructions and very little time = chaos.

The ship controls that you have on your screen change each round, so the game gets very challenging, and very loud, very quickly.

Four of us starting playing this in the office yesterday and had to move into a meeting room to continue playing very quickly as we became far too vocal :)

Great fun, and free to download! (not single-player though).

Please try it, it's a LOT of fun.

Edited by mikeck at 09:34:54 31-01-2013
  • TarickStonefire 31 Jan 2013 13:42:45 3,451 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @mikeck Yup, I can confirm mikeck's findings. It's the only game my wife has ever actually asked me if I want to play. We had enough trouble with just two of us, god knows how crazy it is with four playing! :D

• mikeck 31 Jan 2013 13:46:12 1,936 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TarickStonefire Glad someone else has tried this, it's really good fun.

Not sure if I want to play with my wife though, don't want to fall out over it :p
  • GuiltySpark 31 Jan 2013 14:25:42 6,468 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What would you guys say is the best kind of multiplayer experience? I've recently got an iPhone 5 and I've played Hero Academy before that, and I loved it.

The app store really is like trying to wade through shit though, so I'm struggling to find another decent multiplayer game I can play with a mate.

Get bent.

• THFourteen 31 Jan 2013 14:48:13 34,475 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Words with friends or whatever thats called

or stuff like Real Racing 2 has multiplayer i believe?
  • GuiltySpark 31 Jan 2013 16:03:57 6,468 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers man.

On another note, I have to buy ringtones? What kind of backwards ass, money grabbing, testicle gripping mockery is this?

Get bent.

• GuiltySpark 31 Jan 2013 16:24:57 6,468 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've done it, jesus fucking christ, that wasn't some half fucking about I had to do.

Get bent.

• Deleted user 31 January 2013 16:33:16
    No you don't have to buy ringtones. Either use an existing track or there are plenty of apps that let you create one from a file.
  • IronGiant 2 Feb 2013 12:56:18 4,620 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Little Inferno - 8/10 Entertaining, excellent production values, funny and quirky. Perfect iPad game which i've really enjoyed playing, won't last too long but then for the price who's complaining :)

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - 6/10 The game itself is superb but the iOS version is buggy and sloppy, the controls are unreliable/annoying and it's crashed enough times to stop me playing it altogether. I advise avoiding until it receives a patch.
  • TarickStonefire 2 Feb 2013 13:02:43 3,451 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pixel People is getting rave reviews everywhere but after an hour with it I'm pretty sure I've got it's number: there's barely any gameplay whatsoever, but an extremely clever keep-on-tapping-might-get-something-new-soon mechanic. The city-building aspect might attract your attention but beware, there's no strategy to it whatsoever. Just dump as many buildings as you can into as tight a space as you can, that's it.

And, of course, dual currency that will suddenly kick in just when you get into it, forcing you to either waaaaiiiit or pay.

Looks *lovely* though. Shame there's zero challenge in the gameplay :(

• TarickStonefire 2 Feb 2013 13:08:32 3,451 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @GuiltySpark Try the Multiplayer page in the Games section on the App Store, if it's still around? It's got a good selection of the most popular multiplayer games.

• jonsaan 3 Feb 2013 08:22:13 25,440 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rather enjoying 'Dead Trigger' at the mo.

It's riddled with micro transactions, but is actually good enough to not resent liking them on facebook etc.

FCUTA!

• mothercruncher 5 Feb 2013 22:05:42 7,880 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    IGN giving away Need For Speed Most Wanted for freez:

Linky

Worked for me in the UK a sec ago, usually 2.99.
  • drhcnip 5 Feb 2013 22:40:21 2,663 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    good call...cheers
  • darrenb 5 Feb 2013 23:06:30 696 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    IGN giving away Need For Speed Most Wanted for freez:

Linky

Worked for me in the UK a sec ago, usually 2.99.
    Just tried to stick this on my lads iPad, I had to give up after getting frustrated with the damn thing.. I used to love the iPad but after pretty much a year of android use it seems so backward to use. The damn thing almost found itself thrown against the wall..

I will have a go at sticking it on tomorrow when I have some patience to clear some space off it.

I'm kinda hooked on subway surfers though, that has kept my attention for ages.
  • Page

of 54 First / Last