Sniper Ghost Warrior

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • smoothpete 31 Mar 2010 10:44:18 31,342 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sounds quite interesting

"Realism in the shooting, if not the plot, is the key to Sniper Ghost Warrior. The ballistic system accounts for distance, fall-off in the bullet trajectory, wind direction and so on, and you must manage the sniper's breathing while shooting. You have squad members to use as spotters, feeding back the positions of your targets. "

So you camping fucks can hone your twattish skills in a single player game now too ;)

Will this be any good? Probably not. But I quite enjoyed Sniper Elite on the xbox so if this has the same vibe then I'm game
  • phAge 31 Mar 2010 11:00:42 24,337 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Recently reading a book on US Marine and Army snipers has taught me, among other things, that hitting stuff with a gun at long ranges is hard. fucking. work.

Off the top of my head you need to take into consideration: distance, elevation relative to target, wind speed, target speed, temperature, air pressure, air humidity, the Coriolis effect, your position on the planet, ammo temperature, gun temperature, whether or not it is your first or 2nd shot of the day - and of course the ubiquitous peculiarities of the specific rifle. And your breathing and heartrate.

Bad Company 2 should incorporate all of those variables, IMHO.
  • billythekid 31 Mar 2010 11:08:59 11,027 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sniper One is a great read if you want to understand more about the life of a sniper.

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/3375533/Sniper-One/Product.html
  • Jazzy_Geoff 31 Mar 2010 11:10:19 7,767 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sounds like a right laugh
  • nickthegun 31 Mar 2010 11:10:39 58,814 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    phAge wrote:

Yeah, that would make the game absolutely awesome.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• absolutezero 31 Mar 2010 11:11:10 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its like they got the name from a video game name generator on the internet.

Sniper Ghost Warrior?

WAT.
  • RunningMan 31 Mar 2010 11:11:44 2,386 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    Recently reading a book on US Marine and Army snipers has taught me, among other things, that hitting stuff with a gun at long ranges is hard. fucking. work.

Off the top of my head you need to take into consideration: distance, elevation relative to target, wind speed, target speed, temperature, air pressure, air humidity, the Coriolis effect, your position on the planet, ammo temperature, gun temperature, whether or not it is your first or 2nd shot of the day - and of course the ubiquitous peculiarities of the specific rifle. And your breathing and heartrate.

Mag should also learn from this, snipers can takes you out from the other side of the map.
  • billythekid 31 Mar 2010 11:11:58 11,027 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Super Mega Sniper Ghost Warrior Turbo!
  • TechnoHippy 31 Mar 2010 11:17:03 14,698 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    Sniper One is a great read if you want to understand more about the life of a sniper.

Good book.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• nickthegun 31 Mar 2010 11:19:07 58,814 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    absolutezero wrote:

Sniper Ghost Warrior?

WAT.

It sounds like a 14 year olds gamertag

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• phAge 31 Mar 2010 11:22:51 24,337 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    phAge wrote:

Yeah, that would make the game absolutely awesome.
    Exactly.
  • Venkman90 31 Mar 2010 11:29:04 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    phAge wrote:

I remember watching the directors commentary for Shooter, he was saying the snipers eat Beef Jerky on assigments with no sugar or caffine allowed as their bloodflow needs to be steady cos it can throw the shot off.

It's mental levels of discipline. Also a .50 cal bullet does not make a hole, it makes a Jackson Pollak out of your body :D
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 11:34:29
    You watched the directors commentary for Shooter?

Takes all sorts.
  • absolutezero 31 Mar 2010 11:36:23 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    absolutezero wrote:

Sniper Ghost Warrior?

WAT.

xXSniPeRGOASTwarriorXx
  • phAge 31 Mar 2010 11:38:46 24,337 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    absolutezero wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    absolutezero wrote:

Sniper Ghost Warrior?

WAT.

xXSniPeRGOASTwarriorXx
    It is probably something well hard in Eastern European (...), like "Wraznlizanavo Naz Rczavzh" - which then turns into the slightly less hard "Sniper Ghost Warrior" upon translation.
  • DFawkes 31 Mar 2010 11:50:43 22,603 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Damn, I was expecting a new Dynasty Warriors game, with added firearms and some spirits.

That actually sounds quite good, but the kind of quite good that might sound better on paper than it plays. I shall watch this one with cautious enthusiasm I think.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• repairmanjack 31 Mar 2010 11:54:38 5,987 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If it's anything like Sniper Elite this will be a day one purchase. Love that game.
  • Venkman90 31 Mar 2010 11:57:22 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    squarejawhero wrote:
    You watched the directors commentary for Shooter?

Takes all sorts.

:D

I was extremley bored, had just moved into my new flat (2 years ago) had no broadband and only a handfull of DVD's with me...

• Doomspoon 31 Mar 2010 12:19:44 2,416 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    absolutezero wrote:

xXSniPeRGOATSEwarriorXx

fixed?
  • smoothpete 3 Apr 2010 13:27:34 31,342 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Video
  • ChampionAdam 3 Apr 2010 13:50:43 96 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    billythekid wrote:

They lost me at "Second only to Bravo Two Zero"...
  • Oh-Bollox 3 Apr 2010 13:57:31 5,164 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    the Coriolis effect,

Someone's Walter Mittying it here, the CE makes no appreciable difference at such ranges.
  • mal 3 Apr 2010 13:59:27 22,339 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I guess this is a sequel to Sniper: Art of Victory. Still, does seem to make good use of the Lithtech engine, and if it does come out on 360 as well as PC that may be a first for them.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Venkman90 3 Apr 2010 14:06:59 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Video

Eh, looks crap.

The dialog is awful, not very authentic if that's what they are aiming for, 2 snipers instead of one and a spotter?
  • Doomspoon 3 Apr 2010 16:14:27 2,416 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Venkman90 wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    Video

Eh, looks crap.

The dialog is awful, not very authentic if that's what they are aiming for, 2 snipers instead of one and a spotter?

I didn't get to see what rifle the second bloke was equipped with but it's not unusual for the spotter to be eqipped with an assault rifle.
  • Venkman90 4 Apr 2010 22:50:20 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Doomspoon wrote:
    Venkman90 wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    Video

Eh, looks crap.

I didn't get to see what rifle the second bloke was equipped with but it's not unusual for the spotter to be eqipped with an assault rifle.

It looked like another sniper, plus he was miles away and I thought spotters were on site with the sniper.

I hate to look like a Military geek but don't sell a game on "authenticity" and then make it into 24 ;)
  • absolutezero 4 Apr 2010 23:02:15 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Doomspoon wrote:
    absolutezero wrote:

xXSniPeRGOATSEwarriorXx

fixed?

http://i28.tinypic.com/2pye4x4.jpg

No. Not fixed.
  • Machetazo 23 Apr 2010 23:59:48 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New trailer, sets up and strikes for a headshot! That's all in-game? :)
  • Hunam 19 Jun 2010 20:04:01 20,674 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Demo is up for PC players, it's actually pretty good. Feels oddly console in some respects (stream lined controls, that console field of view) but very PC at the same time (tight controls, no guidance for actions like jumping over fences, climbing and old style health bar).

Sneaking around is good, sniping is excellent and the missions seem fun enough. There was some crazy storyline going on which seemed to do the job of giving you a reason to sneak around and murder dudes.
  • Dizzy 19 Jun 2010 20:08:51 2,571 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nice...

Could give some kind of new gameplay... I guess it will be a bit of a puzzle game on who to take out first where. A bit like Commandos.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous