More HD remakes please

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:02:52
    Just making my way through God of War II now (GOW collection) and as many of you are no doubt aware, its still a much better game than many others that have come out this generation.
    There are literally thousands of great games that could be remade and remastered and i have no doubt they would find new audiences.
    We've only had a few high-profile remakes that i can think of (GOW, Tomb Raider anniversary, Riddick, Perfect Dark, etc) but there are so many options and i have no idea why developers cant make them happen. My personal list of games that i would love to see remade and remastered in HD are :

Shenmue
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Daytone USA
    Demolition Derby
    Jonah Lomu Rugby
    Shadow of the collosus
    Goldeneye
    ico

All classics in my opinion but if i want to play them i'd have to go out and buy a PS1/PS2/Dreamcast,etc. I would gladly part with my hard earned cash for these games if they were on XBLA, PSN or re-released for retail sale.
  • kalel 31 Mar 2010 10:04:32 83,839 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There are rumours of a Team ICO HD Pack I believe, presumably to come out when Last Guardian does.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 31 Mar 2010 10:04:32 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    HD lomu

lol

would love it mind but that is never going to happen
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:16:43
    Counter Strike?
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:17:10
    Halo 3. HEYYO
  • mrpon 31 Mar 2010 10:18:32 27,640 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Interested in the last two obv. Maybe a HD MGS/MGS2/3 could work for me.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• drumbaby 31 Mar 2010 10:19:49 2,688 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DMC 1, with fully customisable controls.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:22:47
    Croc.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:23:20
    Cool Croc Twins?
  • kalel 31 Mar 2010 10:26:46 83,839 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shadow of the Colossus is a good one as that was a game that really should have been delayed a generation in the first place, you can almost hear the ps2 crying with the agony of being strained as you play the game. I would absolutely love an HD remake of that, and one of ICO certainly wouldn’t hurt either.

Still hoping Black Mesa emerges. HL Source was a massive disappointment. I’d very much enjoy playing the original game with shiner graphics.

I also wish they’d leave the Monkey Island games alone (so overrated as a series imo) and do an HD of the superior Lucasarts games, like Day of the Tentacle and The Dig.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:28:47
    kalel wrote:

I also wish they’d leave the Monkey Island games alone (so overrated as a series imo)
    Ban request plz!
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:28:51
    They're doing newer versions of SotC and ICO, so you're in luck there.

2D remakes should be banned.
  • kalel 31 Mar 2010 10:29:57 83,839 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    They're doing newer versions of SotC and ICO, so you're in luck there.

2D remakes should be banned.

Are they really? I wasn't aware of that. Where did you find that out fron, was it from the 2nd post in this thread further up the page?
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:31:56
    Apparently so, check the SotC group.
  • Zomoniac 31 Mar 2010 10:31:59 7,402 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Halo 1/2, MGS 1/2/3 and Jak trilogy remakes would be much appreciated.

But not Shenmue, for two reasons; a) the controls are wank, they'd have to be properly redone in proper analogue with standard movement (they're basically the same as Heavy Rain), and I don't know how much effort that would take; and b) having played through it a few months ago it made me cry how bad the voice acting is. Really awful. If re-released like that now it would be a laughing stock (though that said it's no worse than the JRPGs everyone loves). They'd have to re-do the lot for it to be taken in any way seriously.

As it is, I still (just about) see it as the best game ever made. Best way to keep it like that is to leave it alone :)
  • Goban 31 Mar 2010 10:34:30 8,996 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Shadow of the Colossus is a good one as that was a game that really should have been delayed a generation in the first place, you can almost hear the ps2 crying with the agony of being strained as you play the game.

It really was quite painful at times, almost ruined the game for me. A remake would be fantastic.

I don't want to have to buy a PS3.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:34:38
    A rerelease with the original JPN track? That'd be ace.
  • L_Franko Moderator 31 Mar 2010 10:35:00 9,682 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, and Urban Strike.
  • andywilkie35 31 Mar 2010 10:35:10 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Halo 1/2, MGS 1/2/3 and Jak trilogy remakes would be much appreciated.

Yes please.

A SotC remake I would buy for £100

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:35:29
    Goban wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Shadow of the Colossus is a good one as that was a game that really should have been delayed a generation in the first place, you can almost hear the ps2 crying with the agony of being strained as you play the game.

It really was quite painful at times, almost ruined the game for me. A remake would be fantastic.

I don't want to have to buy a PS3.
    How are you planning on playing it then? :)
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:39:51
    mrpon wrote:
    Maybe a HD MGS/MGS2/3 could work for me.

Forgot to put these on my list. This would actually be extremley useful as, before MGS4, i had never played a MGS game (recovering SEGA and Microsoft fanboy) and therfore had absolutely no idea what was going on - still enjoyed it though!.
  • Zomoniac 31 Mar 2010 10:40:28 7,402 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh, and for the forthcoming Sonic Adventure XBLA port to have a proper right-stick camera, and to be properly remastered in HD instead of being in a big box with a stretch option (this will never happen).

As above for Crazy Taxi, JSR/JSRF, SoulCalibur (properly done in HD, with mission battle, not that shit thing currently on XBLA), ChuChu Rocket, PowerStone 1/2, Rayman 2, Burnout 3, Resi CV with RE5 quality visuals, NiGHTS, Sega Rally, Ridge Racer and FantaVision.
  • DFawkes 31 Mar 2010 10:41:39 22,049 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wish they'd do an HD Halo 3. See what I did there? I implied Halo 3 wasn't HD! Not really, I love Halo 3.

I'd still like Final Fantasy VII. I'd have hoped they'd have the original source files of the backgrounds they made that they could just render at a higher resolution, so it can't be too hard - though the fact they've suggested it would be is telling. Probably lost the source files ages ago.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• mrpon 31 Mar 2010 10:42:43 27,640 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    pswii6o wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Maybe a HD MGS/MGS2/3 could work for me.
    ..and therfore had absolutely no idea what was going on
    You still won't!

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Neut 31 Mar 2010 10:44:05 380 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deus Ex
  • Doctor_What 31 Mar 2010 10:44:37 14 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy has been crying out for re-release and being polished up for a few years, even more so now God Of War has done so well.

I'd love a Soul Reaver HD polish-up job too - that had some of the best level design I've ever seen.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2010 10:46:33
    Get a PC and run Prince in HD then :D
  • espibara 31 Mar 2010 10:51:09 4,155 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, and Urban Strike.

THIS

I'd be so over this if they did with my MS points
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous