Justified - US Pace *Spoilers* Page 4

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• AcidSnake 8 Jan 2013 13:59:33 7,233 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One of my favourite "characters" of the show has to be that rooster in the opening credits...
    Don't know exactly why, but it just looks like a redneck rooster...Weird shaped head or something, it makes me smile every time I see it, it just belongs there...

Can't wait for the show to start again...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• agparrot 8 Jan 2013 14:01:06 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    One of my favourite "characters" of the show has to be that rooster in the opening credits...
    Don't know exactly why, but it just looks like a redneck rooster...Weird shaped head or something, it makes me smile every time I see it, it just belongs there...

Hmm, it's funny you should say that - Justified is one of the few programs that I watch where I always let the full opening credits roll. It isn't overly long, and feels like part of the viewing that shouldn't be fast-forwarded.

Rooster and all.
  • Tonka 8 Jan 2013 14:14:10 20,163 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I agree. The credits are stellar. Much like dexters but even more so (Dexters became a bit gimmicky after a while). Justifieds put me straight in the mood for some Hillbilly crime drama.

Roll on tomorrow.

YYYAAARRRRR

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Tonka 8 Jan 2013 14:14:37 20,163 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Got the first season for my dad at Xmas. Now he's hooked on the show. He wants to know what other shows he has been missing out on, plans to go on a boxset shopping spree
    He's clearly been missing out on LONGMIRE

• agparrot 8 Jan 2013 14:20:39 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm, I'm sure there's some sort of very subtle hinting going on about watching some other TV show, but I can't for the life of me put my finger on what it is called.
  • Trane 8 Jan 2013 14:23:26 4,050 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh it's back today?

Awesome.
  • AcidSnake 8 Jan 2013 14:48:14 7,233 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I usually watch all credit sequences...The only one I consistently skip is the Deadwood one...Too long and only one redeeming shot in it...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• TheSaint 8 Jan 2013 15:25:15 14,269 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They aren't usually long enough to bother skipping. The only ones I find particularly annoying are the opening credits for Homeland.
  • crispyduckman 8 Jan 2013 16:34:36 1,856 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Really looking forward to this. Especially, after the train wreck that was, imo, Homeland S2.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• Scurrminator 9 Jan 2013 13:28:04 8,395 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That was FUCKING BRILLIANT!
    So many funny scenes.
    Bear costume lol & wtf!?
    Looking forward to seeing where the series goes.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• crashVoodoo 9 Jan 2013 13:39:50 3,858 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not touching that spoiler until I've watched it but you've got me excited for later....

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Scurrminator 9 Jan 2013 13:40:49 8,395 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Actually the bit that had me chuckling the most
    Take care of him
    It's a crime this show only has a page for each season!!!

• President_Weasel 9 Jan 2013 13:56:39 9,134 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wait, Justified is back? Ace!
  • Apollo 9 Jan 2013 14:36:47 523 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone catch Goggin's "it has be seen to be believed" cameo on Sons ?
    But I digress. Welcome back Raylan.
  • Razz 9 Jan 2013 14:47:26 61,001 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    AcidSnake wrote:

Hmm, it's funny you should say that - Justified is one of the few programs that I watch where I always let the full opening credits roll. It isn't overly long, and feels like part of the viewing that shouldn't be fast-forwarded.

Rooster and all.
    Me too! :D I've always found hiphop in the title a bit jarring, because it works but it shouldn't. o_O

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• crashVoodoo 9 Jan 2013 15:41:41 3,858 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    agparrot wrote:
    AcidSnake wrote:

Rooster and all.
    Me too! :D I've always found hiphop in the title a bit jarring, because it works but it shouldn't. o_O
    oh it works... bubba says so

Edited by crashVoodoo at 15:43:42 09-01-2013

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Tonka 9 Jan 2013 20:06:09 20,163 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    That was FUCKING BRILLIANT!
    So many funny scenes.
    Bear costume lol & wtf!?
    Looking forward to seeing where the series goes.
    Amen! What a start.
    This, game of thrones, Longmire and walking dead. They're spilling me.

• Tonka 10 Jan 2013 06:29:38 20,163 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wow. Still overjoyed by the goodness of that first episode.

I wonder how many of the characters we'll see more of this season. They all felt too fleshed out to just disappear after one episode. Especially the bail jumper. Proper menacing yet with a likeable streak in him.

Great great great way to start the american TV year.

• crispyduckman 10 Jan 2013 13:09:49 1,856 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    agparrot wrote:
    AcidSnake wrote:

Rooster and all.
    It's Gangstagrass. Not the best of the blues/bluegrass southern hip hop groups, but fairly decent nonetheless.

Probably sounds jarring for the listener who's mainly exposed to recent popular commercial hip hop. I actually got into hip hop from the blues side with some of the Fat Possum stuff and New Beats From The Delta etc. so it makes perfect sense to my ears.

• ScoutTech 10 Jan 2013 13:13:52 2,423 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have been known to fast forward the credits when watching on my laptop and the sped up hiphop actually adds something to it!

My favourite moment?
    Exploding the airbag
    Had me in stitches!
  • TopDrawer 10 Jan 2013 13:27:54 17 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've been meaning to watch this show for an absolute age. I loved deadwood and as soon as this was cast and the first season came out I was very interested but somehow never got round to it.

Just got the first 2 seasons so I'm sure I'll blast through them in no time!

A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

• crispyduckman 10 Jan 2013 13:32:09 1,856 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I watched ss1-4 of this and then watched Deadwood. I couldn't have been more disappointed in Deadwood.

• TechnoHippy 10 Jan 2013 13:41:23 14,705 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    They aren't usually long enough to bother skipping. The only ones I find particularly annoying are the opening credits for Homeland.
    I can't let it happen again

/SLAP

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• crispyduckman 10 Jan 2013 13:45:12 1,856 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I remember when I stopped watching broadcast TV and then going to my folks' place and having to watch fucking adverts. The Netflix skipping of opening/closing credits and "last week on..." has similarly spoilt me.

• Razz 10 Jan 2013 14:50:46 61,001 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ^This I'm always surprised but mesmerised by TV adverts when I see them.

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• crispyduckman 10 Jan 2013 15:37:53 1,856 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I caught myself smiling at an advert over Xmas. I was so disturbed by that response, I just switched the telly off altogether.

• Deleted user 10 January 2013 15:46:11
    I've watched about the first 4 episodes in series 1 and it seems OK but a bit tame. Does it improve? How long should I give it?
  • Scurrminator 10 Jan 2013 15:52:12 8,395 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Season one is a slow burn; but it's more about the setting and characters really. It does get a LOT better.
    But as I said if you're not enjoying the setting and it's characters then maybe it's not for you...BUT IT DOES GET BETTER AND IT'S AWESOME.

• crispyduckman 10 Jan 2013 15:52:44 1,856 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Depends. If you don't like the character of Raylan, you prob won't like this show. I once met a guy who liked Star Wars but didn't care much for Han Solo. IMO, that's just fucking crazy.

• Mr_Sleep 10 Jan 2013 15:56:26 16,922 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    I've watched about the first 4 episodes in series 1 and it seems OK but a bit tame. Does it improve? How long should I give it?
    I was exactly the same, it felt like average US fluff for a few episodes but it improves a great deal once the characters have been fleshed out a bit.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Page

of 9 First / Last